Rare Items?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I wonder if there will be some hidden/easter-egg like Item that will be available in the game? For example like in WoW. It's really hard to get the TLPD - Time Lost Proto-Drake mount.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I would say that 'rare' could already be materials from other planets. It won't be easy for Demons/Beastman to get materials on the 'opposing' planet.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This post is deleted!

Skins will exist (for mounts for example), so I'm quite sure rare skins will exist.

No gear item will have OP stats compared to other items though, even if it will be rare appearance and lore wise.

I am positive that there will be also rare drops or at least I hope so. Rare drops are really good add for loot tables and can really encourage people to explore and adventure. Those are also something which keeps some people going. There might not be finished items as rare drops, but there can be something what you can use like skins or something you can use in crafting for example. In Albion Online you could get this Necromantic Elixir, which was a rare drop from some specific undeads. Combining that elixir with basic riding horse you got a bonehorse, which looked unique and had better stats also.

I think what we must realize here as well is that Fractured is not trying to be like other games...

I prefer that hard work pays off instead of chance....

I saw my brother farm Wow bosses to get a specific mount drop or try farm a drop from a mob that had a 1 in billion chance to drop.

I am sorry but that is the most unfun thing ever....

So I am personally happy this game wants to implement horizontal progression and player crafted items over silly leveling and loot grinding.

@Azraelius said in Rare Items?:

I saw my brother farm Wow bosses to get a specific mount drop or try farm a drop from a mob that had a 1 in billion chance to drop.

That is how I got Onyxia and few others.. πŸ˜…

Nowadays I would not have that much time to play, that I could grind or camp some rare drops. But I have thought it this way.. What harm can happen if there will be different kind of rare drops? Especially because some people loves to collect those. So if that keeps some people keen with the game, then why not? I am not forced to go after rare drops, but I am glad if Fractured can make those people happy too.

i'm wanting to say Promethous said there would be limited item drops. but dont expect WoW rare item style.

Now I'd love sometime similar to WoW mounts, but it'd probably be a skin for a mount. Something to hunt for is always great to have.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Since this drop table is set up more realistic (no maces from wolfs etc) maybe there could be higher level resource drop? So you go and kill a Wolf pack leader and get "Hardened Wolf Bones" or something that would bump stats a bit for the item you craft leading to a rarer item being made.

Just a thought!

In Alpha, some loot drops are already rare. For instance, I've never had a bear's head drop. 😞

Given that that would seem to be a relatively common "rare", I'd expect more of the same as more mobs/loot are introduced.

Maybe some relics can drop as rare loot as well.

Relics. Relics are rare pieces of the lost knowledge of Elysium that have survived the Fracture and can be recovered from the most remote locations and dangerous circumstances. When consumed, they can trigger the discovery of a new spell or raise the strength of one you know above its maximum theoretical level – a power we’re sure the most competitive of you will crave to master. And oh, they give Knowledge Points too, of course.

I would like to see rare drops. That way hunting will have some excitement seeing what you get lol. I would rind in UO for hours just to get items to sell on my vendor. Vendoring is one of my favorite things to do in a mmo.

I'd like to see rare cosmetics for our house or player from drops or exploration.

Cosmetics, either for their character or their house has always been a huge source of money on my vendors in the past. Isn't it crazy that a game can survive solely on the income pandering to players' vanity? lol

@Farlander said in Rare Items?:

Cosmetics, either for their character or their house has always been a huge source of money on my vendors in the past. Isn't it crazy that a game can survive solely on the income pandering to players' vanity? lol

do you not know how many outfits barbie sold, plus any other accessories they sold.

we're just playing a virtual doll game....

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured