What about progress?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Just wonder what progressing type fractured will have (if any).
    I will be something like tibia or metin2 (sorry dont know any new games with progressing) where we can progress our characters with all the time without any END-game which in my opinion is the best "end-game" what we could have.
    Or it will be something like WoW and other games where you just gearing yourself to maximum and then you just waiting for another expansion?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Well, so far if you read the stuff in the news section:
    Knowledge system: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/522/feature-spotlight-3-the-knowledge-system/4
    they say that the world is going to be an adventure based on knowledge system where you earn knowledge as you play/explore instead of grinding exp from mobs. As for any MMORPG i believe gear is obviously an important part of endgame as any MMORPG without gear progression is probably geared towards audiences and most likely will fail as a MMORPG (unless we're talking about balanced PVP arena and the sort). However, gear might or might not heavily influence your stats. If you're referring to games where you don't need the best gear to play end-game content, well, I don't really know. We don't exactly have that much information yet, but I hope gear doesn't play a huge role in character strength even though it should play a part in having a strong(er) character.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt said in What about progress?:

Well, so far if you read the stuff in the news section:
    Knowledge system: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/522/feature-spotlight-3-the-knowledge-system/4
    they say that the world is going to be an adventure based on knowledge system where you earn knowledge as you play/explore instead of grinding exp from mobs. As for any MMORPG i believe gear is obviously an important part of endgame as any MMORPG without gear progression is probably geared towards audiences and most likely will fail as a MMORPG (unless we're talking about balanced PVP arena and the sort). However, gear might or might not heavily influence your stats. If you're referring to games where you don't need the best gear to play end-game content, well, I don't really know. We don't exactly have that much information yet, but I hope gear doesn't play a huge role in character strength even though it should play a part in having a strong(er) character.

Gear is supposed to be easily replaceable: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/175/gear-system/5 It also mentions there are rare resources though so there are probably ways to make high-end armor for those who are not afraid of losing it. πŸ˜›

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There is no leveling in this game. And the gear drops when you die out in the world. So even if you get the best gear you can get, if you die and lose some of them, you will need to work out and make new gear, unless you want to walk arround naked πŸ˜› , even though the gear is supposed to be somehow easy to obtain, the fact that you will have to work to gather knowledge, materials, etc, so you can build the gear, wonΒ΄t go away.
    One other thing is, there will be a lot of playstyles depending on the people, but no matter what playstyle you have, the most important thing in this game is knowledge, to earn that knowledge you need to explore, the more you explore the more you learn and the better you will be at the game, so you will have a lot to do in this game, even assuming that at a certain point you did explore and learn everything, I'm sure the devs will keep adding content to the game and more things to explore, so as you can see I doubt you will ever be able to say "there's nothing else to do in this game" or something like that, like you do in many other games when you reach end game ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu
    ah shit, well did not know that. Guess I might be dropping this game then. Not so interested in runescape/albion style stuff where gear is easily lost. Too much peeps who spend 10 hours camping solo/small group players in a large ass group and the sort. gl hf guys, will just chill and collect some data on how Fractured turns out.

@chrightt It's pretty easy to obtain gear, and devs already said that gear is by far not the most important thing in the game. You should not quite because of that man..

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu
    ah shit, well did not know that. Guess I might be dropping this game then. Not so interested in runescape/albion style stuff where gear is easily lost. Too much peeps who spend 10 hours camping solo/small group players in a large ass group and the sort. gl hf guys, will just chill and collect some data on how Fractured turns out.

Come join us on Arboreus, where PvP will be scarce. πŸ˜›

@vengu True. He can always do that @chrightt . Even tho there will exist PvP in Arboreus, it's certainly less than half than in Syndesia and Tartaros. Tho if he is more for PvP it is not best place for him :x

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@chrightt Just means finding a group to adventure with is more important πŸ™‚ thats not a bad thing really.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@frost said in What about progress?:

@chrightt It's pretty easy to obtain gear, and devs already said that gear is by far not the most important thing in the game. You should not quite because of that man..

I am not quitting because of gear issue, I am quitting only if Fractured operates like runescape/albion where the stuff you carry can be looted by other players if they so happen to kill you.

@Vengu Arboreus? I don't think that is the issue. I actually really like PVP, I just dislike the idea where newbies/less experienced players/small group/solo players get punished by say a group of 10 people camping roads to steal your stuff.
    @Miffi yes, but recently or even for the next year or so I don't have that much time constantly grouping up for MMORPGs like I do usually. I think I'm the sort that will hop on to do some solo/small group content with friends here or there. Therefore, it would annoy me greatly to have my stuff stolen. Don't get me wrong, I know why these types of games exist I just prefer other types.

EDIT: As I said, I'll probably follow fractured and see how it finally turns out in the end because results hardly ever follows the plan perfectly, so I will still need to see the completed product in beta first.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Gearing progression or leveling progression doesnt matter, what matter is how long that progression will occur, does it gonna be infinite and we will be able to progress all the time or sooner or later we gonna hit the wall because we will have the best gear.

What i mean we should be able to "power up" our characters all the time, not just level/gear to some point where everyone are at the same "power" and only skill is matter. MMORPG isnt FPS where your main target is your skill.

But thats only my opinion, not many games like these old mmos left.

@chrightt Well I once made a topic in how loot system will work, according to @Prometheus if we die we will lose everything we have with us, if we manage to get back to our dead body in time, we will recover them, but if in the meantime some other player loots you first, you will lose it. You can check the topic here: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/244/loot-system/3

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt I think it is more a question of mentality than system. I there is really a group of 10 person who are chasing player to steal their stuff, they are just a bunch of dumbs. But I think, if you ask to some people to chase them, maybe you will have some positive answers ^^ Loosing everything don't bother me, if I know who stole my stuff, as it, I'll steal it again πŸ˜›

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Well, i guess i will have to play in peacefull world then, as i don't like pvp very much. But this knowledge system looks promising

@diukes Then you will have to go for Arboreus, the Beastman race planet ^^ I'd say that there it will be arround 80%+ or so PvE ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@frost
    Yes, I know.
    @Esher Yeah, of course you can steal it back but it'll be a hassle and you just gotta pray you weren't screwed over while your friends are offline.

• DymStudios - CEO

I hope gear doesn't play a huge role in character strength even though it should play a part in having a strong(er) character

Gear plays an important role, but in a different way:

1. Different gear is suggested according to the region you want to explore - that's mostly related to the weather system and temperature. It's not literally a must to use different equipment, but highly suggested.
    2. Different gear is also suggested according to your role in battle and the foes you expect to face.

In a nutshell, gear is situational - higher availability makes you stronger. As with the Knowledge System, progression is horizontal rather than vertical.

I am not quitting because of gear issue, I am quitting only if Fractured operates like runescape/albion where the stuff you carry can be looted by other players if they so happen to kill you.
    @Vengu Arboreus? I don't think that is the issue. I actually really like PVP, I just dislike the idea where newbies/less experienced players/small group/solo players get punished by say a group of 10 people camping roads to steal your stuff.

You can be looted indeed - well, Beastmen actually can't loot you unless you're a demon or a human with evil alignment. But... if you play as a human, you'll enjoy a wide protection net from the laws in place on Syndesia. You won't get "camped" if you're a new player, and even in high level scenarios as a solo player, you can build a character with strong ability to flee if needed - but again, being "ganked" won't happen frequently. If you play as a demon, well... I guess you won't play as a demon πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus Thanks for the info, human it is I guess!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I'm a fan of all of this. Death should cost you something, preparing for the environment should be meaningful, and the tradeoffs between equipment should involve something more than just having bigger numbers.

• @prometheus said in What about progress?:

Gear plays an important role, but in a different way:

1. Different gear is suggested according to the region you want to explore - that's mostly related to the weather system and temperature. It's not literally a must to use different equipment, but highly suggested.
    2. Different gear is also suggested according to your role in battle and the foes you expect to face.

In a nutshell, gear is situational - higher availability makes you stronger. As with the Knowledge System, progression is horizontal rather than vertical.

First point sounds great. Reminds me a little bit of the survival aspects of another mmo.
    Or maybe a character in full metal armor travelling through a dessert will get a bonus to a skill like "inner fire" ^.^

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured