Aminal Tamer as a Class

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@azraelius if its too hard to do then it definatly should be deleyed for feither patches. we just descussing pros and cons. more opinions is better.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Very nice argument , usually i like the mounted fight like in Uo , but we need to know a lot of things about Fractured's combat. So i can't explain my preferences , i think they have surely planned all .

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@boogis said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

@jetah said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

@boogis
    there's more to mounted combat than just pikes. Nearly every weapon and spell could be used on a mount.

Now getting the mount comfortable with your attacks.. Oh that's the secret.

yes not only spears but spear could be like anti-mount weapon, this could be for warriors but also mages could have a special spell and archers as well.

the main idea for balance what i suggest is that you will deal lot less damage on mount then on feet. so you would have to choose either you wanna keep your horse (and run away/fight) or you wanna jump on your feet and fight in full straighth. what is your oppinion? isnt it a balance which would help?

mounted combat should do more damage. it's the reward for getting a mount and learning how to fight on it. Problem will be the amount of people targeting you to demount you. And again the cost of combat mounts should be very high. if you do reduced damage while mounted then what's the point of mounted combat!

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@boogis said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

@boogis
    there's more to mounted combat than just pikes. Nearly every weapon and spell could be used on a mount.

Now getting the mount comfortable with your attacks.. Oh that's the secret.

yes not only spears but spear could be like anti-mount weapon, this could be for warriors but also mages could have a special spell and archers as well.

the main idea for balance what i suggest is that you will deal lot less damage on mount then on feet. so you would have to choose either you wanna keep your horse (and run away/fight) or you wanna jump on your feet and fight in full straighth. what is your oppinion? isnt it a balance which would help?

mounted combat should do more damage. it's the reward for getting a mount and learning how to fight on it. Problem will be the amount of people targeting you to demount you. And again the cost of combat mounts should be very high. if you do reduced damage while mounted then what's the point of mounted combat!

In theory, speed. but I would tend to agree, dumping damage is probably a bad idea. I'd say that a horse should reduce your chances of not being hit, by a some degree (you are a huge target, and highly visible, after all XD ), but get a damage bonus based on the speed the horse is traveling when you hit something with a melee weapon, with mounted-oriented weapons getting a bigger bonus in return for a disadvantage for using it while not mounted (yeah, that lance adds up to 100% extra damage at a full gallop, but good luck smacking anything with the tip while on the ground; that sort of deal). Non-mounted bows get a bigger miss chance when the horse is moving (so use the mounted bows while on the horse XD ), cause they are unwieldly at a canter. Mages get some small chance of spell failure without the right passives - don't bite your tongue while chanting, ya'hear? XD

ground side, certain weapons deal bonus damage to horsemen - your zanbato, your pikes, your spike traps XD things meant to kill horsemen, and most of them deal even more damage against moving horses, than standing ones (spike traps, obviously, deal none unless you move onto it, soooo XD) - same mechanic as the mount melee weapons - faster moving horse, more damage dealt. Yeah, that pike is painful, but it takes a charging horse to drive it half way through the beast, rather than just most of one lung XD

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@jetah if you make mounted combat more damage there wont be a point in umounted combat? the point is speed. on mount you can chase anyone unmounted and kill it. so they have to have a chance to escape

@boogis
    Fighting still used foot troops because horses were expensive. Hence why I keep stating it.

There were strategies developed to dismount the rider and/or disable the mount.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@jetah yeah bro i think you are right from but maybe not higher damage but maybe the same damage. i guess. so players didnt have advanteges being on horse, but if its the same then whats a point to dismount? i dont know.

but besides of dismount technices, which i will help there is also one question im thinking about - what is better? when u on horse you are loosing your horses HP first and then your own (after its killed) ? or you always lose your own first and then after you are dead winner get your horse as a reward? this is very interesting question. when i try to imagine this i dont realy know what is better. cos if you will always lose your own HP there will be fights only on mounts, ONLY .............

hmmmmmmmm...........i dont know.....maybe if you are stronger on a horse then maybe it make sense to dismount to make enemy weaker. BUT... big BUT...once you dismounted enemy can he jump back on horse straght away of there will be cool down? cos if there is CD then ofter dissmaunted you have to focus on his horse so that he never jump back on it and become stronger again. but if there is a coolddown then its kind of unrealistic - why the hell i cant jump back on my horse? maybe just a little cd? (for dismounting to make sense?)

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@prometheus I'm very happy to hear that mounted combat isn't all too likely. I agree with that type of mechanic being rather difficult to balance correctly. In my gaming experience it typically ends up being worthless or an absolute for combat. Neither is good, and both take away from a part of the whole experience. Not to mention waste time on the developers end.

give us animals to tame and fight with

@boogis
    Your completely ignoring the cost of a mount. We have survival mechanics, so should mounts. Not enough water or food and the may run away. Not enough attention and they may runaway or turn on the owner, etc.

Also what happens if you turn to lich? Does your mount get scared from you and run away?

Do your mounts still recognize you after any race transformation? What about pets?

Transformation = you loose all pets and mounts? 🙂

(I guess you could perhaps keep the pets because you still stink the same, so they recognize you.) 😛
    (Like ewww, ok this is surely my master.)

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@gothix i suggest to tax all mounts so that you wont have too many )))))

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@jetah yes i am ))) but im not ingnoring mounts tax which will add some more value to horse )))

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Another issue is that spells may have a slowing effect, and using a mount would nullify this. Also, if there are spells that deal damage to those around you, using that while riding a mount would be too powerful

For example, if there is some sort of flame cloak ability in which you deal burn damage to enemies around you, riding a mount through a bunch of enemies while using this spell would be pretty overpowered. Even if the mount gets slowed when using this, it would probably be faster than those on foot.

I feel that, as @Genobee said, it would be difficult to balance, especially with the range of spells that Dynamight aims to make.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@wolfkomodo46 if you will use AOE while on mount then this bunch of enemy players (at least one of them) will dismount you. so i guess all front men will be dismounted and archers and mages on a backline will be on mounts cos they dont contact with enemies. and if someone like you are saying will rush into big crowd of enemies he will de dismounted and stunned and surly killed fast.

about slowing effect - in my opinion maybe using a mount should slow down you cast speed cos you somehow have to justify your horse speed. for example if you on feet then your cast is faster then on horse so you have to choose either you want move faster of cast faster. am I wrong?

about disbalance. i think mounted combat will add more veriety to game combat and add more tactics rather then make a mount just a moving vehicle. Even if they make mount not disapearing and killable then it will add segnificant tactics to a battle. so thats we are all here for ☝ to discuss and balance it in our minds 😁

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Sure why not?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured