Bit worried where the Kickstarter is

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It's quite possible that certain amount of people is waiting for future packages that will be purchasable with PayPal directly from their website.

yeah i'm not sire if this one gonna make it, i personally think its a great game but dont think its a great KS campaign, too much reliability on other sites etc. I mean one of the perks in the tiers in the VIP but just had a look on the KS main page and its not visible as to what that actually is, i mean i know but for new backers its just not a very good lay out multiple links to here there and everywhere and pictograph of what is in which tier would be so much easier, plus the lack of stretch goals even the first one gives no one anything to aim for etc. I hate to day this but i don't think this will fund this time, but i hope the devs rethink and come back with a much stronger and much more thought out campaign. even the vids are pretty samey you need to show the best of the game and variety.

@axan22 said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

yeah i'm not sire if this one gonna make it, i personally think its a great game but dont think its a great KS campaign, too much reliability on other sites etc. I mean one of the perks in the tiers in the VIP but just had a look on the KS main page and its not visible as to what that actually is, i mean i know but for new backers its just not a very good lay out multiple links to here there and everywhere and pictograph of what is in which tier would be so much easier, plus the lack of stretch goals even the first one gives no one anything to aim for etc. I hate to day this but i don't think this will fund this time, but i hope the devs rethink and come back with a much stronger and much more thought out campaign. even the vids are pretty samey you need to show the best of the game and variety.

pictograph isn't necessary though.

this is a great lesson for DS. They can make the necessary changes when they want to run another campaign or bypass KS and just roll it from their store.

@jetah said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

They can make the necessary changes when they want to run another campaign or bypass KS and just roll it from their store.

I do believe that running campaign on their own store can be more successful.

They will have more freedom (and room) as to how they wish to present everything (not constrained by KS format layout, or time constraint), they will be able to offer more package variations or custom purchases, and having PayPal as an option will be a big plus for the players that do not wish to share their credit cards with websites directly (or who do not use credit cards that Ks supports / use credit cards at all).

They can still pull off the kickstarter.

@gothix said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

@jetah said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

They can make the necessary changes when they want to run another campaign or bypass KS and just roll it from their store.

I do believe that running campaign on their own store can be more successful.

They will have more freedom (and room) as to how they wish to present everything (not constrained by KS format layout, or time constraint), they will be able to offer more package variations or custom purchases, and having PayPal as an option will be a big plus for the players that do not wish to share their credit cards with websites directly (or who do not use credit cards that Ks supports / use credit cards at all).

yes, but KS has visibility that their own site doesn't have. it at least let them advertise the game and people may drop in from it.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

there still a lot of feature im not sure about, like open world building
    gotta see how they wrap that feature first

@ruderoo said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

(...)like open world building(...)

That should hopefully be part of the long overdue spotlight...

the KS campaign is past the half mark and all they've released in terms of extra info on the player armor skin and horse skin... none of the information on player towns or any of the other promised info has been revealed... they should have planned this better... not sure if they are waiting to hit certain number of backers or funding but they should have released the stretch goals LONG ago to get players more excited...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@althalus I think they were waiting on backing, it does seem like it is struggling now.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@althalus same opinion as me.

@Jairone I do not think they are or were waiting for more backers to come. There are still some backers joining everyday; but people will not get more excited if they let them wait, it is more likely that people lose interest in it, so unfortunately they are busy with sth else.

Same with the overdued topic for next live-stream they wanted to reveal on Sunday already. I certainly do not believe they are not revealing it purposely to get people more excited, so there is most probably sth else in the bushes, which is no good sign either. I would rather reach out and say why there is a delay, instead of doing nothing/instead of spreading no news, either way there will be disappointment, but I think one way will create less than the other.

Like I said in my other post: I also do not understand, why they are not adding our suggestions to their Kickstarter, after they approved it in doing so... What are they waiting for? 🤷‍♂️

And even though a lot of people do not want to read this, but I must honestly admit, it is getting a bit frustrating for me (already) and therefore, slowly but surely my hype (not my general interest) is vanishing, what I really do not want to happen, but I cannot help it right now...😔

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Still got some faith with the KS, but starting to get a bit worried that it'll cross the finish line. Even if we count on a last day as strong as the first day, while still getting the average we have got each day (not counting day 1), we won't quite make it. Hopefully that trend gets bucked and we start having an uptick, but these middle days haven't led to too much growth.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

First of all. Don't worry indie games like Saga of Lucimia and Gloria Victis have had income without KS.

2nd. Think most ppl will get next paycheck, after Steam Summer Sale, before KS is over.

So chill and help out by spreading the word on mmorpg.com. That is where SoL and GV got their income from. Go look at the GV and SoL subforum on mmorpg.com and compare that too the Fractured subforum. Also the hype meter had GV stuck on the front page for two years non-stop or so. Like SoL is stuck on the front page right now.

@benseine said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

So chill and help out by spreading the word on mmorpg.com. That is where SoL and GV got their income from. Go look at the GV and SoL subforum on mmorpg.com and compare that too the Fractured subforum. Also the hype meter had GV stuck on the front page for two years non-stop or so. Like SoL is stuck on the front page right now.

off topic: i voted in the hype, and 11 more people did, why the meter is on 0.00 ? do we need to reach a magic number ?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire there is a magic number. I don't know it. Probably 25-50. Otherwise a small indie studio can just tell all the devs to vote 10/10 and their new game is at the top of the list for a while.

@benseine just because some games had income without KS and this game will MIGHT do better in other avenues other than KS doesn't mean they should do nothing and let KS fail... if thats the attitude the devs have then why did they bother with the KS at all? IF the goal for starting a KS was not money but to get free promotion and hype out of it, newsflash a failed KS doesnt bring in good promotion or hype it brings in bad publicity...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They definitely need to release more information more frequently, and get people hyped while the Kickstarter is live, and update the website while these new people are visiting it, add some screenshots or art like I mentioned in a post a day ago.

A week has gone past since anything notable has been shown.
    And there still is still no clear development plan.
    And I still think they need better rewards for the lower price backers, they are mainly getting chunks of cash from people who can afford to get alpha access, and then days of no backers.

@silarc Absolutely!!! when the KS campaign is 4 weeks long you cant go a week without update!!! hell, even weekly update isnt enough!!! they should be updating the KS campaign every 3-5 days with news!!! if they didnt have enough info material to update every couple of days they should have pushed back the KS until they did!!! and I agree about better rewards for the lower tiers enough incentive for people with less money to buy into a game they wont be able to play for another 3 years!!!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@benseine This ^

I actually purchased early access to Gloria Victis, because I seen so much activity on MMORPG .com and it was also on the top 10 games in development also. If Fractured gets enough votes on mmorpg, believe me thats like instant backing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Let's keep our fingers crossed for end campaign boost. But it does look slow right now 😞

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured