First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I really hope to not see friendly fire.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Actually I must admit I have been put off a little bit from my hype that accumukated with reading news section after watching the gameplay. I know that this is Alpha, but I am quite aware of other devs that didn't change a lot of things since the start of development, so:
    a) I hope the animations of movement will get improved
    b) Are you planning to change the energy bars above characters? Seem a little bit distracting for me.
    On top of that, I feel disappointed with a procedural generation - I hope it will turn out great, but my concern is that the world cannot be so detailed as in regular, but I understant your argument that it would take a lot of game developers. Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed and definitely going to back you on KS campaign!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Pretty impressive work especially for 7 people, well done! I know its an early alpha footage but just wanted to point out couple of things because I want this to be a success .

• When the weapon or the magic hits the target, you may want to add a quick animation like a stagger or a tiny shake of screen because right now it doesn't feel like a combat, it doesn't give the satisfaction of cutting your enemy down or casting a strong spell. It is like that three arrows the the chest was no big deal.
    • Second thing would be the interface; there is no minimap whatsoever, number of skills on the bar are too low I really think if you are able to build a unique character you would need some more skills , the cooldowns look really absurd (sorry) a simple timer would be better imo, the healthbars are too small and have no information and the damage numbers doesn't attract the viewer.
    • Last part is the after effect in combat, l like that icy explosion, it seems amazing because it leaves an icy field, however the ice beam is just a blue light, may be it should leave some ice on enemies. And it would be really great if the arrows would stay on bodies for a while, and some blood of course.
      Sorry for throwing a lot at you, but I really think these are important.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@eletze I disagree

• it's in pre-alpha. this means it's more of a technical demo. they ask 'can we do this' then figured out ways to do just that. other effects will be added.
    • i love the no minimap. I looked at the cooldown effects and love them. sure seconds would be nice but it's unique and I like it for that. They've already said in a spotlight that the number of skills would be limited. damage number detract from the game (and it's pre-alpha)
    • it's pre-alpha. you're expecting some more polished which could be called a beta.

• DymStudios - CEO

@clavicus said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

@Prometheus Pretty impressed by how good the game looks even in pre alpha state. Is there a twitch link somewhere floating around for fractured?

Will be delivered when we announce the exact time of the first Q&A 🙂

@logain said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

Can you 'define' friendly fire? Normally, the term would indicate that if a third person gets in the line of fire between you and the target, the ray/projectile/hit no longer hits the target, but that third person. How could you do that in a game with free targeting (you can freeze a river, so you need to be able to aim at said river...), while keeping your 'only consensual PvP - mantra'? If I can aim anywhere and deal damage to anything in that line (friendly fire), I could easily kill a Beastman as Beastman?

It means exactly that, but as I've said, you can avoid it by grouping with your friends. If you have a Good alignment, you also can't hurt other players with Good / Neutral alignment - this includes friendly fire. Since Beastmen are Good, they can't hurt each other. It was mentioned in this spotlight :slight_smile:

@Zefireq @Eletze animations and the UI are really temporary, as I've mentioned elsewhere. They will be both remade from scratch :slight_smile: There will be a minimap, too. Same goes for several particle effects. Don't focus too much on the graphics department, it's a pre-alpha! 🙂

@prometheus said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

@clavicus said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

@Prometheus Pretty impressed by how good the game looks even in pre alpha state. Is there a twitch link somewhere floating around for fractured?

Will be delivered when we announce the exact time of the first Q&A 🙂

@logain said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

Can you 'define' friendly fire? Normally, the term would indicate that if a third person gets in the line of fire between you and the target, the ray/projectile/hit no longer hits the target, but that third person. How could you do that in a game with free targeting (you can freeze a river, so you need to be able to aim at said river...), while keeping your 'only consensual PvP - mantra'? If I can aim anywhere and deal damage to anything in that line (friendly fire), I could easily kill a Beastman as Beastman?

It means exactly that, but as I've said, you can avoid it by grouping with your friends. If you have a Good alignment, you also can't hurt other players with Good / Neutral alignment - this includes friendly fire. Since Beastmen are Good, they can't hurt each other. It was mentioned in this spotlight :slight_smile:

@Zefireq @Eletze animations and the UI are really temporary, as I've mentioned elsewhere. They will be both remade from scratch :slight_smile: There will be a minimap, too. Same goes for several particle effects. Don't focus too much on the graphics department, it's a pre-alpha! 🙂

can we try the game out without a minimap? i think it gimps the players and doesn't have any lore reasons for being there.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah lol come on. I want my radar to see when you are close to gank me 😛

@finland said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

@jetah lol come on. I want my radar to see when you are close to gank me 😛

can't see stealth though

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus i must say that the handling of "friendly" fire mixed with the alignment and friend status is genious hehe

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

awesome! can't wait to play this.

• @finland A minimap should definitely not being showing other non-allied players you haven't seen yet. I really want to see a fog of war system, but I realize that might be a little much for an MMO.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah if we get invi abilities then we need abilities/consumables to reveal invisible characters. Somehow I will see you 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target minimap should reveal all enemies in close proximity of you or your party in the minimap. Fow is not for mmo.

@finland said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

@jetah if we get invi abilities then we need abilities/consumables to reveal invisible characters. Somehow I will see you 😉

i have a strange feeling you'll be around a month after the game launches then leave.

like, everything you say is anti-pvp.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

@prometheus said in First Fractured Gameplay Video Released!:

There is full collision between any type of creature (players included, in the same party and not). SpatialOS makes it possible! However, we might tweak the rules here too. Alpha testing will tell whether it's really feasible on a large scale or not.

if you ignore player collision then people/groups will become 1 death ball. Think of an RTS where you can move 100 units on top of each other. If there's player collision then creating choke points is useful, death balls are less; also still deadly, and would cause tactics to be necessary (at least I'm hoping).

Let me say the exact thing Jetah said in other terminology; full/friendly collision is an anti-zerg mechanic basically. Most players hate zerging. Zerging here is defined as a large group that will always win just because it is larger, in terms of numbers, than their opponents. This is happening at GW2, to state an example. As a result things like, skill, gear/progression and the like are less important than pure numbers.

If you want skill to have a significant role, then you need anti-zerg mechanics, and as I said, full/friendly collision is one, and a very important one.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Looks good so far!

• Excited about this. Loving the progress.

Sweeeeeet!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Loving the spells and abilities we saw. Hope to see just what sort of twists and turns each ability group takes on.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah dude every moba got things to reveal invisibles. Somehow you need to counter everything. I'm not suprise that pkers wanna go invi but would be unfair to have nothing to counter invisibility. As moba teach we can counter invi. About how long I'll stay on the game got no answer now. I need to see how it rolls out.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured