Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@lohen said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

ohhhh yes
    a new spotlight * _ *

Have you missed it? Or it was just a bit of sarcasm πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

And you haven't explained the 'in game mechanical benefit' to being a Demon. Actually, it seems to be far more enticing to choose a Beastman for a competitive PvP player, since the Beastman has a better grasp on resources, can decide when and where to initiate combat and have an easier time to retreat.

I think Arboreus will be larger because there will be more players than Tartaros. I found their system somekind balanced. Demons can hardly get some kills on Arboreus so I think gankers should not argue about it. I'm glad that's not a game only for killing spree and carebears gankin. Tartaros is enough for that kind of gameplay. Btw remember that beastmen will be debuffed and will suffer on Tartaros like Demons do on Arboreus. People should choose the race based on their playstyle and not on hypothetical benefits.

Are you worried that players could end-game only on Arboreus?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus
    In the spotlight it is mentioned, that Good alingment players won't be able to loot other Good or Neutral players.
    Are there any exceptions from this rule? For example looting a friends corpse and holding to his items till he respawns?

If my friend that is in my party dies and we manage to fend off the culprit before the body is looted, it would be good if we could take either the body or the equipment and bring them to a safe place.
    If we have to guard the body till dead player comes back, then we can be easily taken out one by one by murderers. Also the freshly respawned player may have hard time getting back to his body if he just had lost all of his equipment.

Maybe there could be some kind of item, spell or divine ritual (from good aligned deities) that would send unlooted corpse back to its rightful 'owner'? Performing such ritual could give a Karma reward to one performing it πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

People can flat out state that they are going to bot in the game on this forum, or even state that they have hacked and stolen items from people on other games (a real life crime) with no consequences to them. And there's going to be 'large areas' of a botters dream. That's kind of... the opposite of 'not being gentle'?

There are plenty of PvE MMOs where botters get punished. To me it sounds like you're making up arguments to convince the devs to make 3 PvP planets.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

This one brings most amazing news! I just found out i can like this game to come more than I did. Also.. I like to think the Champion of the good idea was somewhat influenced by my posts, though I'm sure others thought about it before me. One question, how important will your alignment be in regards to championing neutral gods? I mean, i'm more inclined to play good but lore wise, I'd love to be a champion of Galvanos. Will I be able to do so with a really high karma?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@darian I think you need to stay neutral and offer something time by time to get that specific god favor :/. I was hoping to follow Galvanos too but prolly swapping to Tyros.

• DymStudios - CEO

@finland said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

So do you consider sabotaging guilds (as spies) an exploit? If yes I supposed that will be able to report. I really hate those who join just to check the movements of a guild only to inform their main guild and organize gankins and so on.

No, it's not an exploit. I agree it's a despicable behavior, but there is no bug being abused there.

@deity said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

is there going to be a big difference of karma gain or loss between executing, knocking unconscious or just attacking or looting since that would point to support type players falling behind just because of their choice of skillset.

There is a big difference, the Karma change for just attacking is minimal. Anyway, if you want to raise your Karma, temple offerings, divine quests and PvE is the way to go. "Hunting" Evil players is secondary.

@deity said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

it would definitely be better if we weren't allowed to change our alignments but the things we did changed our alignments and we had to live the consequences of it. "alignment" is not a thing that you can control by just saying you belong to one.

Yes, that would be more "realistic". However, we have to sacrifice realism on the altar of gameplay here :slight_smile:

That said, I would have preferred you giving a rough figure on what 'large area' means in context of PvE only. I'm sorry, but I don't see what you said here in any shape or form:

Between 30% and 50% of the planet I'd say, but it's hard to tell right now. Also consider this information is not vital - how much content there is in Good-only areas is more important than size.

People can flat out state that they are going to bot in the game on this forum, or even state that they have hacked and stolen items from people on other games (a real life crime) with no consequences to them. And there's going to be 'large areas' of a botters dream. That's kind of... the opposite of 'not being gentle'?

By "not being gentle" I meant we'll run both scripted and manual controls, systematically. We'll get as sophisticated as we can. As for big talks, it's just big talks, can't pass judgment on "intentions".

'you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area'. Which would imply that you can enter these areas and can initiate a fight in them as evil character (which I'd appreciate)? But what is 'quickly' in this context?

Quickly means you have enough time to run out after noticing - a few seconds instead of immediate death. You can't enter and initiate a fight, sorry!

And you haven't explained the 'in game mechanical benefit' to being a Demon. Actually, it seems to be far more enticing to choose a Beastman for a competitive PvP player, since the Beastman has a better grasp on resources, can decide when and where to initiate combat and have an easier time to retreat.

It has a better grasp of Arboreus-specific resources, which are different from the ones of Syndesia and Tartaros :slight_smile: Since there's no hostile PvP on Arboreus, I don't get what you mean by "easy retreat" - if you're doing PvP on Syndesia with a Beastman you have no advantage compared to Demons and Humans. If you're doing it on Tartaros, you're heavily penalized compared to Demons and quite penalized compared to Humans. Last but not least, you're cut off town conquest. I'd definitely say Beastman is the worst race if you want to PvP, as it's meant to be :slight_smile:

@dybuk said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

In the spotlight it is mentioned, that Good alingment players won't be able to loot other Good or Neutral players.
    Are there any exceptions from this rule? For example looting a friends corpse and holding to his items till he respawns?

You can allow your Party / Guild members to loot you :slight_smile:

@darian said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

One question, how important will your alignment be in regards to championing neutral gods? I mean, i'm more inclined to play good but lore wise, I'd love to be a champion of Galvanos. Will I be able to do so with a really high karma?

Yes, you will. Neutral Gods don't care about your Karma πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

No, it's not an exploit. I agree it's a despicable behavior, but there is no bug being abused there.

Neither considered griefing? Do you mean that players will be allowed to act like that without penalities? That's going to be hard work for guilds πŸ˜•

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Thank you! keep up the good work πŸ™‚

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@finland Eve online called

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Finally πŸ™‚

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland

eve online has it and yes you have to be careful who you tell what to and whom you give power to.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus

A Temple Offering is a monetary donation that can be performed once a day in the home of one of the Gods of Fractured.

are we talking about real money/Dynamight Gold here or in-game currency?

Even worse, you are only allowed to stay on Arboreus for half an hour at once, and you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area.

First of all I find the 30 minutes restriction too much. More importantly though, here are some questions; OK after 30 minutes I am kicked out, how long till I am able to return? Do I have a debuff not allowing me to return, or I may start preparations returning immediately. When first going to Arboreus, where do I land? When I am kicked out and then return (whether this is after 1 hour or 24 hours) where do I return to? Will I return to the area I was kicked out from?

If you’re Evil and looking to travel to Arboreus to go on a killing spree, you won’t succeed

Are you sure about that?

I can already see ways for my demon horde to bring death and destruction at Arboreus. Sure it will require some real planning and team work, but that challenge is very much welcome 😁

For example;

1. I have some members of my guild to achieve neutral alignment (neutral demons have been confirmed). Then I send those ahead of the rest of us. They go and put themselves into key positions of the planet and then....

2. Evil aligned demons enter Arboreus and start killing and destroying. Sure after 30 minutes those will be kicked out but then.....

3. the second wave of evil demons will enter and then the third and the fourth and the fifth, all the while group 1 of the neutral demons will turn "aggresive", then group 2, then group 3.

4. Let's assume that I was in the first wave. Depending how easy and "fast" it is to go to Arboreus and whether I will have a debuff or not, I may return.

5. Depending the size of my guild or even the alliance of guilds that I am at, demons may have Arboreus at constant siege.

Yes, it requires planning and co-ordination, yes, I won't be there but for a measly 30 minutes, but my presence will be felt for days.

To put it simply; I am willing to bet that the aforementioned strong deterrents will create large and strong demon alliances with sole purpose of bypassing these deterrents. We PvPers will enjoy to play the cat and mouse game with the devs, finding legal ways to make our presence felt.

And now enter evil humans. I will contact large evil human alliances/guild and we will schedule attacks at Arboreus. 01:00 - 04:00 AM I will be sending 8 waves of demons. 04:00 - 08:00 AM the humans will be invading. And thus it is clear that Arboreus is far from safe.

Even if we will have a debuff for 30 days that will not allow us to travel to Arboreus, all "evil" players will band together once per month in order to bring chaos to Arboreus for hours, maybe even days, depending how many "evil" demons and humans are in this "unholy alliance". And be absolutely certain, this "unholy alliance" has just been made, regardless if I play the game or not.

If indeed your goal is to make Arboreus safe, you have only one way to go. Don't allow travel to it for evil and even neutral aligned characters. That of course should be accompanied with Arboreus not having unique resources, in order not to imbalance the economy.

All things considered though (that you want each planet to have unique resources, that you want Arboreus rather safe etc) I'd suggest lowering the deterrents towards the individual player. The more you are trying to stop the individual player to go, explore, Krash Kill N' Destroy, the more these individuals will want to do so and they will try to circumvent your deterrent systems by banding together.

You know what will stop demons from entering Arboreus and wreaking havoc? In-fighting. As long as you won't give the players who want to play in a FFA environment a reason to band together, they won't, and as such they won't be able to do much harm, cause most of the action will be at Tartaros. If you incentivise us to band together, then you will have the opposite effect.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Loved this read! So much info. Though I'm interested in knowing if an Angel would be able to live on Tartaros?

@finland yeah seems like i missed it πŸ˜„

@phaethonas oki here is an example of the worst kind of gamer. you have a whole planet devoted to PVP. why do you feel you have to take PVP to a PVE planet and ruin the gamers playing experience there?

also you seem to ignore the debuffs demons get on Arboreus as well as the buffs the beastmen would enjoy on their home planet. the battle might not be so one sided as you would expect

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gibbx said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@phaethonas oki here is an example of the worst kind of gamer. you have a whole planet devoted to PVP. why do you feel you have to take PVP to a PVE planet and ruin the gamers playing experience there?

also you seem to ignore the debuffs demons get on Arboreus as well as the buffs the beastmen would enjoy on their home planet. the battle might not be so one sided as you would expect

Because Phaethonas wants to kill Fractured. That's the sole reason he's here.

@phaethonas

Let me know when you me.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@garlic said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

Loved this read! So much info. Though I'm interested in knowing if an Angel would be able to live on Tartaros?

Nope will suffer like a beastman, but abominions can πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Gibbx, @Vengu yeah I think the same but there are 2 kind of pvp players:

• those who like fight
    • those who like ruin other players time

Anyway devs will keep that in mind. We are going to test the game so we can give our feedback if there will be possible to go for killing spree. Both solo or as group/zerg.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas you are missing two things:

• evil alignments will be debuffed
    • every mob/npc will attack evil alignments

So you have to care about mobs not only players who will defend the land (like me).

@Prometheus I hope that mobs/npc will scale up to avoid grouping/zerging them down. So every player partecipating to attack/kill it (this means attacks, assists, heals) will scale that mob npc (gaining more hp and damage).

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured