Major Milestones Approaching! (Or: Why We've Been So Silent)

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone!

I know, it's been a couple weeks since our last post. While @Specter and I have always kept an eye on the forums, I guess you've been rightfully longing for some development updates.

As you know, I personally take care to reply to questions on the forums and to write feature spotlights, sprint recaps, and all the other types of news posts published here and on the fractured website. I love to be so close to you, but such an involvement has a serious drawback - if I'm really busy, updates go missing. And that's what just happened 😞

Before revealing the big news scheduled for the weeks to come, we've decided to open this post to apologize for our silence and to drop some hints. Hope you'll excuse us, and enjoy what's below!

First of all, I'm incredibly happy to announce that, after long negotiations, we're about to hit a major milestone in securing funding for Fractured. By "about to", I mean we're actually only a few days away!

While I can't say more on this at the moment, we'll officially disclose everything to you and to the press really soon - on the 13th of March, if all goes as planned.

As CEO of Dynamight Studios, this whole deal has obviously eaten most of my time these last couple weeks. So there we go - that's the main reason for my absence! :slight_smile:

While I was busy with the above, I've still managed to get a little progress done on writing the next feature spotlight, dedicated to what is likely to be the most debated topic in the history of the Fractured community - and that of the MMO genre in general.

The topic, of course, is Player Versus Player.

Since the very first post on this blog, we’ve stated how Fractured wants to cater to the needs of peaceful/cooperative and aggressive/competitive players alike, allowing them to coexist in a single, massive game server. We’ve seen you defining Arboreus as a “PvE planet”, Syndesia as a world with “Lawful PvP”, while Tartaros features “Lawless PvP”. This definition, although correct at large, is far from complete, and let to a plethora of questions such as:

• Can I be “ganked” while playing as a Beastman on Arboreus?
    • If I’m a Demon, how easily can I go for a killing spree on other planets?
    • What constitutes a crime on Syndesia, and how is that punished?

Well, the next update, scheduled for next week, will finally give you all the answers! :slight_smile:

Last but not least, out team has been working hard to complete the promised first real video of Fractured - which is sadly a couple weeks behind schedule. Lots of work on the environment and NPC AIs is going on right now, and that's taking a while more than expected!

We're going to show plenty of exploration and exciting group PvE action in the footage to come. Moreover, you'll have a chance to look at the functioning of SpatialOS, the engine powering Fractured, and the office of Dynamight Studios 😉

Enjoy Fractured!

Best,
    Jacopo

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

That's definitely good news.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Pretty much my top three questions. Looking forward to it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Thank you so much! I can't wait for the next spotlight 😎

gratz on some funding \o/. Will Kickstarter still happen or has that been removed as an option?

@prometheus said in Major Milestones Approaching! (Or: Why We've Been So Silent):

We’ve seen you defining Arboreus as a “PvE planet”, Syndesia as a world with “Lawful PvP”, while Tartaros features “Lawless PvP”. This definition, although correct at large, is far from complete, and let to a plethora of questions such as:

If i'm not mistaken, it was you or another DS personnel that said that and we went with it.

The demon society arisen over the years on Tartaros is a brutal and lawless one, in which criminal actions and murders are committed aplenty on a daily basis.
    Banditry is a plague against which the forces of law and order have to fight every day, and it’s a well-known fact there are entire guilds fully dedicated to unlawful activities on Syndesia – one just needs to know where to find them.
    from Feature Spotlight #1

We also have comment1 and comment 2 which do mention those states exist.

• Wiki Editor

@Prometheus Don't worry about being busy, because it can happen to everyone of us.
    I think everyone is glad to hear about the progress of the game, but wealso can understand, if it takes its time.
    I'm appreciate your open words, i think it is the communication we want.
    Most important, let your dreams comes true while developing this game. It's your baby, create it, as you want that it works.
    I believe in you guys! 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

My mind is bubbling heheheheh

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@prometheus Reading this, I spent most of it going "same". For our game we're currently working on a pitch for a major platform, most of our time is going into a proper trailer. We're very busy. xD

Very exciting!

Thanks for making the time to post! Sounds great. Haha I think I want you to be too busy to post too much. Keep on keeping on mate.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus said in Major Milestones Approaching! (Or: Why We've Been So Silent):

While I can't say more on this at the moment, we'll officially disclose everything to you and to the press really soon - on the 13th of March, if all goes as planned.
    absence! :slight_smile:

13 is a lucky number in Italia

Awesome! I hope all goes well good sir @Prometheus . You have been kicking butt on these forums with questions and hints, I am sure everyone understands that you have a game to make and from time to time we will just have to wait. Looking forward to hearing AND seeing more soon! Cheers!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Cant wait!!

:thumbsup_tone2: Good stuff!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Apologizes accepted 😄 I'm waiting patiently !

this will be such a big spotlight * _ *

• TF#10 - CONSUL

really happy about the anouncement and very hyped for the next update.
    kind of sad that the real video is further than i expected but can't be mad after seeing all this.
    one of the most interesting things to me is being exiled, if it has enough connection to the pvp please please include that in the next one.

Can't wait for the spotlight!!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Mal posso esperar!

(...)First of all, I'm incredibly happy to announce that, after long negotiations, we're about to hit a major milestone in securing funding for Fractured. By "about to", I mean we're actually only a few days away!(...)

Good luck!

(...)Well, the next update, scheduled for next week, will finally give you all the answers! :slight_smile: (...)

That would be neat! I hope you're going into detail and include the incentives to chose a Demon, the possible side effects of 'save areas' for Beastman (read easy botting and that influence on the PvP community) and a rough description of difficulty (opening Stargate versus Debuffs), just to name a few.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Nice update

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured