Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@LonelyCookie said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

28hours left! So close. I can almost taste it 🤤

hey @LonelyCookie ... didn't they tell you NOT to lick your monitor?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Dordolio How else am I supposed to clean my monitor and taste the game at the same time? Its called being efficient 😛

@Xzait said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

@Jetah said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

The current conversion cost is 1,000 Knowledge Points : 1 Talent Point.

Each character can unlock up to 60 Talent Points, which can be assigned on a tree consisting of 90 different nodes, which each node providing a different bonus and accepting a different amount of points

wont this give the VIP a huge advantage with them being able to "increase knowledge gain"? i'm trying not to say p2w but the convenience is outweighing catch up time.

could some of the Talent nodes be talked about? I dont want to assume they'll give power but in past RPGs that's exactly what they did.

Maybe for a little bit, but it is still a very solid ceiling. Once you hit 60, you can't get any more. Sure, they will reach the cap faster, but every player will reach it eventually regardless, even if they aren't trying to. There isn't a pay wall in place like in most games.

and that'll happen every time they create a new character. it'll happen every time DS introduces new talents.

in the worst p2w structure you always add new items so that those that don't pay can't ever catch up.

giving people this advantage isn't horizontal at all. it's quite vertical for those that pay.

Each character can unlock up to 60 Talent Points, which can be assigned on a tree consisting of 90 different nodes, which each node providing a different bonus and accepting a different amount of points

wont this give the VIP a huge advantage with them being able to "increase knowledge gain"? i'm trying not to say p2w but the convenience is outweighing catch up time.

could some of the Talent nodes be talked about? I dont want to assume they'll give power but in past RPGs that's exactly what they did.

Maybe for a little bit, but it is still a very solid ceiling. Once you hit 60, you can't get any more. Sure, they will reach the cap faster, but every player will reach it eventually regardless, even if they aren't trying to. There isn't a pay wall in place like in most games.

and that'll happen every time they create a new character. it'll happen every time DS introduces new talents.

in the worst p2w structure you always add new items so that those that don't pay can't ever catch up.

giving people this advantage isn't horizontal at all. it's quite vertical for those that pay.

How can you even be worried about this? At best, something new would be added even few months, and it would take only a day or two to achieve. The devs have also mentioned plenty of times that bonuses from anything will be extremely minimal. Also, not even very long ago in this very thread, one of the devs themselves stated that VIP probably wont give the knowledge gain bonus...

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So excited for this guys, it's happening soon!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Arrrg! 1 hour delay 🙂 Happy to wait

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

im still working... so no complaints from me 🙂

• I guess its 3 hours delay, this is so good bcs. I gtg 😄 cya in 2 hours

Ahh well. At least I'll get some work done before it starts.

• Community Manager

The launch of the upcoming alpha test has been delayed due to unforeseen technical issues. I have no ETA for the launch at this time. Prometheus is working on an update.

Darned... Technology!

Good luck to Prometheus! Hope you all are able to figure it out soon!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Well.

Its good that these happen now.
    Not later.

So they get squashed and documented ^^.

How can you even be worried about this? At best, something new would be added even few months, and it would take only a day or two to achieve. The devs have also mentioned plenty of times that bonuses from anything will be extremely minimal. Also, not even very long ago in this very thread, one of the devs themselves stated that VIP probably wont give the knowledge gain bonus...

because people will call the game p2w because there isn't enough time to catch up. there are plenty of asian games which do this already, most of them f2p but a f2p person will never catch up to those that pay. that is p2w in my book (although it might not have been in the past). example: there's enough knowledge that it takes a free player 1 year to obtain by playing 3 hours each day. it takes 4 months with VIP playing 4 hours a day. in 6 months another year is needed to obtain all knowledge via f2p. that would mean it would take 2 years of 3 hours to catch up to what a VIP would need 8 months. if that trends continues then a free player would never catch up after the game is out for 5 years. that means you have to pay to catch up. i've completly made up times but these systems already exist in other games.

@Jetah They said that if there was a bonus to knowledge gain, it would only be a minor bonus. 2x knowledge gain is NOT a minor bonus... you must be deluded to think the devs would do that. If any bonus was present, it would likely only be 10 or 20%. Implementing content over time also wouldn't likely be consistent. The longer the game is out, the less content that will likely be implemented, due to the already existing contents encumberance on players' every day activities. It is hoped that the game will be a constantly moving network of players doing different things to help their own clans and in some cases, put others at a hinderance. This can be things like resource warfare, communism, sieges, events (like meteors), world domination, active diplomacy, trade and the list goes on.

@Xzait

problem is you're not thinking of the whole picture.

the demons will love fluid moving.
    humans will love politics.
    furries will love pve content.

if DS isn't adding new pve content then those groups will just leave once they get their gear. the game has to evolve otherwise it'll die. new knowledge, new technology, new races, new spells, new archtypes, etc has to be added.

sandboxes get boring once you've played with all of the toys. Fractured will get to the same point. and they have to defend against people leaving for other games.

Yes game has to evolve, but this doesn't neccesarily mean it has to be verticaly.

Adding new content does not have to mean that people that get into it faster will become more powerful than people than move in it slower. 🙂

Once people have obtained most of spells in original content they will be versatille enough to deal with anything on the equal level of power, including players that get new content features faster.

At least we hope so. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured