This game will be p2w?

• Hello all i just wonder this game will be p2w or not? what u think

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

The developers are saying the cash shop will only feature cosmetics and quality of life stuff and no p2w elements.
    The game will be more pay to progress faster.

• Community Manager

@suicideseed Fractured won't be P2W. The cash shop will only sell cosmetics and the VIP sub only gives minor benefits. 😉

I wonder if there will be any speical mount skins? 🤔 Not just a random horse skins? More like... a dragon?
    I really wanna ride a dragon, can I do that? 😀 Well, probably the wrong game for that xd

Also, I don´t think it will be pay to win, but to know for sure we will have to wait until the shop will be released 😁

@evolgrinz said in This game will be p2w?:

The game will be more pay to progress faster.

To much of that can also count as P2W, since you gain advantages from being faster then everbody else

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hope not. Doesn't seem like it will be, but you can always wait. It is b2p though.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Now, increased knowledge points gain looks like pay2win in my eyes, regardless of progression type. But depends on increase % as well.

1. VIP MEMBERSHIP? WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?
      VIP membership is a monthly subscription planned to be priced around $10/month. It provides the following perks:

Discounts on Store items
    Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time
    Other vanity rewards we might think of in the future
    Additional study slots
    Increased Knowledge Point gains

@mae said in This game will be p2w?:

Additional study slots

I actually wonder more about that, what exactly does that mean? We can take more skills with us or what?

Increase Knowledge Points gains, is I guess for the Talent Tree (because for the lv up system of skills there is no point system?)? so we don´t really know much about that as well

• Community Manager

@eurav Skills need to be studied before you can slot them. Increased study slots means you can research more skills at the same time.

Knowledge points are used to purchase talents and to study skills. VIP only boosts the KP from repeatable sources, but at the start of the game most of your KP will come from one-time sources.

@specter said in This game will be p2w?:

Skills need to be studied before you can slot them. Increased study slots means you can research more skills at the same time.

What do you mean by "skills one can research at the same time"? Skills you need to discover and can then lv up with tasks. So I can only discover or lv up a specific amount of skills, and have to get them to lv 3 before I can discover a new one?!?

Knowledge points are used to purchase talents and to study skills. VIP only boosts the KP from repeatable sources, but at the start of the game most of your KP will come from one-time sources.

Would not this make a grind neccessary to get all skills? 🤔

• @eurav said in This game will be p2w?:

What do you mean by "skills one can research at the same time"? Skills you need to discover and can then lv up with tasks. So I can only discover or lv up a speicic amount of skills, and have to get them to lv 3 before I can learn a new one?!?

The knowledge spotlight goes more into this, but there are different phases to learning a skill. The first phase is discovery. The second phase is completing tasks. The third phase is studying the skill, which is where study slots come into play. When you've completed enough tasks for a new level of a skill, you use a tome of knowledge to equip it into a study slot and a timer will start. When the timer finishes, the skill is now learned.

• Community Manager

@eurav I suggest you read this. 😉

Damn, I guess I was to tired when I read this, sry and thanks 😁

@target said in This game will be p2w?:

The first phase is discovery. The second phase is completing tasks. The third phase is studying the skill, which is where study slots come into play. When you've completed enough tasks for a new level of a skill, you use a tome of knowledge to equip it into a study slot and a timer will start. When the timer finishes, the skill is now learned.

Actually, I think it is: Unknown -> tome + time in sudy slot -> Discovered -> can complete tasks to learn and lv up the skill.

Well to stay on the topic, addional study slots seems like a nice to have that one might not even be able to fully use (won´t always have enough skills to discover to fill up the slots).

VIP only boosts the KP from repeatable sources

Increase Knowledge Points gains does not seem like a big advantage either, if it is repeatable sources, then it will just reduce the end - game "grind" a bit I guess 🤔

• Community Manager

@eurav That's the idea yes. You don't need VIP if you only care about unlocking the skills for your build. However, if you're a completionist who wants to unlock every skill there is, VIP becomes very useful.

If we are talking about p2w, I guess the Immortal package with Lifetime Premium and Free Carpenter is the closest to Pay2Win 😛

• @eurav said in This game will be p2w?:

Actually, I think it is: Unknown -> tome + time in sudy slot -> Discovered -> can complete tasks to learn and lv up the skill.

The spotlight says otherwise. Being able to discover skills through tomes would defeat the exploration aspect of finding skills.

@target said in This game will be p2w?:

The spotlight says otherwise. Being able to discover skills through tomes would defeat the exploration aspect of finding skills

Ah true, my bad.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Oh! It also depends on whether there will be pre-beta and at least pre-Live data wipes. If there is no wipe, all the people who bought these packs will have a big heads up with skills and gear on new players. General game knowledge advantage should be enough.

Oh! It also depends on whether there will be pre-beta and at least pre-Live data wipes. If there is no wipe, all the people who bought these packs will have a big heads up with skills and gear on new players. General game knowledge advantage should be enough.

There will be wipes after each testing phase.

Now, increased knowledge points gain looks like pay2win in my eyes, regardless of progression type.

I see horizontal progression as meaning, "I'm a powerful ice mage, but need points to learn how to be a powerful fire mage too, when I want to respec to that skillset".

How is that pay2win? -Maybe- it's pay to be able to try out new stuff, but that new stuff isn't inherently more powerful; it's just different.

So far, it sounds like someone can create a new toon, get some basic gear, and drop into the thick of PvP and be on a mostly even playing field.

@suicideseed

saying "This game will be" is implying a statement. you don't just add a question mark to turn it into a question.

"Will this game be.." is much better when asking a question.

I would suggest hitting that search bar.

officially, the developers will not sell power. however, items can be crafted then sold. now the game offers full loot so whatever you spend RL money on can be taken from you.

@Mae
    why would the developers ever allow pre-release gains to be brought over to the live game?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured