Just a(some) quick question(s).

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

So, I've had this question and I've delved a bit, but, I haven't found anything, so, down to business.

When someone creates a building (for crafting, be that an anvil, smeltery, a loom, a tanning rack, etc..)
    Would the stations be open to anyone, would it be a guild only or permissions only or would only the owner be able to use it?

Another question would be, what would you think about a signboard/post board (kinda like the Witcher 3) where you could post some notices for other players to read, like, advertising your business/guild or asking for help.
    Could it work or would it be abused?

So yeah those are my questions.

• Community Manager

@thegreatelleon The owner of the crafting building can choose to give other players access. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@specter Awesome, thanks for the answer!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@thegreatelleon said in Just a(some) quick question(s).:

Another question would be, what would you think about a signboard/post board (kinda like the Witcher 3) where you could post some notices for other players to read, like, advertising your business/guild or asking for help.

Abused? As in, would somebody post spam on it?

This happens already in other MMOs with public/global/region/map/... chat and whispers, so the answer is "yes".

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@dragomok said in Just a(some) quick question(s).:

@thegreatelleon said in Just a(some) quick question(s).:

Abused? As in, would somebody post spam on it?

This happens already in other MMOs with public/global/region/map/... chat and whispers, so the answer is "yes".

As long as only house owner can post there, I think it would be ok.

I doubt gold spam bots will have housing. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    (Or at least I hope that housing won't be that easy to obtain. I hope it requires some decent effort.)

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@gothix said in Just a(some) quick question(s).:

I doubt gold spam bots will have housing.
    (Or at least I hope that housing won't be that easy to obtain. I hope it requires some decent effort.)

Then again, grinding $THATSALOTTAMONEY worth of gold, and then regrinding it when one of your toons get banned, also requires a lot of effort.

I guess we'll see in the future whether Fractured will be big enough to attract gold sellers or not.

@dragomok
    Of course it will.

Full loot. Means people can directly buy any gear or harvestable materials.

Thereโ€™s a world that protects them from PvP.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@gothix That's a good point, I never thought of that.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@gothix There is another problem - boards that offer hate speech and/or adult/sexual/illegal offers. just because you can't gold farm too well, maybe, possibly, we'll see, doesn't mean people won't drag other things into the game world in various uncomfortable ways - and the devs will need to figure what, if anything, they want to do about it. (I'm not saying they should, or they should not, I'm just saying that it's a thing they will need to make policy about, and decide, if they want to police it, how they are going to go about it)

@therippyone
    in some places the content holders (the companies of said webspaces) are responsible for the content posted by visitors. I'm not a lawyer but I'd assume it could be passed onto video games too.

best action is to not have that option.

@jetah But the only way to do that, 100% guaranteed, is not to let any players post anything permanent at all, which is...not really an option, if you want to do quest boards. And it get's worse when you consider a standard quest is "Go kill a wolf and bring me their heart. You'll find them southwest of here, after 10 minutes of walking. You'll receive 1,000 gold pieces, pm me when you are done" all good, right? Well, then, some one posts "Go kill [TheRippyOne, to spit ball an example] and bring me their heart. You'll find them at [my actual address, irl]. You'll receive money, contact me when it is done."

Besides the fact that I just got dox'd as part of a death threat, yay, algorithmicly speaking, it is very hard for a computer to say the first one is good, and the second one is not. They are formatted in the same way and use similar language - so even if you did a form sheet, this one still gets through. A human would, quite properly, say "holy crap this is bad" - but that's because we've learned that that's bad through experience, and most companies can't afford to buy a cloned Watson ai to learn and figure out which is which.

@TheRippyOne If someone would already have your address IRL and wanted to "get rid of" you, you would have much bigger problem than message board in MMO. XD

Dark web would be much easier (and more difficult to trace back) place to arrange such "job".

@therippyone
    Why are the players creating quest?

@jetah because I need 50 minna bird feathers, My skills are 90% ground-based attacks, so I have trouble killing the flighty jerks, and, besides, I need to go mine for the other ingredients for this Quetzal armor, and I don't want to waste time shouting "I need someone to kill a lot of Boids! anyone want to do this?!" for 5 hours and being entirely ignored. So I'm willing to pay some rando to go do this thing for me, okay?!

XD

Or maybe the town needs 500 Wolf pelts to upgrade a curtain wall, and no one wants to hunt all 500, so you set up a quest, put in the total reward in escrow, and anyone who wants to off-load a pelt can through the interface and get the reward without having to drag the mayor/merchant/town rep out to pay for it, assuming they are even online atm.

Or you're a merchant character, and you need some bodyguards because the eclipse is coming, and you've got a warehouse on Syn, and losing all your goods to a demon raid cause you were in the wrong place at the wrong time sucks.

Or your guild is going to siege a town, and you need to keep the allied town busy, so you quest up a merc raid to hold the second town at bay while you go murder hobo the first.

And, most pressingly, there aren't many NPCs (at least, not until a town attracts them), so being able to hand each other quests fills a need and acts as a general lubricant for the economic engine.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@therippyone wow, that's almost Toyota Production System in MMORPG ๐Ÿ˜‚

There are other mechanics in games that works like that. For example an auction house where you can both place items for sale or orders to be filled. If you need the item you can either pay the lowest price available or register the price you can afford. If you have the item you can either sell it for the highest order for instant money or put the price you think is worthy. Maybe the auction house itself could be owned/managed by players, but discussing this here would be too much off-topic ๐Ÿ˜…

If signboards were local, like in Witcher 3, maybe they could be fun. Probably you would read just random stuff there.

@therippyone

so you want Contracts?.

@jetah Not sure about "want," but it seems like a logical way for a need to be filled.

@therippyone
    either DS creates the systems in game or someone creates a website that does the same thing. either way people who want to buy goods will find a way to get them without resorting to spamming trade chat all day.

I'd prefer the systems be in game myself.

@jetah said in Just a(some) quick question(s).:

@therippyone
    either DS creates the systems in game or someone creates a website that does the same thing. either way people who want to buy goods will find a way to get them without resorting to spamming trade chat all day.

I'd prefer the systems be in game myself.

Contracts are a way to enforce a "contract giver" to make payment after a job is done. Everything else (community organized) people depend on trust. This basically means people would mostly just do such business inside own guild, and with few people on friend list. Rest would be rare exceptions.

Existence of contracts would create a healthy job industry that stretches across planets.

@gothix

I'd like Fractured to not hold hands in the protection of goods idea. if you want stuff moved whatever then you should have to trust an individual. that means you ask for an escrow amount while the goods are in route then you refund that escrow and add in the price of the service.

those that scam will become known and won't get jobs.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured