Native Inventory UI?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Will Fracture have a means for us to view our remote warehouses (bank)? Do I need a spreadsheet to play the inventory game?
    Will there be some Profession Knowledge which might include a means to remote sell/auction items, similar to Eve?

Eve Online has an Assets UI that allows you to see every item in every station and allows you to search that inventory.

• Wiki Editor

Hmm, sure it makes the gamer life more easy, but i have my problems to integrate this into the lore.
    Magic could help to do so, like magic balls to see, but not to take, trained Crows/Gargoyles to bring us some smaller goods from it, with a time frame they would need to fly there, grab them and bring them to you.
    Maybe magically controlling of a servant, to bring things through a portal.
    But this „i can do all my business wherever i am“ sense, that we just get, because we demand it, i would not like. The real expedition feeling while exploring the world would get negated.

@kralith said in Native Inventory UI?:

Hmm, sure it makes the gamer life more easy, but i have my problems to integrate this into the lore.
    Magic could help to do so, like magic balls to see, but not to take, trained Crows/Gargoyles to bring us some smaller goods from it, with a time frame they would need to fly there, grab them and bring them to you.
    Maybe magically controlling of a servant, to bring things through a portal.
    But this „i can do all my business wherever i am“ sense, that we just get, because we demand it, i would not like. The real expedition feeling while exploring the world would get negated.

You never used a pigeon to retrieve a message. You only used it to send one.

If there are skills that allow the player to do transactions over a long distance then it could happen. Does a General of an army go to the front lines to fight or do they direct underlings to do things? Is the CEO of Walmart on the cash register checking people out? No, they're behind a desk overseeing the whole operation.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in Native Inventory UI?:

Hey, i was talking about an intelligent trained Crow or even a Corvus. 😉

@kralith said in Native Inventory UI?:

@jetah said in Native Inventory UI?:

Hey, i was talking about an intelligent trained Crow or even a Corvus. 😉

Problem with this would be:

• you send a pigeon with a message for bank keeper, message says what you need from bank
    • pigeon flies to bank and bank keeper reads it
    • where does bank keeper send pigeon with an item back to? Even if an item is small enough and pigeon could carry it, you are not stationary and you are moving through the world, or you might get killed and forcibly removed from the spot even if you were determined to wait for hours on same spot. What happens to that item if you are not there? (I doubt many players would stay stationary for hours to retrieve their item.

Remote item transfer to your location would never work. The most that you could logically explain is to send a request for a bank keeper in one bank, sends your item to another bank in another city. But still the problem remains how this item could get transported. Pigeons cant really carry anything heavier than few grams... and if an item is sent by ground transport then mechanics would have to get implemented so that other players could attack and rob this transport, since this is not the game where you get to transport your stuff safely (except perhaps in Arboreus safe zone).

Personally, I always prefer local (realistic) inventory, as it adds 'complex situation' (such as having to carry stuff from A to B and getting robbed), but since the game carters more to the casual player, I think you're going to have plenty a 'vanity' feature like that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Well, I agree that long distance instant transport of goods would ruin this game a little.
    @Jetah a solution for keeping tabs what is stored where could be a bank deposit receipt. Scroll that you carry with you (and cannot be looted from you) that is a certificate what has been stored at given place and is the document that allows you to withdraw it.

There will be a possibility to remote sell items - you give them to NPC in town and he sells them for you. But there won't be a single, common to all auction house available.

@Jetah said in Native Inventory UI?:

Does a General of an army go to the front lines to fight or do they direct underlings to do things? Is the CEO of Walmart on the cash register checking people out? No, they're behind a desk overseeing the whole operation.

Think about how it happened in medieval times. Generals were going to the front to command their troops. Maybe they didn't stand in the first row of infantry, but they were at the place of battle.
    Also merchants did not have phones, e-mails, etc. All the trade was made by travelling. Even if it was a larger trade company, it's employees where traveling with the goods and notes were passed by messengers. That took days if not weeks or months.

I guess magic would solve problem of instant messaging in Fractured world, but it should not solve the instant buy/sell. That would change the concept of the game.

You could treat your guild as a merchant company, then guild members would be the travelling agents that could buy and sell items based on your decisions.
    Maybe NPC would be able to transfer your goods in caravans, but that should be quite expensive, as a replacement of you doing it yourself.
    That could be also a good idea for business for players, but they would have to be very trustworthy.

• Wiki Editor

@gothix Exactly what i thinking about. I just imagined how the requested Idea by @Jetah could work. But i also think it would negating the whole sense of Fractured gamedesign.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I think that being able to see where all your items are stored is convenient and humane game design.

It is being able to instantly transport items would be game-breaking.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Normaly your bag is not so big and you don't have an endless bag.
    They're not "post" things and you need to go to your house to put/take some stuff from your "bank"...
    Answers was on forum and Q/A stream... but i don't have time to look for the source...

Why would an item be flown to me? I mean it could be of you paid for expedient shipping.

You’re just telling the merchant what to sell and what to buy. You aren’t sending items there unless a merchant or caravan brings it. Now the merchant or caravan could bring items from a remote location to you but theft happens.

I’m trying to prevent a means of having a second account with characters at remote locations where the user just logs in alts to trade. I’d much prefer to do that on my main.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured