This game is a potential PVE gold mine

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Thanks for replying again, Mewmew. Sounds like you really get it and are a kindred soul here. I want exactly what you are describing - a mostly PVE experience where I can do my PVE goals without being hassled. And as far as PVP goes, I actually think that helping towns defend against demon invasions on Syndesia sounds like fun. I just want the ability to decide when and where I do PVP.

We can't be the only 2 who want this. I have friends who talk about the original SWG to this day. They all loved it and miss the PVE sandbox and town management from that game. I'm sure that there are lots of other people out there who want mostly/only PVE who are also as sick of theme parks as we are. Hopefully, Dynamight finds the best way to connect with those people.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@needlehawk said in This game is a potential PVE gold mine:

I just want the ability to decide when and where I do PVP.

Me too! 🙂

@Needlehawk and this you will have. 🙂

Problem is that little part of entitled PvE players that always ask for more and more (one example is thread that asks for guards around the land to be OP so they crush players that engage in PvP). They get a whole PvE planet, and then they start asking to nerf PvP on Syndesia with playing in OP guards all around the place. If they get that, they will start asking for extra protections and turning PvP flag off on Syndesia, and if they get that they will start asking to nerf PvP on Tartaros because, hey they are PvE players and they are entitled to explore Tartaros without being disturbed.

It's players that don't care about others but only themself, and they will always ask for more and more, regardless of how much they already get. These are the players that I really dislike. They go from MMO to MMO, and constantly nag on forums until devs fall under their pressure and MMO after MMO gets ruined for PvP players. I'm not imagining this, this is a reality.

I hope devs here will not do the same mistake, and fall under pressure of that little part of vocal PvE players that ask for PvP nerf everywhere.

Current game design is amazing. Every type of player can have what he needs, PvE players have whole planet that is completely safe in most of its area, and majorly safe in rest of area. PvP players have a whole planet thats majorly FFA. And tactical / strategy players have a whole planet where they can affect current PvP rules, that they can change over time depending which guild is controlling which town and surrounding area.

Please people stop asking to change this. This is a great game design!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@needlehawk Amen! I'm glad to see that there's folks out there that have the same overall view I do. One of the big reasons I avoid most MMOs out there is that I want to be able to play without constantly worrying about some other player deciding my shoulderblades would make a good sheath for their sword.

@gothix I don't understand this post at all. PVPers on this forum, and generally are much more vocal that PVEers. I have often thought is after reading some of your posts, but maybe this isn't going to be the game for you. hope I am incorrect.

@gibbx said in This game is a potential PVE gold mine:

@gothix I don't understand this post at all. PVPers on this forum, and generally are much more vocal that PVEers. I have often thought is after reading some of your posts, but maybe this isn't going to be the game for you. hope I am incorrect.

Why don't you start by trying to point out to anything I've written about the game and planned planet mechanics that's incorrect?

__

The fact about existence of players that always ask for more and more from devs, so the game is changed as much as possible to their preference, I've written quite correctly.

I, myself, wrote that I am happy with current game design, and current plans as they have been presented by the devs. I am not the one asking for changes to the planned planet game play.

Arboreus = focused on PvE
    Tartaros = focused on FFA PvP
    Syndesia = focused on GvG PvP

Thats 2 PvP focused planets (focusing on different PvP rule sets) and 1 PvE focused planet. This is how devs imagined it according to the news letters and blogs. Devs have NOT imagined 1 PvP planet, one PvE planet and 1 planet that's "half PvP and half PvE". THAT is the misconception that part of players here have.

These players are asking for OP guards to be placed on Syndesia to eliminate PvP from sections of the planet, and that's not what Syndesia is about. Syndesia is NOT about being "half PvE". Syndesia is about PvP, it's just not about full FFA PvP like what Tartaros is focused at, but rather focusing more on GvG PvP, where winning guilds that will control the cities get to affect the PvP consequences a bit. But it's still about GvG (players vs players) and NOT about PvE (players vs OP NPCs).

These arguments are based on what has been written in news letters.

So instead of writing some claims without any explanation or arguments behind them, why don't you try to write a post with actual arguments?

@gothix I do not think you are correct, as much as I understood the Human planet, it's basically PVE, and there are some occasions that human will defend from the demon or some occasions that human will do PVP against other humans, but that will have consequences for it, and you will flaged as "murderer" or "thief".

@grofire said in This game is a potential PVE gold mine:

@gothix I do not think you are correct, as much as I understood the Human planet, it's basically PVE, and there are some occasions that human will defend from the demon or some occasions that human will do PVP against other humans, but that will have consequences for it, and you will flaged as "murderer" or "thief".

@grofire guilds that own cities will set the rules for parts of map they control. This is why guilds will have incentive to fight each other and take over cities, to affect the rules in parts of map where cities are. So whoever rules certain area can say for example, that anyone who engages in PvP will be marked as murderer and can be hunted down by players as a marked target, or controlling guild may decide that PvP in their area is allowed and not against the law, and is FFA.

Either way PvP is never disabled, PvP is just focused on GvG primarily, and then guilds that are more successful and win cities set the rules for small scale PvP consequences. Syndesia is always PvP, just the consequences of PvP in a particular area will depend on controlling guilds, consequences that will either mark the aggressors as thieves and murderers and allow other players to attack them without consequences for themselves, or PvP may end up as free allowed activity without murder flagging consequences if guild that owns city decides so.

This was described in dev blogs, I am not just assuming this.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Could be an idea!

Solid overview, and exactly why arb is right up my alley. I've got other games if I want to scratch the pvp itch.

@gothix this is only partially true, GVG will be on some city area's, but most of human planet is not city area's, and the effect of the places that are not in city area's is PVP able, with flagging consequences, so you can PK but you will be flag and people could kill you with no consequences.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The PvE world really has peeked my interest. Unfortunately missed the Kickstarter but hopefully they will be opening the store soon.

@gothix this is only partially true, GVG will be on some city area's, but most of human planet is not city area's, and the effect of the places that are not in city area's is PVP able, with flagging consequences, so you can PK but you will be flag and people could kill you with no consequences.

Even if this is true (not all planet surface belongs to city influence), it still means that:

1. It is still not a safe PvE planet, not even partially
    2. OP guards that easily rekt players have no place here

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in This game is a potential PVE gold mine:

Even if this is true (not all planet surface belongs to city influence), it still means that:

1. It is still not a safe PvE planet, not even partially
    2. OP guards that easily rekt players have no place here

GvG does not mean is should be a ganker paradise in towns either. Leaving guards on par with players would result in that very quickly. Most of us aren't saying guards should be super-op, but rather that they should be scaled enough that a single player trying that will be turned into mush pretty quickly overall.

If fact, if that isn't the case then any guild would have to be absolutely nuts not to go camp their enemy's town and gank away. Which, well, as we keep saying is what has happened in so very many games.

GvG implies some level of order to the affair, which requires rules and enforcement. Again, everyone knows and has seen how it doesn't work if those are missing. Trying to say that people are whining and pushing to make it safe is not really the case, nobody is crying that guards should patrol the whole world or be a major factor in wars. Same old, same old though...

@gothix i do not see a reason why OP guards won't be part of city's area that decide to be law abiding, and attack flag players, while its not GVG time.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I don't think so.

In order to accomplish anything in this game, you will need to enter the PvP areas...

At least I hope?

@dulu that is diffidently not true, the developers already said, that all planets, both PVE and PVP, will have materials at the same level of rarity.
    its not like AO that as higher the PVP risk the higher rewards.
    you can be very rich if your in beastman planet or in demon planet, it just be different.

Thus my point about part of entitled PvE players always asking for more and more, regardless of how much they get.

Get a whole PvE planet, with an enormous safe zone where no one can even touch you, and yet you start asking to make other planets more PvE too. Prevent PvP as much as possible everywhere. And if you get that, you will ask for more, and more.

Sadly, I see this from MMO to MMO. Such players traveling from forum to forum doing same thing all over again.

@gothix sorry but i do not know whom you referring too, i haven't seen PVE players asking for more and more.
    usually, if anything, i see PVP players keep asking more for themselves: so no one will be safe and such things.

Grofire point out please where have PvP players been asking to remove safe zone on Arboreus, and allow evil players to spend more time there, allowing them to kill more beasts?

I Can point you right now where PvE players have started to ask to place OP NPC guards to protect players on PvP planets.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured