Multiple Diablo Projects

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@target said in Multiple Diablo Projects:

The MMO might be something like PoE, but I think it's most likely a mobile game. There's no way they release a proper MMO that competes with WoW.

Well like I said it isn't the first time they have started work on another MMO.

Eventually WoW is going to die the death of 1,000 paper-cuts.

Fractured
    Ashes of Creation
    Crowfall
    Camelot Unchained
    Chronicles of Elyria
    New World
    Pantheon

All will draw a few players away. No one game is going to kill WoW, but eventually they won't be able to lure people back.

They would be foolish to not have some sort of plan in place for when that happens.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Diablo mmo sounds cool

@whoatethecat

It would be really interesting.

WoW is still going strong despite the age of the game, so I highly doubt it that they put up a MMORPG.
    Looking at the line-up of games, they have the MMORPG, ARPG, CCG, Moba, Team based shooter and also have the Warframe kind of co-op game in the form of Destiny2, even though it's not a Blizzard game.
    What they don't have yet is something like MHW, a survival sandbox or a battle royal type of games.
    Survival sandbox and battle royal games could fall under the MMO name and I would personally think it would be something more in this direction.
    But all we can do is hope we will hear something cool about this at the next Blizzcon.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They should do a prequel - story before diablo 1 about how angels (and possibly some redeemed demons 😉 ) fight diablo and his brothers to lock them in soul gems.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Some people wonder, why make a new MMO when WoW is still going strong. The answer to that is pretty simple: WoW is built on a 20 year old engine and it's becoming really hard for Blizzard to hire new devs. They doubled the team back around MoP/WoD, but it took them years to teach those new devs how to use WoW's development tools. That's unsustainable. Developers quit their jobs all the time, and if it takes years to prepare a new dev, you're eventually going to reach the point where it's no longer feasible to do so. So WoW needs to be replaced not because it's dying, but because the software is archaic and sooner or later they're going to have a dev shortage.

Lol, my Patrick Stewart comment got deleted. I guess this thread tolerates only Diablo content. 🤷‍♂️

On the topic of Diablo, I never really got into it. I do not like hack and slash games, I much prefer games with longer TTK, requiring you to use the tactics for each single monster.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

A Diablo 2 remaster would be pretty neat. Good way to pass the time until Fractured gets further along I imagine. Unless they both end up releasing around the same time. Then Fractured would probably win out lol

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@evolgrinz said in Multiple Diablo Projects:

WoW is still going strong despite the age of the game, so I highly doubt it that they put up a MMORPG.
    Looking at the line-up of games, they have the MMORPG, ARPG, CCG, Moba, Team based shooter and also have the Warframe kind of co-op game in the form of Destiny2, even though it's not a Blizzard game.
    What they don't have yet is something like MHW, a survival sandbox or a battle royal type of games.
    Survival sandbox and battle royal games could fall under the MMO name and I would personally think it would be something more in this direction.
    But all we can do is hope we will hear something cool about this at the next Blizzcon.

Actually, they also don't have a building game, a la Minecraft. Some kind of content creator, such as Neverwinter has with the Foundry, might be really cool.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

First I've heard of it.

But after Diablo III, I'm really burned out on Blizzard and the Diablo franchise. They made an incredibly pretty storybook, but it didn't live up to Diablo II. There are ways they could have improved on Diablo II, but in my view they lost the magic. I'll have to see that they've got it right before I get hyped up.

@gothix said in Multiple Diablo Projects:

Lol, my Patrick Stewart comment got deleted. I guess this thread tolerates only Diablo content. 🤷‍♂️

On the topic of Diablo, I never really got into it. I do not like hack and slash games, I much prefer games with longer TTK, requiring you to use the tactics for each single monster.

Wow, a lot of this thread got eaten.

I wonder why?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jahlon said in Multiple Diablo Projects:

@target said in Multiple Diablo Projects:

The MMO might be something like PoE, but I think it's most likely a mobile game. There's no way they release a proper MMO that competes with WoW.

Well like I said it isn't the first time they have started work on another MMO.

Eventually WoW is going to die the death of 1,000 paper-cuts.

Fractured
    Ashes of Creation
    Crowfall
    Camelot Unchained
    Chronicles of Elyria
    New World
    Pantheon

All will draw a few players away. No one game is going to kill WoW, but eventually they won't be able to lure people back.

They would be foolish to not have some sort of plan in place for when that happens.

"kill wow" lol. It is already half dead. No one needs to kill it. The only ones who still think WOW is good are the die hard fanboys.

Diablo the FPS.

It's definitely just a remastered D2.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Blizzard is smart. They are the only company who knows how to maitain a game alive just by marketing the game and creating hype.

They let Diablo III die. They would need to reinvent this franchise in a whole new level to compete with the new generation of games coming out of the oven.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured