[Discussion] Ingame currency system, what we want to get?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Copy from other thread to main thread.

General Question, I know the game is still in development, I've been following a lot of Sandbox Games, and have some questions in regards to backing this game.

1.) The question is what are the rules on (Real Money Trading.), or Rather Giving away Resources, Items, or Currency to others users, friends, or guilds. (Not talking about China Farmers, or Botting / Automation Hacks of any type.)

Generally asking will a person get banned for trading, giving away items, or receiving items, Without anything of Equal Value in return?

I know this is kinda stupid to ask and i've been gaming 20+ Years, but out of every Sandbox MMORPG I've played I ran into Albion Online like 4 years ago, backed the game for 3 years, and got banned in 2017 just for accepting an investment from a group of friends in game trading, and they kinda have this stupid rule that says if you don't trade anything of Equal Value, they will assume you paid Real Money, and ban your account, which really disgusts me that CSR acts like Dictators, and censorship people complaining even though they admit that "Evidence" was reviewed, but may not have been accurate in a (CSR) ticket, but that game was made in G******.

So far this game does look like it could be a better Albion for sure, and it's developed in Italy? Can't really say i've played a game from over there before, so I am not really familiar with the Rules of games from other countries, usually most I play are from U.S, or other European Region like "Black Desert".

Edit: I read the "Fractured Games "Terms OF Service" I don't see anything in there that actually restricts "Real Money Trading" or says I can't give away items, but would like to know for sure before buying a kickstarter pack, or recommending this game in the big community discord groups what the stance is on trading policy with the company, and it would suck to lose a founders pack again.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Whatever Ingame-Currency they gonna use/we want to have.
    I really hope, that there will be no insane "currency"-inflation going on.

In others words, it just kills the atmo, that every piece of equipment costs a huge amount of coins of "one type of currency".

Take Diablo for instance:
    Everything drops gold and therefore gold is everywhere. And to purchase average equipment you need to gather tons of gold (which you can easily carry in your backpack...seriously?!)

I really hope, they keep a more realistic way, like it was done in ...

Legends of Aria, for example:
    There is copper, silver and gold.
    100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold

If you loot copper and reach 100, it will not transform into 1 silver until you have been to a bank to exchange.
    This means, if you gather "tons" of copper your backpack will be full eventually, so it is wise to exchange your money some time.

With that kind of system, it does not feel like a critical inflation is going on.
    In LoA to buy a house is not cheap, but "only" requires some Gold (which would be several thousands of Coppers, remember 1 gold equals 10000 copper, again) and this feels more "realistic" in a fantasy/middle-age setting.

Hope you get what I'm talking about.

• Community Manager

@lilithdragonflower Very very unlikely. Fractured's economy is fully player-run. I don't see why the devs would prohibit you from giving away items for free. In fact, I expect guilds to hand out gear to their members for free whenever they go to war.

• Wiki Editor

@holyhong At least a player driven currency is best way to prevent that what you fear.
    Surely there will be materials thats more worth than others, but the player will set their price.
    The material thats needed most will be the most expensive, but still payed by another material in exchange.

It is a bit like in real world: You want Iron? Sure, but give me all the sugar you have!

Btw. an example once again: Path of Exile has a great player driven Currency system. I can imagine similar for Fractured.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

My currency of choice will be the heads of the merchants who do not give me what I want for free.

Then when I go to the next merchant I'll just trade the head for what I want. I think they will be most agreeable.

• Wiki Editor

Oh @jahlon thats also a great idea.
    Yes, @Prometheus, give us trophies about killing an Criminal!
    That can be a wonderful feature for establishing a payed Headhunter business. πŸ˜‰

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@specter said in [Discussion] Ingame currency system, what we want to get?:

@lilithdragonflower Very very unlikely. Fractured's economy is fully player-run. I don't see why the devs would prohibit you from giving away items for free. In fact, I expect guilds to hand out gear to their members for free whenever they go to war.

Yeah the other game "Albion Online" was advertised the same way but 4.5.1 of their "TOS" says your not allowed to trade without anything of Equal Value in return or they will suspect you "RMT" and may Terminate your account.

Though I've never had any problem in many Sandbox games like "EVE" or "Dark Fall" with bans, but would like to confirm the actual policy from whoever makes the "Game Rules" / EULA for "Fractured" before possibly backing with $100+.

Fully player run economy is great, but sometimes I see companies putting limits on player trades and stuff.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@muker I think the best way to go about this is to leave it as free as possible. Endless Space 2's approach to trade is a pretty good one; the party makes an offer, drags whatever they want in their trade window and what they offer in exchange, be it currency or ressource, and the other party can accept, refuse, or make a counter-offer. NPCs would have affinities for different ressources (ex: an apothecary would highly value herbs) which would influence the likeliness of them accepting the offer.
    I think the "regular" currency should be something like gold coins, but for the love of all that is holy PLEASE don't have a gold/silver/copper. Just one type of coin. Having copper silver and gold is unnecessary and can needlessly complexify trade. It works okay in WoW, but when you have a trade-centric game I think it would be very annoying to juggle with essentially three regular currencies instead of one.

@terram I see 2 types of traders:

• NPC
    • Players

The first highly specialized and have only a programmed trading system whether it's money for the goods, or with the fact that the seller herbalist-your grass on his grass.

With the second all much more interesting. You can bargain with him and maybe he will give you a discount. You can ask him what he wants in addition to what he requires in the trading window, thus he will give you a job as in standard MMO. With him, you can agree to buy in bulk goods, which will lead to another option discount. You can ask this trader to get something that you are not addicted, and in return to give something valuable to him. AND SO ON

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I very much hope not to see Path of Exile's extremely stupid currency item system, it's one of the least enjoyable aspects of the game.

@fibs Yeah, maybe it'll turn the game into a creepy grind.

• Wiki Editor

@fibs and @muker
    Yes i agree, if it would be exactly like that.

I was more in thinking about using materials as a currency like in PoE.
    And if we have that, it will wonderful fit ito a player driven economy, because we always will need new materials, for repairing houses, for crafting our equip, for creating things to fulfill our needs (food, drugs, drinks).
    In this system automatically will be the magic dust and the spices the most valueable currency, since you will need it at countless expeditions, and the rare metals, because you will need much good weapons and the shiney diamonds, because you want to bring your girl to smile!

Beside this, it can be also a good idea for some crafted (with restrictions) coins for paying the landlord or the Taverngirl for the next beer and a bed.

@Specter Sorry it's off topic... I thought about the carpenters for a month, which we promised in the sets of kickstarter and.... Why can't the players be carpenters? Just... I built the whole house! Why can't I do it about?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Err... Sorry if the question is somewhat silly.
    Are there perishble itens in the game? Like we see in Black Desert Online.

@minefo At home, maybe food
    Although we do not know at what speed will be destroyed our buildings

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@muker Oh, really? I thought they aborded that with the house system.

@minefo In recent news, we were told that they did not want to clutter up the world and concluded that they should be destroyed. They should be repaired by some carpenters

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Are you all forgetting we can't carry many materials? You can only carry 1 log, rock etc in your hands. How are you going to use materials as currency when you can only carry one material at a time?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Vengu They showed a pushcart in a gameplay. There are probably more ways like this one. πŸ™‚

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

yes there is different type of transport cart from a little handcart to bigger cart as say @Prometheus here and elsewhere

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured