Will people using alt accounts have any advantages?

• For example building/crafting

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@usainbolt
    we don't know. crafting spotlight hasn't been released. we're not sure if everyone can do everything or if we're specialized.

• Community Manager

@jetah You can do everything. It was answered in the last livestream.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Well, I mean, won't you need to pay 30 Euros or whatever for each account you make?

Only bot farms will find that cost-effective and Fractured's design will be extremely unappealing to them.

• @fibs said in Will people using alt accounts have any advantages?:

Well, I mean, won't you need to pay 30 Euros or whatever for each account you make?

Only bot farms will find that cost-effective and Fractured's design will be extremely unappealing to them.

nah plenty of whales will buy multiple accounts if it gives them any kind of advantage like having the alt accounts afk-gather resources or whatever, don't have to RMT

From what I've seen so far, I only see one potential advantage, but this requires a guild level organization around it.

Lets say a guild has all it's members make a 3 characters, 1 main one for a regular play, and 2 strategic ones that will be logged out at strategic locations.

So guild fights vs. other guild and looses that fight and people get stuff looted. Now instead of losing time traveling to home, to get new gear, and then regroup, people see in which direction winning guild left, and quickly logs in to their alts logged out in that direction. Instantly organized and ready to fight again, they quickly strike the enemy guild (while enemy guild is possible even still recovering from fight) with alt raid, kill them and get their stuff back.

__

There could be similar advantage on solo play as well, but in guild vs guild fights it will be much noticeable. I don't know if any game mechanics will exist to counter for this (for example an extra cool down timer before you can log in to a DIFFERENT character after logging out from your current one).

Multiple accounts, also means the time you spend per character is divided. So you will progress a lot slower with all of them, compared to someone who plays the same amount of time on just 1 character.

@evolgrinz said in Will people using alt accounts have any advantages?:

Multiple accounts, also means the time you spend per character is divided. So you will progress a lot slower with all of them, compared to someone who plays the same amount of time on just 1 character.

But Fractured is all about horizontal progression, so you can play multiple characters at once and have all be very effective in combat.

You can also play 1 main character most of the time, and not lose any time on him, and keep alts just for emergency combat situations like i described above. Full raid of alts, ready for deployment in an instant, in a game that's about horizontal progression can be pretty damn effective.

We kinda do need some CD time before being able to switching between different characters.

Yeah, with the horizontal progression system I don't see much of a need for alts for that. However, there are tree starting planets. I can definitely see some folks rolling an alt on the other two they don't pick for their main.

• Wiki Editor

Building on the guild-level organization @Gothix mentioned, one reason would be to make alts of different races for the sole purpose to oust governors of free towns and gather resources from the other planets and hand them off as necessary to the guild or to join other guilds as spies.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Will people using alt accounts have any advantages?:

There could be similar advantage on solo play as well, but in guild vs guild fights it will be much noticeable. I don't know if any game mechanics will exist to counter for this (for example an extra cool down timer before you can log in to a DIFFERENT character after logging out from your current one).

I'd like that mechanic, if they decided to implement it. I hate seeing people game the mechanics.

@specter
    yeah i prefer the text questions and answer recap tho.

if possible have them put the questions on the screen for the next stream!

@Gothix
    problem is different accounts don't have to log out.

@EvolGrinZ
    some people multi-box so they spend the same time on multiple accounts.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured