Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Prometheus And can really make everything much easier?
    Set a special price just for testing without awards, it would solve a lot of questions.
    If people want special awards, let them pay extra, it's their choice what they want more-to help the developer or play early

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@kralith said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

Thats good to see at DuendeBrek. He just see "i can play the game in 2 years" and thats disapoints him.
    But he forget to realize, with the Pledges you can play even way earlier, just the game will be not finished when you start it.
    The mainproblem i see is, that most people are not able to differencing between early start and development time. They think a game just fall out from the sky immediately an idea is created.

Yes, im disapointed, that paying these 20€ will give you acess to game in 2 years, and im also sad that if I would pay 150€/200€ I would be able to play this game in late 2018, with tons of money spend, but there goes what you taked wrong. I know that I can play faster, but this is simply not worth-it to pay now tons of money for game that you will play in december, without much details easly showed, thats like normal, and I also covered that which you havent notice. About your perspective main problem - I already writed that for me developers made fast start mistake, with making kickstarter that most of people will get game access in 2 years, which is sad and bad. Of course you can spend tons of money, but it is not worth-it if you dont love this game a lot. Also "They think a game just fall out from the sky immediately an idea is created." In this case this is developers fault that they showed game 4 years before they actually want to realese the game for futher playerbase, of course with 3 years for lets say normal(?) not after launch player, or 1/2 for hardcore ones that can give any money just to play. This is something that is bad, the fact that you actually need to pay a lot of money, for beggining project that will propably have a lot of bugs, and dont take me wrong - thats fine becouse you pay to just play, but the requirement is just to crazy for project that will for sure be not polished a lot. Im a person that would love to play this game even now, I would want to give as much contructive feedback as possbile, and of course enjoy playing, but this is simply not possible becouse this is early development stage, and we will still need to wait a long way to be able to play, but still - if there would be a way to play this game without paying ridiculous amount money, I will go for it if possible.

Thanks for reading,
    ~Duende 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus In the most common cases people pledge to play soon as possible so I think the alpha1 reward is too high priced for this kind of "shopper". This is double-edge because you get more money but also more players that just care to play rather than provide a real feedback. Lowering the access could make it more appetizing.

What's keeping you from pledging or upgrading your pledge? Or maybe you don't feel trustful enough yet and prefer to wait for testing to be running?

I'm glad that my new CC is arrived so late (this afternoon). My intention was to pledge the early-bird IMMORTAL bundle mostly for the access to the:

• Access to developer forums
    • Reserve guild name
    • Access to Alpha - Phase 1

Higer tiers are appetizing but I'm not up to burn more than 300€ for a game. Anyway after what happend on Discord few days ago, the no-sense ban, and the discussions on the forum this morning I decided to wait before pledge. Why do I want to wait? It's easy. To see how the community grows. I'm not up to join a non-friendly place neither start a guild in a game where my g-mates may feel bad due other players. Unluckly/Luckly I had bad experience with Albion Online so I do not want fail here again. The game looks promising but may not going like I would like, plus the community could be bad. Well this make the game less appetizing to my eyes. I'll stay around to see how the things goes prolly till Beta 1-2 before decide to invest money. Testing games is not like play, it's something to improve a game you would like to play, to make it better. Most of the people now just want an early access to play something and maybe drop it after few hours. That's not testing. I really do not care to have the perfect game with a bad community so at the moment the biggest worries are about the community. I moslty look for a social/friendly place where spend time when I get back from work so prolly sandbox communities are not for me. I lived on WoW for over 11 years since vanilla and I have never seen problems like in EvE, Albion or here. I apologize for my English and I wish you all the best with your KS campaign.

@muker said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@Prometheus And can really make everything much easier?
    Set a special price just for testing without awards, it would solve a lot of questions.
    If people want special awards, let them pay extra, it's their choice what they want more-to help the developer or play early

Here are 3 options:

1. To sell the test separately - only alpha 1,2 and beta 1,2 each for 10 euros. If you want to get to all the tests, you will have to pay 30 euros ( without pre-alpha, without awards and without a copy of the game. To get a copy of the game to pay 45 euros)

2. Make it possible to buy additional testing capabilities to the kits. I'm taking a set for 50 euros, so I'll get to beta 1, but I have a wild desire to get to alpha 1 to promote the game. Then I just take and separately buy the necessary testing stages as in option 1. Total - I have my set with awards and those tests on which I want to get (suddenly I for example will not be able to participate in beta 1 for some reason and I want to get in return it to another stage. This opportunity will please many, as they do not want to overpay for those stages in which they will not be able to participate)

3. Give people the opportunity to go to 1 specific test stage for 15 euros (only 1 if someone does not understand) and leave everything else to the sets

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I've pledged EB Knight tier since it was the cheapest Alpha 1 access.

I do believe that a lot of people lack patience and after looking through all of the news highlights, expect to be able to access the game fairly quickly.
    At the same time I don't think the majority of those people understand what an Alpha game is going to be like. Many of them will likely get frustrated at the bugs and lack of overall content and stop playing all together, branding it a "bad game" without giving it a chance to develop.

As for the community, for the most part I've loved being part of it. I'm not a trash talker or a complainer, I don't tell people what to do or that they're wrong, and I don't sit on a high horse lording over others because of my foundation/guild rank - and because I don't do any of these things people tend to leave me alone. I'm just here to have a great time, jump into some role play activities, and watch an awesome gaming community grow.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@finland what you writed is really true, mostly the part with prices, and I agree that most of people just want to pay a lot to play, and thats okey from one perspective, but from another if you would want to help making this game better from beggining while of course enjoy from playing it is like: okey, I want to help by giving constructive feedback, ymmm, yeah - 150$ and I will be able to play so I will be actually able to after alpha will launch. This is not very good show of this perspective but this is hard as I write it from telephone. Basicly there should be a possibily that people that will try to make this game better by giving a lot of good ideas or feedback have a chance to get access to game

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@muker too late my friend, they made it totaly diffrent more looking for cash way, and this is true 😕

• TF#10 - CONSUL

• Expected high ping in an environment that punishes high ping

• Moderation a tad too on the carebear side for my taste

• Autism surrounding The Foundation. People sincerely caring about it legitimately makes me sad in an existential sense lol

I myself got disappointed with a lots of dev studios previously changing their decisions many times after KS and before actual release.

More often then not, companies say one thing during KS, and then at release you see something completely different.

So now, even if I like what I see about the game very much, I just to not join crowdfunding campaigns out of principle, till the games is released and I see what I will get.

Even if I would save a few $/eur by buying early I don't do this anymore. When the game is actually released, If I like what I see (and company remained truthful to what they said during development) I will have no problem paying few $/more, rather then spending less money early but get disappointed later.

So not joining KS does not mean I do not like what I see. Quite the contrary, I like very much, but I hope it stays that way too, and then I will buy the game. 🙂

• @kralith said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I would like maybe if you guys don't follow the glittery needs, but go more into this special idea about sandboxing, crafting, and the competitive and cooperative orientation.

Ideas are cheap and easy. Kickstarter is a graveyard of great ideas. Execution is all that matters and the devs need to display that they can competently implement their ideas. Some devs do that by pointing to their previous work, but DS don't really have that option. They need to show us that they have the skill to complete this game.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Prometheus Honestly, I've been waiting for a game like this since Albion Online flopped.

I'm very excited for a game that gives players FREEDOM. Freedom to be evil, to be good, to steal, to adventure... I want to go "Off the tracks", so to say. I don't want to ride the carousel.

Now.. I'm tight with my money. I don't want to give it away easily.

Two things worry me:

#1 - The handling of the Black Bull/Finland situation, and an obvious cheater/admitted hacker not being dealt with swiftly. It's not even him or his guild per se, but the fact that someone can admit to hacking, and cheating a system, and not instantly be dealt with is unforgiveable. These games don't survive when people are allowed to hack. Banning him and his guild should have been your immediate instinct, and the fact that it's not makes me very hesitant to trust the company with my money. It's the reason I can't really play modern Everquest right now, because the developers have decided that the money they earn from the percentage of botters/cheaters outweighs the people who are bothered (disgusted) by the botters/cheaters. (Basically, more people are botting/cheating, than are actually bothered by the botters/cheaters enough to quit) Overwatch (Blizzard) has taken the exact opposite approach, and bans EVERYONE they suspect of hacking, and sorts the details out at a later date. This keeps the integrity of their game, which is very important.

To put this in a better context, Blizzard is still launching lawsuits and administering ban waves in Diablo 2. Diablo 2 released June 29th, 2000. (Happy birthday D2!)

#2 - I haven't seen enough concrete details about PvP. I want to know more. I'm a PvP player, seduce me with what your offering. I already think I like it, but I want more.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Prometheus @Specter I assume a huge reason for most is the Kickstarter/pledge curse in which, the game never gets released, or gets released 5 years after the initial release projection, I understand the kickstarter process, but i believe it actually drives people crazy waiting for these games.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Dulu I also pre-ordered Albion and was really hyped for it, but after playing a month or two, I just couldn't do it. It seemed so empty and repetitive and got boring. Literally logging in to farm gear, then fight a couple battles and lose gear (Repeat). What made it worse, was the fact that the game really focused on 5v5 teams, and they were made the most important on a MMO' with thousands of people lol.

@Dulu valid arguments there. I completely agree.

Firstly though, I must say that I do NOT support publicly accusing people without proof (reports should get sent with report feature first, privately, and any good dev studio will react to those and investigate), however, when it IS proven (with investigation) that someone DID exploit the system (or cheated in any way) this should be delt with swiftly and without forgiveness.

MMO companies that forgive cheaters and exploiters find themselves sinking very quickly. Cheaters have to be banned without a second thought.

What's keeping you from pledging or upgrading your pledge?

Hey, I love the concept behind this game so far. Came across it on Kickstarter, pledged, then joined this community. I'm debating increasing my pledge to Artisan but there are a couple of things holding me back.

1. Money. It's the summer here in Canada, all 3 months of it, but that means a lot of activities and expenses. If the Kickstarter was for more than 30 days, and covered 3 or 4 paycheques instead of 2, I would probably be able to budget accordingly. Since it's spanning 2 paycheques (and one just came in) I probably won't be able to part with more money. Had the Kickstarter launched in hibernation season, easily I could find the money. Which sort of leads to a question I have: why launch the Kickstarter in the summer?

2. I like the idea of starting with a cart, crafting stations, etc... but I'd like to hear more about those items, and crafting itself, but specifically how hard it will be to craft those items in game. I might want the challenge of making them myself.

Anyways, you have my pledge and aren't losing it. I love the concept, mechanics, and the bits of lore I've read so far. Keep those updates coming so we can keep selling this game to people!

• Wiki Editor

@drawrin The summer here in Phoenix, AZ is hibernation season 🙂

@grofire said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@prometheus I pledge already but people that I talked to, says that the game look generic from the videos, so they just want to wait, maybe show the difference? Maybe more PVP and skills? Something splashy, that will give the WOW effect.

That's what I said.

@mattdaniel
    I made a comment on this well before the KS was mentioned, saying that DS probably wants good testers and putting it at a lower amount means people will play it for a few months then get a refund because it isn't fun or doesn't have a certain mechanic. Keeping the testing phases higher usually means the people understand that it's a test and not a finished product.

@Prometheus
    I have the pack I'm interested in and don't plan on upgrading. it'll depend if I have the cash by the end of KS to keep it or reduce it. I understand others' perspective that they feel let down from developers of other games. I backed Mighty No. 9 and it was constantly pushed back. I have it, but never played it. I've backed 22 total projects on Kickstarter, some were fully backed and some weren't, some were fully backed and they refunded the donation. There was a reason I created my KS thread. I'm not saying I'm correct in everything but I haven't learned a few things.

You're pretty much done with forum backers and now you need to advertise the game a little. Get on Imgur, Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitch and advertise there.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I haven't pledged due to bills really, I'll wait until I have some extra money then probably grab a pack.

@vezin said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I haven't pledged due to bills really, I'll wait until I have some extra money then probably grab a pack.

you can pledge now and pay when it ends.

I haven't pledged. Because I been burned too many times with pre-ordering stuff and was left disappointed.
    The game is ambitious, but I am skeptical if it all will work out as you hope it will work out.
    No Man's Sky is also very ambitious and we all know how that ended up at launch. Must say though that NMS in current state is pretty awesome.
    So I just don't pledge or pre-order anymore and wait for launch, or if I am lucky and get selected for testing I will test the game, find bugs, report them as detailed as I can, while at the same time getting a feel for the game.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured