Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@benseine

what's the fundamental difference?

@kellewic

I'm speaking as there are 2 VIP in the cash shop. 1 VIP for subscription which cost 10$ per month, it's automatically applied to the account OR another VIP (usually called something else) that is purchased for 15$ but can be traded (or looted >.>). Wildstar, WoW, Eve, Crowfall all have similar versions of this.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs:

@benseine

what's the fundamental difference?

@kellewic

I'm speaking as there are 2 VIP in the cash shop. 1 VIP for subscription which cost 10$ per month, it's automatically applied to the account OR another VIP (usually called something else) that is purchased for 15$ but can be traded (or looted >.>). Wildstar, WoW, Eve, Crowfall all have similar versions of this.

I see. I haven't played WoW in forever and there wasn't any sort of cash shop when I stopped. Never played the others. Sounds almost like some VIPs I've seen where you are allotted boost potions (or whatever) that can be traded.

• Wiki Editor

Been looking at it more since this was announced.

I'm not sure I see the point of the 5 euro level. I mean, yeah it's great to have people throw 5 euros your way, but I'm not feeling enough value from it. Maybe add a Beta 2 raffle in there where say 100 people (or however many) have a chance to win entry into Beta 2 that's offered at the next level up or a week VIP to help them get started at release.

@kellewic

i'll give 2 examples even though they're both for mandatory sub games.

wow you can farm gold then use that gold to buy your subscription via the WoW Token. however this token can also be used as a blizzard balance to buy non-physical goods from blizzard games.

eve online allows you to buy plex then trade that plex for isk (gold) or goods/services.

Terra grants an allotment of items from their subscription. xp boost, gold boost, etc.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@fibs said

None of which matters the slightest bit, because I'll catch up.

On my time, not yours.

Even if that were true, that doesn't make it any less pay2win.

Is it true though? Will you be able to catch up?

You tried to make a point earlier (at another thread I think) which included a graph. Despite the graph being wrong on many levels, it assumed a cap. What cap is that now? As we are talking about knowledge points the cap is about either them, or their usage.

For example, as far as we know there will be no cap at knowledge points. From the little that we know so far, we can assume that there will be a finite, but large, number of knowledge points. We also know though that, these knowledge points will be difficult to be accumulated or even impossible at times! For example, I am a demon and I can't enter an Arboreus dungeon. Inside the Arboreus dungeon though, there are things to discover that give you knowledge points! As such I am immediately locked out from those knowledge points.

So, this means that although a finite number, accumulating knowledge points won't be easy and it may be even impossible to cap. It is more than likely that the addition of new content, even the smallest one, will also add new knowledge points. This means that either capping knowledge points will be impossible (e.g. I am locked out from some, as explained above) or there will be a constant effort to accumulate more, something which will resemble a soft cap. Practically though, there will be no hard cap.

As such, your point that you will "catch up" is moot.

Now, there the ways knowledge points are being used. There will be two ways to use them.

1. At the talent tree

2. At ability learning.

Although the talent tree can be capped at 50, the abilities, practically, won't be able to be capped.

So, once more we see that "catching up" will either be extremely, extremely difficult, if not literally impossible.

And then there is the whole unknown part, of not knowing how much of a boost the VIP membership gives. It is one thing to assume a +10% boost at learning time (e.g.instead of requiring 10 hours you require 9) and it is quite another to generate knowledge points out of thin air. In that case you may end up with gaining +10% Knowledge Points, which means that if a deer gives you 1 KP, you get 1.1 KP. Then you add 9 more animals, and I (the person with no VIP) will have accumulated 10 points (1 per animal), whereas you will have accumulated 1.1x10 = 11 points. Oops, here pops a free KP out of thin air.

How, can you defend something to which you know so little about?

I suppose you can revert that question and ask me how I can attack something to which I know so little about, but I know two things that you completely choose to ignore;

1. Past knowledge at how such systems have been or will be implemented at other games.

2. The fact that the VIP needs to be enticing, otherwise it defeats its purpose.

Gaining 1.1 KPs instead of 1 KP is barely enticing (and despite that, still p2w!), gaining a 10% increase at the time required, probably, not so much. Let alone not in line with how the knowledge system is being described!

Okay. Where's the part where they win?

Oh yes, the argument; "you can't win in an MMO". Heard that before.

Nor do I need to mock you, since you also make a fool of yourself just fine - but I'm still going to do it

The only one who made a fool of him/herself is you, with that graph. Good try, but a failure. Lastly, reverting to ad hominem attacks proves that you have no real arguments.

while you can't 'win' an mmo, fractured will have conquerable cities, killing and looting of players. any advantage being paid for is still an advantage. DS can give cosmetics all day month long but they shouldn't give one that affects combat.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs:

@benseine

i'm talking about trading goods in game for VIP that someone else bought.

IE I have 2 VIP, you have 2 full armor sets. we trade. I get gear, you get 2 months VIP.

and also @kellewic

I mentioned more this knowledgepoint gains and the learning slots πŸ˜‰

The items i know they was mentioned to be account bound.

@tulukaruk i can wait, but i want to help the game to see the light of day...
    if we all going to wait, this game will not go live.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire then you have to risk it πŸ™‚ There should be enough info about the game when the kickstarter starts. I'm sure they thought carefully about the prices. Remember that putting the price too low will also hurt the game even if the KS is successful.

@tulukaruk if its only the 5 i mentioned i do not think they will be hart...
    for example i want the early founder, but its 50 euro, so i will just get the early recruit for 20 euro, that a 30 euro loss, if the early founder was 40 euro, i would have bought it.

• Wiki Editor

@grofire said in Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs:

@tulukaruk i can wait, but i want to help the game to see the light of day...
    if we all going to wait, this game will not go live.

There is no cause to fear about not going live at this moment. I think a kickstarter at the moment is exactly the right point to see how the people believe in the idea they gave us.
    And there are for sure enough informations around that describe, what the Devs want to create.
    Always remember, this game is still in an very early state of developement. Nothing around yet, except short cuts and a first ingame video, that shows us a bit how the world will be work like. Nothing we got seen ingame about the playing styles, just an slightly overview how it will look and how it will generate the areas.

Whoever search for a game thats soon ready and want to go for the kickstarter to get fast access to the game is wrong at this place, because we need to wait and submit us with going for the kickstarter, to help that this idea will go life.
    Btw. we was the one who ask for a kickstarter, just for remembering.

@Prometheus

i made a spreadsheet and ignoring the unlimited tiers you have a request for β‚‘585k from limited quantity tiers assuming all are sold out. is that amount required to finish (or MVP) or is that higher than what you need?

Do you have any plans on stretch rewards?

• Community Manager

@jetah The funding goal is €250.000.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah stretch goals are always good way to boost sales. Also stretch goals from media exposure (or w/e it's called) like for each 1k likes or stuff πŸ˜‰

@specter

assuming 80% of the limited you should reach that easily.

recruit - 40k
    founder - 75k
    patron - 90k
    knight - 100k
    governor - 100k
    aristocrat - 50k
    creator - 25k
    that's 480k

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@aries said in Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs:

@Prometheus the more high dollar packs should include more towards your town like include cheaper repairs from a NPC that lives there or have an available NPC to up keep your maintenance at a slightly higher fee they could also have options that a player could select to help maintain there town while there not in game/away at the time collect money for them leave personal messages to the owner for town options etc etc. I love the idea of customized weapons.

@Prometheus Making the higher packs / high tier kits should be more want items in my opinion. Add way more than what they have. I'm willing to give suggestions if you will actually answer

@kralith im sorry, but i read all, and seen all the videos and i still have a hard time to imagine the game. and as i said i will put money on it, but not founder just recruit, since 50 euro is too much for me. if it was 40 euro i would have but it.

• Wiki Editor

@grofire said in Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs:

@kralith im sorry, but i read all, and seen all the videos and i still have a hard time to imagine the game. and as i said i will put money on it, but not founder just recruit, since 50 euro is too much for me. if it was 40 euro i would have but it.

You donβ€˜t need to be sorry πŸ™‚
    We all imagine our own thing in the idea of dynamight.
    For now it sounds for me like something i searched for long.

@kralith that true, i have too waited for something like this.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire don't worry - they're busy preparing materials including videos for kickstarter. So before you put your money there you will be able to see much clearer what the game is.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured