Secret ways in dungeons

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hey, I'd like to propose something I saw in a manga. In dungeons, we could create secret quests unlocked by doing really weird things (Sole point of being secret, that's hard to discover) who could give some bonus, or rewards.

Same goes for the bosses, maybe hide things or dialogs that could help during the boss phase. (Like a secret stair, unlocked if you helped this guy in the town who had intel on that specific place), which would let you break a stone that would fall on the boss and stun him for a few seconds, to help killing him.

Tell me what you think about that !

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@canard I think that would be hard to implement a feature like that in a game without quests πŸ˜•

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@canard At the expense of dungeons - this will engage the developers and they have already probably thought.
    At the expense of something - I think it will be like in dark souls, the items will be hidden motive

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Maybe not with quests then, but having some intel because you're familiar with that NPC and he likes you, or because you got a high charisma and he's willing to tell you this ?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@canard Yeah that would be intresting

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Would nice to have secret and other stuff like that πŸ™‚

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I think you've got a fantastic idea there, not sure how it would go being implemented but would love to see it happen!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I love secret ways and stuffs πŸ˜› When I was playing at SWtOR, I tried to got all the datacrons (the little cubes hidden in all the maps, don't know if it's the same name in english ^^). If there is somesecrets things hidden behind a shelf, ot things like this, it could be fun πŸ™‚

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

It reminds me of that movie that came out recently, Ready Player One which had a secret pixel in the wall that activates a secret door which leads to a secret area. I know once these places are found they will be widely known but maybe if they are rare enough people would want to horde them for themselves.

I don't know. I just want a crazy game that makes me really want to play forever and even eluding to secrets that may never be found would be crazy enough.

Combine dungeon with puzzles, and if you fail, or do only elementary puzzle, only regular door opens for standard bosses.

If you discover something, and solve puzzle in advanced way, a passage opens for extra boss.

But puzzle would have to be somehow dynamic, or else once someone learns how to do it, it would end up on web and everyone would know, and then that puzzle looses it's point.

@gothix said in Secret ways in dungeons:

else

Randomizing puzzles cant be that hard to make and would be awesome! even if theres just two ways to solve the puzzle but they keep randomly changing between the two and if you fail you can only retry the puzzle after certain amount of time it would be meaningful and give us something extra to work towards

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@mrchipps Ready player one was a great movie πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think this would actually be a really cool idea if it worked in tandem with the world outside. Would be cool if you had to discover something in order to enter the side path or what not.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This might not be possible to implement given the sharply non-instanced nature of the game - it would ruin the presentation a lot if either a secret path opened that another group couldn't enter, or even worse it didn't open on their screen and the other player phases through a solid wall.

(I've seen both happen in MMOs with applicable content such as conditional NPC spawns and dynamic terrain and it really ruins any kind of "immersion".)

@fibs said in Secret ways in dungeons:

This might not be possible to implement given the sharply non-instanced nature of the game - it would ruin the presentation a lot if either a secret path opened that another group couldn't enter, or even worse it didn't open on their screen and the other player phases through a solid wall.

(I've seen both happen in MMOs with applicable content such as conditional NPC spawns and dynamic terrain and it really ruins any kind of "immersion".)

i'd answer that with 'it's magic'. one perspective it's a solid wall and even feels like it. while another perspective is it's a door/translucent and can be walked through. until the first perspective figures out the gimmick, it'll always be a 'physical wall' for them.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@canard The secret quest mechanic sounds a lot like something in a number of LitRPG novels and is a fantastic mechanic. Say for instance you did a localization chain quest within a town, that doesn't really grant any worthwhile rewards, but in doing so you learn something that causes another npc to unlock a quest,, unbeknownst to you. Hope this gets worked into the plans

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Secret ways in dungeons:

i'd answer that with 'it's magic'. one perspective it's a solid wall and even feels like it. while another perspective is it's a door/translucent and can be walked through. until the first perspective figures out the gimmick, it'll always be a 'physical wall' for them.

But that's the problem. The other character will just walk through a solid wall or use a spring pad that isn't there and it will look really stupid.

@fibs

not really. at some point you'd have to think "OMG it's a secret entrance, now i have to find out how to get in". Magic is normal in this game, so people would use it to hide things, locations, etc.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

sounds pretty good

Kinda dig the idea if there's a way to properly implement it.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured