I have been looking for a game with a relic war concept for a while but sadly I couldn't find one. Then i find this game with its portal concept and thought with this mechanic already in place it could be easy to implant a relic war mechanic.
But what would it be exactly?
First, the relics would be some kind of artefact that would give buff to player of a certain zone or planet or guild. Those relics could give for example a slight attack buff, a gathering buff, a def buff etc.
How to determine which nation/planet have the relic?
To be active relic would have to be keep in a location, for example temple. Those temples would be protected by player, but also by NPC (ex: guard) and traps.
We could also consider implanting an upgrade system that would allow the player or faction that lead the temple to upgrade relic (for better buff) or temple for better protection.
But where is the pvp war?
Player will of different planet or guild would have to organize raid to take down temple and steal a relic. Then they would have to escort it until it reaches a temple controlled by their team.
Soo, this was my tough about a relic war concept that could be implemented in this game. What do you think about it? would it be possible?
Edit (2018-05-16) :
@finland said in Game Idea : Relic War (PVP):
How manage the objectives lorewise?
- Players can choose an order to fight for (for example: A, B, C).
- If a player is inside a guild he will fight for the guild's order (for example: A, B, C).
- The nomenclature of the orders must not be linked to the Karma/Alignments/Planets/Races so it will not affect the choice of the players.
- It should be limited on regions
What kind of games we could implement?
- Relic War - Player must detain the relics inside their Order Temple. The relics are 5 in total. A temple can detain a maximum of 3 relics. Temple are buildable and upgradable structures (temple guard, fortification and traps). This way to involve players to invest resources to repair and maintain it. The Temples are located equally distant from each other in the region (Equilateral triangle). The relics can be stolen, but only once at time. If a player is holding a relic nobody else of that order will be allowed to pick another relic until that player will deliver it in the respective Temple. If the player carrying the relic gets killed, he will drop the relic that can be looted. The Temple holding the relics will grant a buff to all players of that order in the region. The buff will be multiplied for each relic (for example if you hold 2 relics you will get 2% extra damage and so on). The relics spowns initally randomly in the region.
- Relic Hunter - Players must acquire relics to asseble and idol that will grant a buff. Relics should be found inside temples located in that region. Each order has the relics with an unique appearance. The idol must be placed in the middle of the region inside a Sanctuary. Once placed will grant a buff to all players of that order. The idol can be destroyed.
- Controll Points - Players should take the controll of certain points. To conquer them you will need to stay within a specific area for a certain period of time. Once conquered everyone of that order will get a buff.
- Tibute War - Players will need to collect specific resources from the region. These resources must be donated as a tribute to the spirit of that region. In this way the spirit will award us with a buff. The buff has a maximum duration (for example: 10 mins). Only one buff can be active at time.
- Ancient Sponws - Players will have to capture spirits. These spirits spowns randomly in the region. The spirits looks differently according to the order (for example: infernals, fallen champion, Lost wild animal ). After summoning(A)/freeing(B)/purifying(C) some ancient spowns the players will get the buff. The buff has a maximum duration. Only one buff can be active per time.
- Capture the flag
- Escort - A merchant to be rewarded with gold, A crafter to be rewarded with crafting components, A farmer to be rewarded with seeds, A shepherd to be rewards with puppies, A miner to be rewarded with minerals/ore, A lumberjack to be rewarded with planks, An hunter to be rewarded with fur/hides or a scavanger to be rewarded with relics.