New Limits on Locating Packaging Stations Is Unrealistic & No Fun

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Y'all know I don't usually gripe, but the devs changed something in this test that really chafs my tukkus:

For the first time, it's impossible to locate packaging stations near the fertile fields.
    🤦 WTAF, guys? 🙄

In what universe do cropworkers carry full backpacks of produce all the way to town to bag them up??? My poor horse, Skippy, dragging her encumbered rider past packs of wolves, over and over (bc a person can only carry so much, so there are several trips for each harvest). Just ridiculous, and I can't sugarcoat how I feel about this. 🔥 🔥 😠 🔥 🔥

Not sure whose idea it was to change this, but I hope the ability to locate packaging stations near croplands will be restored in future tests. Anyone who agrees, raise your hand high so @Prometheus can see you. 🙋

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

As a person who very much looked forward to growing crops and selling to the other cities -who were supposedly going to be un able to support themselves- I found that this issue and the fact that we could only place farm plots within the city walls quite frustrating ... What city has ever only been able to plant crops -within- their walls? the region has soo much space but we cant use that to farm.
    (unless there are already high fertility resource nodes there which totally break the entire premise of food scarcity).
    Please fix both issues (and maybe remove high fertility nodes) so farming is meaningful and practical instead of a waste of a research point, time, and space.

Oh and there should be some limit to what you can carry... currently you can go to 1000% limit and beyond and still move...

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD said in New Limits on Locating Packaging Stations Is Unrealistic & No Fun:

My poor horse

big hugs
    I hope Prometheus can save your horses and gives us some Mill and packing station next to the fields 🙂

• Content Creator

Although I agree, in theory, that packaging stations should be next to fertile ground, I also understand the limitation and why it would be in effect.

City Buildings can only be built within the city limits. As fertile ground is outside of the city limits, one would need, at minimum, to buy a land parcel next to fertile ground, and then add the packaging station to the individual plot list of accessable buildings.

@GamerSeuss said in New Limits on Locating Packaging Stations Is Unrealistic & No Fun:

Although I agree, in theory, that packaging stations should be next to fertile ground, I also understand the limitation and why it would be in effect.

City Buildings can only be built within the city limits. As fertile ground is outside of the city limits, one would need, at minimum, to buy a land parcel next to fertile ground, and then add the packaging station to the individual plot list of accessable buildings.

You know I usually agree w you, Doc, but...
    !) Packaging stations were not categorized as 'city buildings' in previous tests.

1. Categorization of packaging stations as 'city buildings' is completely arbitrary and easily changed to re-enable a more realistic situation that isn't ridiculously and unnecessarily onerous. There is no real life city or country town where crop workers struggle into town with laden backs to bag up their produce, and I can't for even one minute imagine Fractured's developers thought this through and did it intentionally.

2. My land is right next to the fertile fields south of Zenith, and we tried making @Kirkuz (a Meridian city officer) my co-owner - in hopes that we might be able to build a packing station on his land. No joy. <sigh>

• DymStudios - CEO

@PeachMcD @OlivePit @Kralith @GamerSeuss damn that's a terrible bug. Packaging stations have (should have, apparently) their own ruleset that allows them to be placed everywhere inside the region of the city... so you don't even have to place them on the fields (which would take farming space away) - you can just place them nearby.

The fix will go straight in the next patch. Had we only know about this earlier we would have fixed it right away, it must have been a gigantic pain... sorry 😞

Addition: you can see it's a bug by the fact you don't get the message "this station must be placed inside of the city territory..." when you click the build button. Instead it allows you to start the placement, but the blueprint just remains red...

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Oh geez! You mean it's not intended?! lol 😥 harvesting the wheat fields took so much extra time because of that!

• DymStudios - CEO

@Harleyyelrah said in New Limits on Locating Packaging Stations Is Unrealistic & No Fun:

Oh geez! You mean it's not intended?! lol 😥 harvesting the wheat fields took so much extra time because of that!

Why did no one report report it or complain about it for 10 days, it's probably a 10 minutes fix 😢 😢

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Open mouth... dumb founded... close mouth... shrug.
    I felt like we were.. but it could have been on discord/in game chat/ and on our team chat. -shrug- Honestly not a deal breaker but defiantly glad to get it resolved !

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus Honestly, our group thought it was intended since the fertile grounds are not safe zone... so we thought it was more of a risk for pvp to be running around overweight with valuable resources xD

And with the farmers needed "bodyguards" 🙂

@Prometheus said

Why did no one report report it or complain about it for 10 days, it's probably a 10 minutes fix 😢 😢

🤣 🤦 👅

That's f'ing hysterical. I really do hate griping. Maybe I should gripe more often 🤣

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured