Patch Log - v.a.2.5.1b + Moderation News

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all,

this time I'd like to give you a big announcement before we get to the patch log.

As you likely know already, the advent of the proper ruleset of Syndesia and PvP has brought a level of toxicity in our communication channels (global chat, Discord, forums) that's completely unprecedented in the history of the game.

Banter between PvP guilds that gets completely out of line, discussions between points of view (usually on PvP) that degenerates in name-calling and vulgar language, and even violations of point 5 of our TOS.

To put an end to this, Fractured now has its first two moderators: @Rife and @spoletta! Give them a warm or a scared welcome, according to your role in the situation explained above! 😉

Moderators are regular community members with the following powers:

• Muting players in the game;
    • Kicking / banning players on Discord;
    • Editing posts / removing posts, and banning users on the forums.

I know what you're thinking - what about @Specter? Even though he's had the title of moderator, he's always been way more - a proper game admin, with full admin powers... and that is now his title 🙂

And now, to the patch log!

Changes

• The overall strength of Goblins has been reduced - most notably their magical resistances, damage, spell casting chance and run speed. This should make it much easier for new players to fight them, and particularly for mages.
    • Some monsters (such as all the canids) are also slower now.
    • The attack speed of the mage staff has been increased from slow to medium (and the damage reduced accordingly). It's now a much more pleasant weapon to use for kiting.
    • The owner of a land parcel can now pull any cart inside of its land claim to get it out (pull, not open).
    • Carts can no longer be stolen inside of cities and land parcels.

Bug Fixes

• Stolen carts can now be opened correctly.
    • Items with variable properties (e.g. armor, weapons, lore tablets) can now be put on sale correctly on the marketplace.
    • Fixed a bug that would make projectiles disappear in the client when hitting a player that was not a target of PvP (e.g. a good player hitting another good player). Please note that this was just a client error, as the projectiles were correctly going through in the server.

• Wiki Editor

Specter is our one and only Thor with the real Hammer!
    Wonder, why there would be anyone questioning his position.

Thanks for the patch!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I really appreciate the moderation focus. The toxic chat had gotten to the point where I'd just muted the Discord and stayed off of the game, it was that unpleasant. I was having flashbacks to Last Oasis, the last game I really liked that was totally ruined by toxic, racist trash talkers. Glad to see that Fractured is taking it seriously!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

That is quite nice Prometheus..
    but honestly just giving new mages a cc - like entangling web- would go a long way to helping mages manage their combat encounters.
    As is they only have attack abilities and no cc to start while tanks have 2 stuns and a cripple.
    ..with more damage and survivability..
    Thank you for the fixes to carts !

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Trug said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.1b + Moderation News:

I really appreciate the moderation focus. The toxic chat had gotten to the point where I'd just muted the Discord and stayed off of the game, it was that unpleasant. I was having flashbacks to Last Oasis, the last game I really liked that was totally ruined by toxic, racist trash talkers. Glad to see that Fractured is taking it seriously!

Shouldnt even be suprising as its many of the same people that made that game into a toxic wasteland 🤷

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I need to hop on and test the changes but I disagree with the staff attack speed change. It's easier and more effective to kite with low attack speed + high damage than vice versa. I say this as an almost exclusively PvE player and someone who has played a lot of games like mobas where said kiting is common (and some of them even have slow turn rates to make it harder)

What I definitely would've wanted is lower base windup and higher base cooldown/wind down (hopefully those are separate, ye? :p) for slightly lower damage instead of lower both for moderately lowered damage

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

will repair the equipment be implemented in the game, or will it never be possible?

@MeruemVBP said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.1b + Moderation News:

will repair the equipment be implemented in the game, or will it never be possible?

It is by design that you will have to replace your gear over time. Which is in my humble opinion good for traders/crafters and will make the economy more vital.

• Content Creator

@Yitra said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.1b + Moderation News:

It is by design

Just to clarify further, the DEVS have flat out said there will not be a repair function in the game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I tried the staff changes and it definitely is much easier to kite with staff alone. But much harder to do so alongside firebolt and similar abilities.

Please revert the changes and add a buffer to the end of animations to cast the next ability or move after instead of cancelling the current action, it's really difficult already when the game drops inputs out of nowhere (like standing still trying to healing wave and nothing else). These changes are just making me consider becoming an archer or pure staff damage mage.

In general, this game is lacking un interruptible end frames and it means needing impossible frame perfect timing sometimes.

Also add a very small attack timer bar so players know when their next attack is ready

• DymStudios - CEO

@RedIO said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.1b + Moderation News:

Please revert the changes and add a buffer to the end of animations to cast the next ability or move after instead of cancelling the current action, it's really difficult already when the game drops inputs out of nowhere (like standing still trying to healing wave and nothing else). These changes are just making me consider becoming an archer or pure staff damage mage.

Yes, you're 100% right. The issue here is that we don't have a dedicated animator in the team to rework all our ranged animations so that the projectile casting points is close to the start of the animation, which is vital in a game where arrows and staffs projectiles are directional instead of a targeted like a MOBA.

That being said, latency plays a role there too. The studios is from Italy and we can do animation canceling just fine even if servers are US East, although US players can do that better. I've checked out where your account is from and unless you've moved, you're 10,000 miles (15,000km) away from the game server... we have a long way to go with improving latency compensation, but I'm not sure you'll ever be able to do the skilled animation canceling you're thinking about until we open Oceanic servers 😞

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss Well, what sad news, talking to many of my clan, the repair was something that we expected from the game, that is, if I finish my farm with a 20% weapon, I only have to throw it away, because if I am an archer who has no str apart of the weight of the arrows carrying 2 bows would mean not being able to grab drop, the option that the set can be destroyed when dying should be implemented to have better economy, but if not, that it can be repaired, perhaps with some specific reagents as well. Knowing that if I die or not my items are going to be lost stops me from buying the game.

@MeruemVBP

I agree; there's too much decay/chores in the game. 😞

Albion's system works very well: items have a chance to be destroyed when you die in full-loot PvP. I like that, because those who died in full-loot PvP don't care that some of their stuff trashed, and the looter is happy to get something. That economy works very well for crafters!

Gear still takes damage (generally from a PvE knockdown), but can be repaired in cities with currency, so it acts as a short-term punishment for too many PvE knockdowns (eventually you have to go home, unless you brought a repair table, which are expensive and a risk in PvP areas). Again, that balance works really well, and is a constant currency sink.

I wish we could repair gear with gold in cities: would be a good gold sink!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus haha true, I knew for a fact that lag was playing a huge part in my frustration.

I think it's important for MMOs to have lots of servers, but not to the same level as MOBAs, instead MMOs should focus on making latency as little of an issue as possible (especially since MMOs suffer more from splitting up player bases and naturally will get high latency with large raids even if all players are in the same country as the server)

at the very least I wish the game client differentiated an animation cancel from a non-cancel action, so if the input to cast ability A was sent late to servers, then I timed ability B to cast at the end of ability A animation on my screen and it sent on time, it wouldn't interpret my A-B inputs as A-cancel-B but rather A-wait-B

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

"The owner of a land parcel can now pull any cart inside of its land claim to get it out (pull, not open)."

Will this be expanded so Parcel owners can also drag out wagons that are inside their parcel that they don't own?

• DymStudios - CEO

@GiaoCodex said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.1b + Moderation News:

Will this be expanded so Parcel owners can also drag out wagons that are inside their parcel that they don't own?

Carts and wagons are the same rule-wise 🙂 If you can't move it, it's possible it's bugged because it was left there before the patch. You can always PM @Specter on Discord and he'll delete it for you 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured