unbalanced pvp - unarmed naked mob griefer.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Unarmed naked mob griefer: Lure ppl into mobs after pvp was enabled as flagged and using invisibile ability so 1 guy can kill 3/4 ppl isnt how open pvp should be.

Mage skills are to open powered. Not having gear on him even.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

And to add to this. When this issue isnt fixed the casual pvp/pve ers will stop playing the game and it gets to be bad for the community. Had the same issue in Albion Online.

This isnt pvp where both parties are agreed pvp as conduct of war - Sun tzu, the art of war...kinda 😉

• Wiki Editor

@CoachFubar indeed, for PVE player the Spring-Alpha is becoming a pain, since we have Ganking-Guilds on the server, who don't go for the honest PVP opponents, but for people who doing PVE stuff.
    This kind of player is going against people who already fight in dangerous environments with strong creatures and they use, that the group is an easy PVP-Target for that reason.
    I almost think, they do that, to get their daily doze of "I am so cool" and if they face real PVPers, they piss in their pants.
    I am curious, what our honest PVP player will do. I think i will check, if the bounty hunting system is already working.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This has been an issue in mmos since they began. I'm not sure if there will ever be a solution for it. Some people are just assholes.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Kralith Reguarding the prison and bounty hunting seems starter cities have it. I was told so by our friendly main dev Prometheus. So will be fun to see what the real honest PvPers will do with that system.

At some point even as a normal PvE player I want to test out that system for sure.

And yes, they do it to feel cool in their community. Had a 3vs1 when I was hauling a cart yesterday, so I feel the pain for all the friendly PvE:ers out there

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Yeah have a same situation today deep into the shadow valleys.
    Was fighting mobs and a PK came trying to kill me.

So i have to kill him, lootet him and back to killing my mobs again ! 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ignator thats the way

Gonna make it hard for those of us who want to live peaceably & help our guilds, but need some weekly gold for our residences, to get that w/o getting ganked. Will keep playing until it becomes too griefy, but if voting w my feet is the only way to get this resolved, that'll be an option.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Something has to be done about how mobs behave after their original target uses stealth. It's not even pvp at that point if someone is pulling mobs and then running over to another player and stealthing so that the mobs turn and go kill that second player, it's pure griefing.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Reminds me of Everquest and the terror of 'TRAIN' being posted when you are mid way in a dungeon.

@OlivePit You hit it right on the money! "TRAIN" is exactly what was being done to me the other day. I had a nice little setup, pull with a bow, and kill up close, one at a time. I could even handle the skellies with the big swords and a little skelly add if I paid attention. Then I would back off and rest at my fire. Then along come these wonderful folks creating these Freaking trains and dropping them right on my head. I can see once being an accident but after it happened the second and then third time I knew it was on purpose. I guess because I am still a Young status player it was the only way they could kill me, but then again they weren't red so maybe it was just a good way to kill without actually facing their opponent.

Yeah, this is why I don't do testing anymore, till Arboreus gets available and the changes of running into these children is minimal.

@StormBug

Hmm, no I don't think that's what was happening.

It's much more likely that you were just along the main route toward the goblins/graveyard. Players when going through shadowvale just try to run past the desert since they need all the resources in the northern part. If you were along the main route, then every time a group of players passed, he would dump a train on you. That's not them being bad guys. You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Wiki Editor

@MrBd said in unbalanced pvp - unarmed naked mob griefer.:

Reguarding the prison and bounty hunting seems starter cities have it. I was told so by our friendly main dev Prometheus. So will be fun to see what the real honest PvPers will do with that system.

I guess they won't like it, since we figured out, it takes them out for a very good while or they need to pay a quite high price to get released.
    Let's hope our Sheriffs do a good job and make the server a bit more playable for good aligned people again. 😉

@spoletta Hmmm, I think I know exactly what was happening; you see, I was there. Were you?

To start with I was set up in an out of the way location so people traveling wouldn’t run over me. I did that very much on purpose. Then you add that these folks show up and start doing a bit of beating here and there on the skellies that I already have in hand. That was a bit annoying but I could live with it as they were also pulling their own and not being too pushy at first.

Then all of a sudden they started dropping trains on me. Same folks. I gave them the first one as an accident as maybe they just had some mobs respawn around them when they weren’t paying attention. After that though it became quite obvious that it was being done with intent and malice. Funny too how it was just the same two players over and over again and no one else.

Now tell me again how it must have been innocent travelers passing by and that those poor, wrongly accused, players weren’t being bad guys after all?

@StormBug

Easy there man, no need to get worked up.
    I was just warning you that these things can also happen by accident.

• I suppose until all 3 planets are released fights are going to happen. I personally want to live on a dangerous planet, but mixing the PVP players with purely PVE, is going to be hard on those that don't like conflict.

@spoletta

Actually you were telling me that I didn’t know what was going on. You said “Hmm, no I don't think that's what was happening.” And that is why I replied the way I did. If you had simple suggested that I mistook one thing for another all would have been fine.

It doesn't matter if you are on a pve only planet people will still use aggro to kill others. It happened in Trammel all the time in UO. I'm not sure what the answer is for that kind of behavior.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured