House and its owner rights

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Hey guys!
    Was thinking about housing and rights to enter so wanted to ask devs if there gonna be any changes in upcoming test?
    As it is right now it will be difficult to do anything when you own a home while criminal system is on you can get ganked anywhere outside city - so private claims can be atacked while somebody is crafting or enchanting. I am against something like blocking entry to whole claimed land but I think houses should be safe inside so maybe change enter rights to only owners coowners etc or just simple thing - let the door be locked with a key.
    In this alpha somebody entered my house and left there a wagon in the middle and I couldnt move it or do anything with it.

• It would be interesting in the skill of dexterity, to add a talent to open doors, with the necessary knowledge and skills, from the simplest door, to a more secure door.
    But without being able to move or open anything inside

• Maybe, the stronger the gate, the harder it is to get the right tool to open, or the chance to fail the attempt. Thus giving chances to the owner of the house to escape or at least know that the thief is at your door trying to open it.

I imagine that here it can happen PvP of house among Warriors mainly, so a player who opens expects someone to enter and closes as a "trap", would not be totally safe doing this, because a friend with skills to open locks, would be out there and could try to open the house.

It must be a skill with attempts between mistakes and success, where for example, the wooden fence gate would be the easiest to open

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Laveilath - how rude of them to leave a wagon in your home. 🤦 😣

As long as a person can limit/select accessibility for hearth, crafting stations & chests, I wouldn't have thought a door lock necessary... but a wagon in the living room, ffs? really? yeesh. Kids these days!

It seems realistic to be able to lock/bar the door of a private dwelling, if one so chooses; but I notice that the first move @Zards makes is pondering how to pick that lock or any barriers a homeowner might want to erect to secure their abode. <deep sigh>

@Laveilath said in House and its owner rights:

(...) left there a wagon in the middle and I couldnt move it or do anything with it.

Odd, that seems like a bug. As far as I recall the privileged people of a city should be able to remove wagons for that very reason, so I would assume the same should work for private property as well?

I'd much rather have UO style rules where you can ban people from your house. Containers should have similar levels of security. The game has to limit griefing options or people will just quit.

• Wiki Editor

@Farlander said in House and its owner rights:

I'd much rather have UO style rules where you can ban people from your house. Containers should have similar levels of security. The game has to limit griefing options or people will just quit.

The problem with this - houses are meant to be areas where pvp can happen. the scale of houses might not be much now but later there will be larger houses and possible strong holds.
    say you wanted to an bush someone during a town siege. best to do it from a house.
    sure there could be code on top of code on top of code to swich the states of the house during the times of pvp and not.
    But that requires time + adds to the things that could possibly break. Switching states kinda suck on real time running simulations.

@maze

Personally, I see that as a major no-no. Homes should be like starter towns and completely off-limits to PvP. Even cities are not PvP allowed. You must initiate a Raid to in order to attack a city, which is prescheduled ahead of time and is attacking the resources not the buildings. Doing this for a home.. just seems completely pointless... and therefore homes in general should be completely off-limits.

and I agree with @Farlander ... that would definitely drive a lot of people away from the game.

@Logain ... aye.. it appears they missed that for hermit houses.

@maze said in House and its owner rights:

(...) Switching states kinda suck on real time running simulations.

Not really, no. That should be rather easy, especially with SpatialOS.

@maze Did you play UO? House fights were some of the biggest pvp battles I took place in lol.

• Wiki Editor

@Farlander I'm not against house pvp. I'm for it.

@Logain @Ostaff Pretty sure they said you'll be able to hire NPC guards for your house/domains. The risk for houses outside of city's were always going to be ganking and raiding (chest are safe). They might make a karma drop for entering private property or bigger karma drop for killing someone in their own home.

As for houses in towns; I thought this was originally what we were talking about and forgot about the random plots of land outside towns. During a siege anything in a town should be pvp zone, people should be aware of the battle hour if not days before hand.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Ok I understand the points of each side. Can't decied yet how would I like it to be, maybe Devs will have some good idea.
    One thing is pvp In the house after somebody lockpicked the locks and other is when somebody spoted you inside and ran to you without a second delay while you are enchanting with all herbs/equipment in your backpack 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

while you are enchanting with all herbs/equipment in your backpack 🙂

Why are they in your backpack? Put a chest right against the crafting table and drag and drop to and from the chest.

• DymStudios - CEO

As it is right now it will be difficult to do anything when you own a home while criminal system is on you can get ganked anywhere outside city - so private claims can be atacked while somebody is crafting or enchanting. I am against something like blocking entry to whole claimed land but I think houses should be safe inside

Yes, they were meant to be safe already in the previous test (for the owner, co-owners and friends). The fact they weren't was a bug 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured