Will Steam Early Access available ?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

any chance steam player can get alpha/beta access ?

you might say this : why dont you just by from Fractured Store ?
    because its usually become cheaper for me, an Indonesian.

example :
    Sea Of Thieves = 39.99 USD
    Sea Of Thieves when u r Indonesian = 169 999 IDR (12 USD) 🙂

• Content Creator

There is a pretty good chance this game won't be a Steam game, I'm thinking.
    As the game will be buy once, then no micro-transactions or monthly fees, giving a portion of their revenue over to Steam would be counter-productive for them overall, especially as Steam recipients would expect a discounted experience.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GamerSeuss said in Will Steam Early Access available ?:

e game will be buy once, then no micro-transactions or monthly fees, giving a portion of their revenue over to Steam wou

They've already said Fractured will be available on steam.

@brwxisme

This game will not be available on steam until much later, probably around late beta or release.

@Ostaff said in Will Steam Early Access available ?:

(...)This game will not be available on steam until much later, probably around late beta or release.

Which is a good decision, given how players on Steam (I am using Steam as well, so no offense intended here) tend to rate games that aren't feature complete yet.

Early access steam games usually get slammed. I understand wanting some money for the product you made asap, but the negative marketing for the game when it is full of bugs in early access probably hurts sales in the long run.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Fractured is already in Steam, just not available for purchase yet .. It is there though, they announced it a few weeks ago ..

fractsteam.png

@GamerSeuss said in Will Steam Early Access available ?:

There is a pretty good chance this game won't be a Steam game, I'm thinking.
    As the game will be buy once, then no micro-transactions or monthly fees, giving a portion of their revenue over to Steam would be counter-productive for them overall, especially as Steam recipients would expect a discounted experience.

so the VIP and cash shop are removed? that's new news to me.

• Content Creator

@Jetah

No, VIP and Cash Shop are still a thing, but the Devs promised it would not be a pay to win system, which means most of what your going to get from the shops is cosmetic, non-game changing stuff, and at best, VIP might give exclusive access to some content, but actual content won't be better, mechanically, than in other parts of the game world servers, and won't contain exclusive drops not of a cosmetic nature (as that would be considered pay to win)

• Albion has the exact same system (b2p, premium accounts, microtransactions) and it is on Steam. I don't why Fractured can't do the same. Steam takes a % of your sales, but they also open your product to a bigger market.

PS: Albion is f2p now, but it used to be b2p.

• Steam pricing policy is a big savior due to the fact, that the economical status of each target country is considered separately while setting up product prices, thus prices alter between different countries, which results in making the game accessible in way more countries. Shortly, demand increases as the market expands.

But it's up to the developers to name their price and set their pricing policy.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured