The PvE vs PvP Thread

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@miffi said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@phaethonas said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@finland said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

Also, I don't think we know that "Demons [...] will not allowed to kill people in the most of the planet". I am almost certain that something like that hasn't been announced and I sincerely doubt that the devs would make Arboreus for the most part a safe zone as you hope.

They said it!

Till you point me to the direction of that info, I will doubt it.

It would make no sense to have demon invasions at the beast planet then. If 80% of Arboreus is a safe zone, it makes no sense to have that mechanic.

They have said that the demon invasion is a human planet event, not a beastkin one.

Not quite; All races can go to all other planets, all combinations are possible, even a beastkin going to the demon planet.

What you are referring to is the concept of eclipses.

Under normal circumstances when a demon (or more than one) go to the human or beast planets they are suffering from a number of debuffs and the like. When the demon planet eclipses the human planet the demons won't suffer from those debuffs and going from the demon planet to the human planet will be easier. The same does not apply to the beast planet. In other words, traveling to the beast planet will always be difficult (but possible) and the demons invading the beast planet will always suffer from the debuffs, the environment etc etc

@specter said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

It's based on alignment. Arboreus is inhospitable to evil-aligned players.

Sure, but what does "inhospitable" mean? Some may understand that this means that evil-aligned players won't be able to go there in the first place. On the other hand, I understand/think that this means that as a demon or evil aligned human, I will be able to go to Arboreus but I will suffer debuffs.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@phaethonas

could be a small hp damage over time so they cant stay permanently.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

For me it all depends on the overall game mechanics. In Asheron's Call 2, I was totally into PVP because it was faction v faction and you could get help fairly quickly if you were griefed/ganked. It added to the flavor and there was no limits because you picked one faction over the other. WoW came out with (i know there were others) with race locked functions and that bummed me out. Everquest 2 at least allowed you to go thru a quest to switch factions.
    Will say a Demon still be playable if you choose not to do PVP?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@gamble SMH , just saw a post giving me the info. Sorry, NVM

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Not quite; All races can go to all other planets, all combinations are possible, even a beastkin going to the demon planet.

Under normal circumstances when a demon (or more than one) go to the human or beast planets they are suffering from a number of debuffs and the like. When the demon planet eclipses the human planet the demons won't suffer from those debuffs and going from the demon planet to the human planet will be easier. The same does not apply to the beast planet. In other words, traveling to the beast planet will always be difficult (but possible) and the demons invading the beast planet will always suffer from the debuffs, the environment etc etc

Let me correct you further: that system only applies to the specific parts of Arboreus that allow Evil-aligned players. There are also areas of the planet that Evil players of any race are unable to enter in any capacity.

However, I don't know the specifics on which areas those are. I would presume that included all major cities and the areas immediately surrounding them, which would protect lowbies as well as prevent spawn camping.

@fibs said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

Let me correct you further: that system only applies to the specific parts of Arboreus that allow Evil-aligned players. There are also areas of the planet that Evil players of any race are unable to enter in any capacity.

However, I don't know the specifics on which areas those are. I would presume that included all major cities and the areas immediately surrounding them, which would protect lowbies as well as prevent spawn camping.

You cannot correct me further for something that has been discussed (and I have acknowledged) before.

Yes, we all know that Arboreus will have no-pvp/safe zones. The question that remains is how many/much these are.

A small percentage, like the one described by you would be nice in my opinion. Freedom = good.

Supposing of course that by "major cities" you don't include player made cities, but instead population centers that will be created by the devs which will be present from day 1. Unlike player made cities.

(...)I prefer people that can jump in battle every 2 mins like an fps arena(...)

Which would beg the question, why not play an FPS/MOBA instead? There has to be some unique selling proposition of the PvP part in a MMORPG, otherwise a FPS/MOBA always has the edge, since they specifically design all their game around that aspect and have vastly superior matchmaking and community numbers.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain that was related to the pvp aspect only! A mmorpg is not only pvp! And I'm already playing both (OW and HOTS). None said that a MMO should be like you wish! I played MMO where you could join pvp easly. Buut I could turn that and asking you why don't you go on EVE or Albion Online? Answer yoursef I can't argue cause I don't want to be banned (I want the key) so do not summon me again. Thanks.

(at)finland said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

(...) so do not summon me again. Thanks.

It's an automatic feature of the forum that is standard when quoting, but sure, I can edit that if you prefer it this way. You're welcome.

(...) A mmorpg is not only pvp!

I fear there has been a misunderstanding, sorry for not expressing myself properly. I didn't intend to imply that PvP would be the only, or the most valuable feature in an MMORPG. I simply tried to raise the question why any generic player would choose to use this feature in an MMORPG, if there are far superior alternatives in other games, unless it has a special edge in an MMORPG, that is not existent in these alternatives. The conclusion would be to either have something that makes the feature worthwhile, or to completely eliminate it and instead focus development time on other functionality.

(...) And I'm already playing both (OW and HOTS). None said that a MMO should be like you wish! I played MMO where you could join pvp easly. Buut I could turn that and asking you why don't you go on EVE or Albion Online?

My statement wasn't meant as a 'personal you', but as a 'generic you', I'm sorry if you felt this was a personal attack at you.

PvE players will be important. They generally will be the ones crafting weapons and armor, or growing and making food for everyone.
    If PvP like to gank the PvE players the PvE players could use counter attack by just making all their stuff 5 times as expensive for everyone to buy 🙂

@evolgrinz

you can't sell items there were taken when you're dead.

if the game is setup how i imagine it, then gatherers will need defense. crafters may or may not need defense and both will need everyone dying so the circle is complete.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@evolgrinz

you can't sell items there were taken when you're dead.

This is true but @EvolGrinZ makes a good point in that, yes they will lose what is stolen, but anything after that will be increased in price as push back. I wonder if there will also be racial sale differences. Like a beastkin would sell a product 5 times the price to demons as opposed to the normal price to a beastkin.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They could add a system to flag stolen items so players that fancy buy thing will know if it's a stolen item or not.

@miffi

then you're killed again and looted. just because someone has a high price doesn't mean a pvp'er will pay it. i don't really see the beastkin trading with the demons. I do see them trading with humans and the humans trading with both factions.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah But not if your in a traders market. I mean I guess they could make it that pvp could be done in a market but that would make that particular market have no one come by. I would assume areas where trades are done they are protected and therefore items would be jacked up for those who are pvp/pker's.

@jetah But not if your in a traders market. I mean I guess they could make it that pvp could be done in a market but that would make that particular market have no one come by. I would assume areas where trades are done they are protected and therefore items would be jacked up for those who are pvp/pker's.

i don't see tartaros having a no pvp place. I want pvp everywhere even if it has 'guards' that will persuade an attacker to not attack. now it probably will have a no-pvp area in the cities but that isn't the 'lawless land' i'm thinking of.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

i don't see tartaros having a no pvp place. I want pvp everywhere even if it has 'guards' that will persuade an attacker to not attack. now it probably will have a no-pvp area in the cities but that isn't the 'lawless land' i'm thinking of.

I hope to see a planet totally lawless also the cities. There's no point to not attack people in a city on a lawless planet. I like the idea to have 3 different styles on each planet there would be no point to make some restrinction on Tartaros.

I hope to see a planet totally lawless also the cities. There's no point to not attack people in a city on a lawless planet. I like the idea to have 3 different styles on each planet there would be no point to make some restrinction on Tartaros.

i'm completely with you on that one! (tehehe we actually agree on something!!!!)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Dude we can agree many things I like pvp but I have my point of view about it. I also love a big community and a calm guild without ragers that's why I was taking the side of PvErs that usually none do 😉

I think the most intresting thing about pvp will be the siege on Syndesia. I hope on somekind of RTS/action Gameplay

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured