Skills discussion and general questions

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Alrighy here's another food for thought question.

Should there be some skills that are planet specific I mean yeah animals on the planets are different but I think we all expect some variance of the same skills with justa little pizzazz thrown here and there. What I mean is should there be something that makes a human planet skill/spell noticable different rather than say a demon spell even though they both cast a fire bolt .

Also should there be skills that are one of finds I mean certain skills should be found into ombs and stuff not everything is about killing an animal certain skills you get just for discovering stuff. The question is should there be skills that only like 1 person has or a very small group of people

(EX. For some reason copper mines dont show up on the mini map this guy just so happens to find 5 copper mines so he gets a active skills that let's hin spawn 4 pieces of copper instead of two everytime he mines it .) In this example sooner or later there wont be enough copper mines to find so that skill is limited to a short window of time to get.

@dj35 said in Skills discussion and general questions:

t

Quite sure there will be different skills on different planets, as they should have different creatures on the different planets that are natives or adapted to those planets which need different ability sets. Different creatures as well as different reagents and resources which increases the need for inter-planetary travels.

Also, I think they are already covering your second piece of having skills that only a few may have in regards to their ability leveling system. Not everyone will level all their abilities, however, I am sure this will go mostly cookie cutter where its the same skill sets that are being leveled because they are just better than the others.

Being able to mix and max powers to "craft" a new ability as you mentioned would be a very nice feature to add, I think though. 🙂 👍

• @Ostaff
    The devs said in the past that demons won't be able to unlock some abilities (because some areas in Arboreus are restricted to them) and we need resources for all 3 planets for high end gear. This pretty much explains that mats and abilities are not the same across planets.

@Razvan

That would make sense... and I bet a lot of demons will be moaning and groaning because of it. (Comforts the poor pouting demon). Guess they just have to turn into Angels 😛

• Content Creator

Plus the Human world is supposed to be the only world with any kind of Tech Levels...so any skills related directly to tech would at least be discoverable only on the Human world, that's not to say other races couldn't journey there and find some small knowledge in that regard.

@Ostaff Angels are a disgrace to all demons and should be killed on sight

@GamerSeuss yeah i had assumed so but its cool to think about

• Community Manager

@Razvan said in Skills discussion and general questions:

@Ostaff
    The devs said in the past that demons won't be able to unlock some abilities (because some areas in Arboreus are restricted to them) and we need resources for all 3 planets for high end gear. This pretty much explains that mats and abilities are not the same across planets.

That's no longer the case. The demons will be able to obtain those abilities elsewhere.

@Specter you see that's what I'm taking about I personally believe certain abilities shouldn't be obtainable depending on race or alignment

@Specter

(Imagine the old lady from Princess Bride during the wedding scene)

BOO! BOOO!! HISSY FOOT BOO!!!!! I hate it when everyone can have everything!!! It just makes everything LESS valuable. 😞 😢

(The old lady was DEAD ON RIGHT TOO!)

@Razvan said in Skills discussion and general questions:

@Ostaff

That's going to create some interesting trading, ya think?

@dj35 said in Skills discussion and general questions:

@Specter you see that's what I'm taking about I personally believe certain abilities shouldn't be obtainable depending on race or alignment

Only if that is balanced and EACH race has unobtainable ablities.

As things stood before, only demon race had unobtainable ablities, which would be quite unfair.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Unless there was a trade off, and demons got something cool. For example, They dont get healing light, but they can eat their enemies, or could fly for 3 seconds to mitigate damage!

*Not a real skill request, just a way to highlight the point

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured