[FRAC-2061] Incorrect removal of tier 1 talents

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm not quite sure how to explain this and makes sense but I'm going to give it a try.
    This seems to hold up on all the skills. These ones were just close together for me to use as examples.

In the talent tree to get down some of the bottom rows you need to have both halves of the circle filled in by moving down two trees.
    In this instance half the circle is filled in from the mind tree and half from the eye tree and that enables you to go down the path for Master Wizard
    Full circle.JPG

You cannot get to the next circle unless you put in 4 points
    Dicerning 1.JPG
    Dicerning 2.JPG

However, once I get down to Discerning I can remove points from Observant and keep the lower skills. The preset information as I remove the points and keeps the lower skills listed.
    Overservant 2 points.JPG
    Overservant 2 points skills.JPG

I can even completely remove the points in the first layer
    no more points.JPG
    no more points 2.JPG

I would think that if it takes 4 points to open the next level when I remove a point anything after that would also be removed.

• Wiki Editor

Yes, confirmed!

I removed my 4 Points of Observant and the discerning stays.
    So i can spare 4 Points, that shouln'd be like this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5209ce6b-1d8b-446d-b267-7edc1dfba198-grafik.png

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I wonder if that would be tricky to fix, coz it is still technically connected ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

See I'm of the opinion that it should actually be like this normally. As was said, it is technically connected.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

This is interesting. Just tried it myself and the results are below.
    Basically, before you can remove all the other talents, you have to add points to one of the shorter between branches like adept mage or the like. Only then can you start removing all the main branch talents. I couldn't remove any talents from meditative or fortunate because the in between tree of captain or adept shaman is not implemented so I can't add points to those trees.

I guess we'd have to get a call from Prometheus if this is a feature or a bug technically.
    Talent Tree question.jpg

I decided to take this to it's logical result, +2 in all attributes. Not a bad option I'd say and still give you points to spec in your focus...
    Talent Tree question2.jpg

• Content Creator

@Razuqze i agree. This way it gives us a lot more possibilities for more diferent builds and in other games like Wolcen for example it also works this way. If it is connected, then it is right.

IMHO, the more build variability and flexibility the better.

EDIT: it seems you cant save the talent present if you use this "bug". Whenever i click on save preset, it does not get saved.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I guess if it's supposed to be that way.. .Why require the 4 points in a skill to get to the 2nd level to begin with just open them up?

I just did a similar build and was able to save it and memorize it
    skip build 1.JPG
    skip build 2.JPG

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

All having this in does is support more variety for builds, so it definitely should stay as a feature.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Razuqze said in Talents are not lost when removing points:

All having this in does is support more variety for builds, so it definitely should stay as a feature.

then what sthe point in having a tech tree type system if you can select whatever talents you want?

The only way to do this is to know how to bug the system, so gives a clear advantage to people who know how to do it, as you can increase your main stats without having to spend 4 points to unlock it. Those who don't know how to do it are forced to spend 4 points to achieve this.

The bug is literally to add points and then remove them after other conditions have been met, if it was something you should be able to do to then you could just add them anyway. Once you add the bugged stats they can't be removed unless you remove the linked branches first... so again, if this was something you could naturally do to have more build options, why does it prevent you from removing the talents?

If it becomes a feature, then fair enough, but the tech tree would need reworking anyway so that it's available to all, not just those who know how to bug the system

• DymStudios - CEO

This is definitely a bug people ๐Ÿ™‚ It will be fixed this week for sure!

• DymStudios - CEO

Fixed in v.a.2.3.3p

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured