Looking for Developer Feedback on current Siege Mechanics Setup

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Hiya Dev's. Please clarify as I feel there is still some question for some of us. Sieges.. Are they only going to be Planet Dependent. Aka Humans Can only Siege on the Human Planet and Demons can only lay Sieges against another Demon City on the Demon Planet etc.. Please and Thanks.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Wika i think you misunderstood, people can stay on planets as karma and alignment allow them. if your intention is to do full PVP with no restriction you can stay on the demon planet and only in a very few occasions travel off planet in order to PVP.

IS FRACTURED JUST ANOTHER “GANKBOX”?

It’s not. We’ve always felt that sandbox MMOs tend to discourage players who don’t appreciate hostile interactions. Because of this, we have designed a unique universe that will allow you to choose whether to start in a brutal open-PvP environment (Tartaros), a solely cooperative one (Arboreus) or a mix of the two (Syndesia), according to your race of choice. Travels between planets and interactions with other races will be possible, but subject to limitations.
    https://fracturedmmo.com/faq/faq-general/

hopefully this gives you a bit of an idea until a more accurate answer pops up.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@grofire Not why I am asking. I like both sides of the fence. Just a honest question that some I feel are confused on like myself. I thought Humans could travel to the Demon world and lay Siege to a Demon city that has been traveling and killing them in an Open PVP city on the Human world. Just want to know if that is possible or not.

• Community Manager

City sieges are indeed planet dependent. A demon can't start a siege against a town on Syndesia. However they can still PvP on Syndesia, they just can't take over cities. The same goes for Humans on Tartaros of course.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Specter THANK you for the info.. Just means will need to have Multiple Characters under different Races on Different worlds to conduct sieges against others you may have issues with. Thanks for reply. Clears it up.

@Wika sorry, but im not sure i understand the intention, if you want to full PVP why would you want a character in human planet? is it for the purpose of getting the most "land" ? or is it because you like to play in 2 different styles?

• Community Manager

@Wika You can still fight them in normal PvP combat. Sieges are just a mechanic that lets players attack cities in an attempt to loot/pillage/conquer them. Since demons can't own cities on Syndesia, and humans can't own cities on Tartaros, it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to besiege towns on other planets. However, if a bunch of demons gank you on Syndesia and you want to take revenge against them on Tartaros, there's nothing stopping you from opening a gateway to Tartaros to take your revenge. 😉

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@grofire I like to play different styles. I like to craft and be left alone. I also enjoy random PVP. I also love Sieges and Strategic fights. What I don't like is being out on my crafter so to speak and for this example (Human group traveled and rolled up on me took all my loot) then I am unable to go and burn their city to the ground. lol

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Specter Totally feel you!. Some of us guys though like myself lol. If you roll up on me you better be prepared to defend your walls if you (for lack of a better word) "Gank" me or my guildmates. This makes it not possible.. Unless you also have another guild within that same planet or alignment. Hope that makes since.

@Wika i see, well, as mentioned by specter you can PVP but not siege.
    just mind that you understand the PVP behavior of each planet.

@Wika said in Looking for Developer Feedback on current Siege Mechanics Setup:

@grofire I like to play different styles. I like to craft and be left alone. I also enjoy random PVP. I also love Sieges and Strategic fights. What I don't like is being out on my crafter so to speak and for this example (Human group traveled and rolled up on me took all my loot) then I am unable to go and burn their city to the ground. lol

it's possible to create characters from all 3 different planets.
    I share the same sentiment that i have my different moods, sometimes i enjoy full on pvp, other days i just wanna take it easy and PVE.

Have you looked at what beast-kin you wanna take for an Arboreous character? i'm looking at bears myself.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Zori Not yet.. Plan to test all races and planets out as beta moves forward. Right now so many questions before I can consider.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@grofire Yep I get it now thanks to this post. I already know where this will lead though. Multiple accounts most likely or different characters for each faction/planet. Thus if one offends you or your guild on one you always have the ability to retaliate against them by siege if needed.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Specter why cant a demon siege a city on Syndesia? I understand not being able to take control of it but raising it to the ground, i see that as something that needs to be able to happen. if not a Syndesian guild can keep throwing raids in to Tartaros whit no more risk then death in pvp.

@Kirkuz

People seem to be putting more emphasis on inter-planetary combat than will actually be feasible. The majority of your gaming time will be on your home planet, rarely will you be able to travel to another planet, and when you do so will either be during a natural portal phaze or through a large guild/alliance gathering of a portal Both cases will have tons of players from both worlds waiting on the event. Traveling between worlds is not a "oh, I think I will just waltz on over there to that other planet." .. Sorry, that is just not what is going to happen. Planetary travel is a well oiled and planned out excursion. The only regular incursion will be on syndesia, as it will be the TRADING SPOT for ALL planets. Syndesia is where the commerce will happen and where you will be getting your off-world goods. A single player, by themself, will rarely be able to travel to a different planet.

The devs have created three distinct worlds and game play. They tend to keep it that way as much as possible, but will allow the intermediate change of rules at certain times and in certain places.

• Wiki Editor

@Wika some answers about sieges you will get also at the last Q&A that Prometheus made with Oxfurd at Twitch:

• Content Creator

@Kirkuz i totally agree on that. be able to siegue a town in another planet and then raise it to the ground, but of course this should not happen often nor be easy, but the possiblility should be there.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

This still seems like a good system for the most part. We will just have to wait and see when it gets tested.

Demons can't take over cities on Syndesia themselves...

... however, since they CAN PvP there, they might be able to act as mercenaries, get payed and help a particular human guild take over an opposing human cty.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured