Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

This is going to be pretty noice

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@asspirin said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

@grofire

considering the fact you can get all the bonuses from attributes on equipment (you can do CON and get melee damage + armour from items or go STR and get resists same way) the difference will probably be mainly in Abilities dependant on attribute ----> STR will probably offer more offensive oriented ones, CON more defensive abilities.

for classes that do not use str as main attribute, they will not ad this attribute to the items they wear. so the question for them is: "what is better" and for now its seems that con as less usefulness then str, and it seems wierd.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Jetah said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

wont this give the VIP a huge advantage with them being able to "increase knowledge gain"? i'm trying not to say p2w but the convenience is outweighing catch up time.
    could some of the Talent nodes be talked about? I dont want to assume they'll give power but in past RPGs that's exactly what they did.

We're not sure we're going to actually put faster knowledge gains in the VIP. Nonetheless, it would still only be a matter of having to kill fewer monsters of each type to complete the monster's knowledge, so merely a progression speed boost.

@grofire said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

for classes that do not use str as main attribute, they will not ad this attribute to the items they wear. so the question for them is: "what is better" and for now its seems that con as less usefulness then str, and it seems wierd.

The most important benefit of CON is the Life Multiplier. Life is very important in PvE, particularly for melee characters who take a lot of damage, since it determines how long you can fight before having to stop and rest 🙂

The current conversion cost is 1,000 Knowledge Points : 1 Talent Point.

Each character can unlock up to 60 Talent Points, which can be assigned on a tree consisting of 90 different nodes, which each node providing a different bonus and accepting a different amount of points

wont this give the VIP a huge advantage with them being able to "increase knowledge gain"? i'm trying not to say p2w but the convenience is outweighing catch up time.

could some of the Talent nodes be talked about? I dont want to assume they'll give power but in past RPGs that's exactly what they did.

Maybe for a little bit, but it is still a very solid ceiling. Once you hit 60, you can't get any more. Sure, they will reach the cap faster, but every player will reach it eventually regardless, even if they aren't trying to. There isn't a pay wall in place like in most games.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Prometheus said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

We're not sure we're going to actually put faster knowledge gains in the VIP. Nonetheless, it would still only be a matter of having to kill fewer monsters of each type to complete the monster's knowledge, so merely a progression speed boost.

The most important benefit of CON is the Life Multiplier. Life is very important in PvE, particularly for melee characters who take a lot of damage, since it determines how long you can fight before having to stop and rest 🙂

so basically CON maxed stats is for tank :))

@Prometheus said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

how does life effecting more then endurance ? in all the tests, it was a lot more important to got the endurance and life, when life got 1 then u just go to the fireplace.
    at least for me, i couldn't care if i had 200 or 2000 HP.

@grofire coz increasing your endurance only increases the time it takes for you to stagger. Con increases the total amount of hp you have before you die. So if you have say 10k hp, and your base endurance is 1.5k, the game will say u have 8.5k hp and 1.5k endurance. Increasing your endurance to 2k will reduce your shown hp to 8k, as the 500 hp is moved over to endurance. Your endurance recovers by sapping your hp.

• @Xzait

Con increases the total amount of hp you have before you die.

yep

Your endurance recovers by sapping your hp.

makes sense (just like constitution system of GRIM DAWN)

Increasing your endurance to 2k will reduce your shown hp to 8k, as the 500 hp is moved over to endurance.

Does it really work this way? If i enchant piece of equipment with +endurance i lower my health? Seems weird.

@grofire

how does life effecting more then endurance ? in all the tests, it was a lot more important to got the endurance and life, when life got 1 then u just go to the fireplace. At least for me, i couldn't care if i had 200 or 2000 HP.

So far Health seems like 100% PvE ability aka totally unnecessary as long as you can rest. Only usage would probably be for tanks in long fight (Endurance can be restored with bandages or spells, but health keeps going down so if you dont have enough, you wont survive prolonged fights). As you write especially in PvP you need to survive first combo wave of nukes so ofc Endurance >>>>> Health as there is nothing to heal once youre Unconscious and one can go down with literally full Health 😄 . All CON offers is fortify saves and some resists against few damage types .... in game that offers complete immunities to those damage types.

At least CON now gives some endurance as well 🙂

@Xzait

Increasing your endurance to 2k will reduce your shown hp to 8k, as the 500 hp is moved over to endurance.

Does it really work this way? If i enchant piece of equipment with +endurance i lower my health? Seems weird.

Yeah. Your HP is total HP, which includes endurance. Endurance is basically a recoverable stagger threshhold (using potions, bandages and healing spells. When Your HP goes down tho, there is no way to recover it during a fight. You need to go to a campfire to rest up. I am pretty sure every time u take a hit, you take a % of damage as true damage as well, taken directly from your life. So no matter how good u r at maintaining your endurance with potions, spells and such, you will still have to go and rest eventually.

• @Xzait

Thank you,

so basically system from Pillars of Eternity ... which also means Health is only meaningful for

1. tanks
    2. PvErs

... and PvPers, but only if there will be more abilities like Blight, but it would still take ages to deplete Health faster than Endurance.

@Xzait said in Alpha 2 - Test 3 Launch Day Revealed:

@Xzait

Yeah. Your HP is total HP, which includes endurance. Endurance is basically a recoverable stagger threshhold (using potions, bandages and healing spells. When Your HP goes down tho, there is no way to recover it during a fight. You need to go to a campfire to rest up. I am pretty sure every time u take a hit, you take a % of damage as true damage as well, taken directly from your life. So no matter how good u r at maintaining your endurance with potions, spells and such, you will still have to go and rest eventually.

its not true, in PVE you can fight with 1 HP as long the endurance never go down, and if you do it smart you can play nonstop with 1 HP and if you do not want to play smart just make a campfire...
    and as already been said in PVP the only thing that matter is endurance since you get unconscious, and then killed.
    as it look, CON is useless.

@grofire Ah, I see. I was never put in a PvP situation where i went down to 1hp in previous tests. Didn't realise that so long as u had endurance, it ignored your hp when it dropped that low. I honestly don't like that, coz if u get injured that much, taking more dmg should kill u... but i am also a pretty hardcore player usually and get pleasure from painful defeats and difficult challenges. I have been told that my love for brutal massochism in gameplay difficulty and realism isn't a commonplace thing amongst gamers.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

So as new comer and just purchased legend founder pack yesterday for the Beta's moving forward....

Where do I download client and where/when will I get my activation key to add to my account?

Thanks

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Wika Close to the day that the play test takes place go to the home page and click play. There will be a download option for the client that runs the play tests. They should send you an email. If not just go to the home page and click play to check on it.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Nesgi thanks much

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Wika Not a problem

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

sooooo excited!!!

• Im super excited i cant wait !! Ive joined a city.. it was just a random one xD😊

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

1 more daayyy

28hours left! So close. I can almost taste it 🤤

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured