City Claiming Has Launched

• Community Manager

@th3mistocles The resources nodes won't be active yet. I don't think any new crafting benches are being added either. It's mainly the first stage of the city building system and hopefully the talent system as well.

• DymStudios - CEO

@th3mistocles said in City Claiming Has Launched:

So with respect to the previous test where we were able to build a home and put crafting tables in it (and a fireplace of course). Outside of these items, is there anything extra in this launch that we can expect or that you can provide us? I.E. different or more crafting options/tables? More enchanting items?

@Specter has already replied on the nodes (not implemented yet), but there are actually a few new items you can craft - i.e. all the advanced wood stuff: club, quarterstaff, shields, mage staffs. We'll reveal everything in the announcement post 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@OldMule said in City Claiming Has Launched:

@Zori it used to be 1000euro

I think after they dropped the price on most mid/high tier packs Aristocrat got lowered to 850 Euros.

@Prometheus are these Aristocrat packs going to continue to be available until launch? Or are there only a few slots you guys are planning to sell?

• DymStudios - CEO

@Recoil said in City Claiming Has Launched:

I think after they dropped the price on most mid/high tier packs Aristocrat got lowered to 850 Euros.
    @Prometheus are these Aristocrat packs going to continue to be available until launch? Or are there only a few slots you guys are planning to sell?

The price has always been 850 eur, only once (during a general pack sale) we sold a couple copies for 750 eur 🙂

We are just selling a few copies now, we might sell others once we release new continents 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus said in City Claiming Has Launched:

The price has always been 850 eur, only once (during a general pack sale) we sold a couple copies for 750 eur 🙂

We are just selling a few copies now, we might sell others once we release new continents 🙂

I was referring to when you guys originally were going to release it on KS for 1000 euros at the campaign launch way back when. And thanks for the answer!

• the test is not running atm so are we claiming cities on webpage?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@DevilsDog said in City Claiming Has Launched:

the test is not running atm so are we claiming cities on webpage?

https://fracturedmmo.com/world-map/ If you have not already, claim here!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Another question in regards to the Aristocrat packs being sold:

The packs in the store currently are essentially watered-down versions of the KS packs (Eternal being similar to Immortal, etc.).. is this the case with the Aristocrat packs too or would we be getting all the benefits associated with the pack as described on the page? Also, I regrettably missed out on the KS campaign and was bummed to see I wouldn't get the KS cape/weapon FX/etc... are these included with these packs being sold as well?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If there is no limit of players that can live in a city does this mean that the city limits expand as more players join opening up more placing options? Otherwise the city is limited by the city limits if they are finite. If the city limits expand by the amount of players that live in it does this mean that a city can effectively grow continuously?

• Community Manager

@Farlander No, there's a maximum so if a town grows enough it'll eventually be full. 😉

• Then the first 1-2 months it would be quite awkward because usually there's a lot of hype when a new game launches, but lots of these new players quit after a few weeks, which will leave ghost towns until their houses turn to ruins.

• DymStudios - CEO

The packs in the store currently are essentially watered-down versions of the KS packs (Eternal being similar to Immortal, etc.).. is this the case with the Aristocrat packs too or would we be getting all the benefits associated with the pack as described on the page? Also, I regrettably missed out on the KS campaign and was bummed to see I wouldn't get the KS cape/weapon FX/etc... are these included with these packs being sold as well?

All rewards of the pack are included - it's the original Kickstarter Aristocrat pack 🙂 The rewards in this image are not, since they are for Kickstarter backers only (and aren't pack-specific).

@Razvan said in City Claiming Has Launched:

Then the first 1-2 months it would be quite awkward because usually there's a lot of hype when a new game launches, but lots of these new players quit after a few weeks, which will leave ghost towns until their houses turn to ruins.

Without paid food/gold maintenance, towns decay and become abandoned. Moreover, other guilds/cities can lay siege on them and win it without opposition. Hopefully there won't be many "ghost towns" 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Specter Ah Ok I was confused when this was posted by Prometheus

There is no fixed number of slots, the amount of citizens a town can have depends on the number of personal land parcels you have placed in it. A 2x2 parcel raises the cap by 2 citizens, a 3x3 by 3, a 4x4 by 4.

Do we know the limits?

• Community Manager

@Farlander A small town plot is 128x128, a large one 250x250 and personal land parcels within a a town have to be connected to a road. You'll have to do the math yourself. 😛

• Community Manager

PSA: You have until Tuesday to claim a city on the map and gather the minimum required number of citizens (5 for a small plot, 15 for a large plot). After that, signups will be disabled in preparation for A2T3. If you're currently the owner of a large city but do not have 15+ citizens, we can move you and your citizens to a small city plot instead. Please PM me on Discord or the forum if you would like to move your city to a small plot.

• Community Manager

City claiming and joining on our website has been closed!

Congratulations to the 24 Governors who manage to reach the threshold and the 500 players who joined them!

See you all in game tomorrow! https://fracturedmmo.com/world-map/

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured