NPC organizations

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

There will be sort of "embassy" for NPC organizations(aka Morag Tong, Grand Houses (Morrowind); Ilmater cherch, Brotherhood of the Black Hand(Dnd games)) in cities? It could be really good part of lore and knowledge system...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'd love to hear more about this idea - none of the examples you give is from a game I've played, so I have to imagine how this would work.

Right now, and checking the wiki, the only NPC orgs in Fractured are the temples of various religions. It may be that as time goes on other NPC groupings will emerge?

Player organizations will include guilds (so I'm guessing there will be guild halls), militias (will those have meeting places? I don't know!) and city governments (which will, no doubt, have town halls). Maybe people who run taverns or shops will decide to create an organization for themselves? Maybe 'workers' will form unions! πŸ‘ πŸ’ͺ

• Wiki Editor

There were few mentions of NPCs: Tutorials and starter cities, NPCs for town reputation - this one is from one of first Q&As so i am not sure if it is still planned and there are also mention in towns:
    NPCs will play a big role in Fractured - guilds will be able to attract them to their villages / towns, where they can settle and start their own businesses. They'll have proper names, be more or less skilled in different activities and - to an extent - have different personalities.
    The governor can also assign NPCs (if the town has any) to various tasks like building.
    You can assign an NPC at a town's marketplace to sell your wares for you.
    but this probably isn't what are you asking for.
    Once someone asked if there will be organizations like Thief guild in ESO and answer was that it is not planned. I hope this helps you more.

• This post is deleted!

Could be cool if there was something that connects to lore.

Like "church of Babils", and then you have NPCs around the world (maybe even other planets), that give you some extra vendor / interaction options if you "belong to Babils" as well.

Same thing for other gods.

Perhaps, faction for magic schools, like "illusionists", NPC faction.

Then assasins NPC guild, with some assignments for you, NPCs distributed around the world.

But this is all limited by game design plans, as game is planned more in a way of player run sandbox, with only limited factions, like militias.

• @Gothix said in NPC organizations:

Like "church of Babils", and then you have NPCs around the world (maybe even other planets), that give you some extra vendor / interaction options if you "belong to Babils" as well.

To my understanding, everything we get in the game (with the exception of raw materials) are supposed to be crafted by players. NPC factions don't really make sense in this game.

• @Razvan Agreed, quest givers are replaced by demand for materials anyway. Some kind of world lore in the background sure is nice, but please no daily quests.

If we get enough NPCs to a city we may need to build a May Pole so they can dance around it in celebration. They only need one day for a holiday right? We can make them labor every day other than that.

hmmm..maybe you are right, 1 day is too many. πŸ™‚

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Won’t these companies be more player centric because the players will create the city? It would be awesome if players could recruit NPCs as part of these organizations.

• Wiki Editor

@Ostaff
    I remember that in Q&A was said NPCs will need gold but it wasn't said they will need food. Does that mean we can let them starve or they just eat gold?

@GorTavaro said in NPC organizations:

@Ostaff
    I remember that in Q&A was said NPCs will need gold but it wasn't said they will need food. Does that mean we can let them starve or they just eat gold?

oooh boy.. well... all I can say is that if they eat gold, my workers definitely will be starving... a lot.... in fact, I may just have to make them skeletons πŸ™‚

(Hoards his pile of glittering gold and gems beneath him as he sleeps soundlessly upon his great mound of love)

There should be NPC factions related to the lore and to offer interesting and meaningful PvE content. Goblins are a good example of PvE faction what we have currently, but I am not sure what is their background story or are they just random mobs.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured