Bit confused. No playable version?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So what’s going on with the game? I bought a package right as the last open to all test ended thinking I’d be able to at least test on the weekends or once a week. So many good things were said so many people saying jump in the game you will have fun. I don’t really understand why there is a push for people to buy Spend 100 bucks on the game and can’t test it all month long? I understand it’s a in alpha but it’s the only game that you can buy into that I can’t play currently and had a an open alpha for a weekend to get hyped for sales. Can somone please make me feel a bit better about my legendary purchase?

• Wiki Editor

Last test ended on 3rd. Another one: The next test, Alpha 2 - Test 3, is set to start in late June/early July 2020.(exact date to be announced). The duration of testing phases becomes longer the closer the game gets to full release. Alpha 2 - Test 3 is expected to last for 1 month or more. @Amuck

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

You failed to read enough before making a purchase, Alpha is exactly what it is, the game is far from being completed, servers will go up for specified periods when sufficient new content has been added and needs "Testing".

Hope this helps

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

No I understand what they said Although they do word it like it was going last the month of June and have only seen one post 11 days ago about when the next test will be. Last week of june maybe pushed to July and nothing sense. This is the last week of June so I can only assume they mean the first week of july now. I’m not trying to bash or anything I guess I was just hoping for a weekly update or more communication.

We actually do get quite a few updates from the devs via posting as well. Just watch the forums and you will see updates for the alpha testing 🙂

@Amuck said in Bit confused. No playable version?:

No I understand what they said Although they do word it like it was going last the month of June and have only seen one post 11 days ago about when the next test will be. Last week of june maybe pushed to July and nothing sense. This is the last week of June so I can only assume they mean the first week of july now. I’m not trying to bash or anything I guess I was just hoping for a weekly update or more communication.

this is funny cause we just had this talk on Discord last night.

• Wiki Editor

@Amuck look to the latest news 😉
    „Our intention was for A2-T3 to start at the end of this month (June), but we’re not sure we’re going to be able to stick to the plan. This annoying delay is due to a few quirks that are making the implementation of player cities more complex than expected. If not June, it will be early July though, so stay tuned because the announcement is coming soon, and a few other surprises are also in store!“

• Community Manager

I can confirm that alpha 2 test 3 has indeed been postponed to July. 😉 But don't worry, we're getting there. 🙂

• Content Creator

@Amuck When a game is in Alpha, it will often be down for months at a time while new elements are incorporated into the game. This game, they actually keep the game up much more in the Alpha stage than most. It is to be expected that there will be delays implementing new stuff, often unforeseen delays.

Technically, although we're in the last full week in June, next week is the Last week in June, and if you consider most launches have been Thursday thru Saturday as the start dates of tests, you still have a couple days before the June anticipation would be overwith...of course, Spectre just confirmed that it will be delayed into July, no biggy...

Trust me, most of us are chomping at the bit to get back in and play the game, especially those of us who also Stream their Alpha/Beta testing on Twitch and elsewhere. That being said, I know for me, I'd much rather have a more fully implemented new feature or 3 to play around with than having them send us in early and having to take everything down right away n to patch it.

@Amuck has a good point re keeping the comm line open, especially since the devs are crafting a major chunk for this next test, and I hope y'all agree w me that we'd rather have it done right than have it open up NOW. (kinda like COVID response, non?)

Thanks, @Specter, for confirming what's become pretty obvious 😉 what I think players would appreciate is a little more proactivity in that kind of communication.

We get it, devs are busy 👩‍💻 😰 👨‍💻 & the staffing doesn't stretch to a Public Info Officer (yet). Nonetheless, waiting until the wolves are howling before tossing a bone isn't the way to do it. Those of us who are trying to recruit for this game are ambassadors, and want to be able to assure potential investors and guildmates.

Communications from the devs have generally been pretty much reliable and accurate - aside from wacky obstacles like COVID19, if there's a reason for delay, we've heard about it here. It could be better tho - just get ahead of the howling and feed the doggies regularly.

3dba05ae-0586-4101-9e16-ec264e7bf660-image.png

• Content Creator

Actually, I would call the Developers response times amazingly fast and accurate. Test just ended in May (and actually overflowed into June slightly) and already they predicted the next test in June, and then told us it quite possibly could be pushed into July over 3 weeks ago. That's not a lot of down time at all really. It is more like unreasonable expectations were out there, when people thought Alpha 2-Test 3 would start the 1st or 2nd week in June, after just finishing Test-2??? they have to have some time to work on implementation.

If all had gone to plan, we'd have had less than 1 full month of downtime, most games would not even have given an update yet in that amount of time, so they are pretty Johnny on the Spot when it comes to keeping backers/testers informed. The devs are always on the forums, even while working hard to get the game up and running. 1 update a month is actually a lot more than I would expect from a game in Alpha still. When I Beta-tested EverQuest back in the day, we would go sometimes 2 to 3 months without getting an update on things, and between stages of testing could be as much as 6 months to a year as they implemented new code.

@GamerSeuss said in Bit confused. No playable version?:

Trust me, most of us are chomping at the bit to get back in and play the game, especially those of us who also Stream their Alpha/Beta testing on Twitch and elsewhere. That being said, I know for me, I'd much rather have a more fully implemented new feature or 3 to play around with than having them send us in early and having to take everything down right away n to patch it.

I already chewed through my bit (pout)

• Content Creator

Well, hopefully your a 2-bit player, mwahahahaha

but seriously, it's going to be so good when test 3 launches

@Amuck The next test will be in July and the testing periods get longer each period it sucks that you missed the last one but it happens can't wait to see you in the next one. ( maybe kill ya lol)

@GamerSeuss

I'm working on being upgraded to 8-bit 🙂

@GamerSeuss - don't get me wrong, please! If you look back at my posts, you'll see I have often commended the devs for responding quickly to hails and questions. My minor quibble is that they are usually reactive rather than proactive.

In this particular case, the expectation was set up in a road map they published a while back that crowed about the next test being ready to roll in June - way earlier than they'd expected to be ready to roll out the city feature. As things have happened, a June test wasn't possible. No foul there! We all want it done right.

The smarter thing to do, though, would've been to post about this when they knew it to be the case, instead of waiting until the Fractured Forumites started wondering aloud 'when exactly in June did you mean?' See? Proactive, rather than reactive.

Dev & Mod responsiveness is GREAT and I am not complaining one tiny bit. My (hopefully constructive) suggestion is to take that next step and communicate what they can before folks start wondering. 🖖 🕊 🖖

• Content Creator

I get you, but they did comment when they suspected it might run into July...they never said when in June it would be, so they had time to work on the next test, instead of being 'proactive' as you say and spending more time reassuring us. They had hoped that they would iron out the wrinkles in time for the June release, but they have finally said it will more than likely be July. I would far rather they focused in and tried to make their soft deadline than break from working on the project to come in and update us when they don't have a definite date and they are hoping to still release it in June...or push it into July...it was only just now that they admitted defeat on the June target. What's great about their roadmaps is that they give us an idea of when they will come out with the next stage, but they don't set themselves ironclad dates so there is no constantly pushing back the goal posts. They said June, that means if it launched on June 30th, it would still be on time, and most of us wouldn't even fault them for launching around July 1-3rd without having changed to June forecast as you generally give about a week either way wiggle room in my opinion.

I guess my longwinded reply basically means...they are better in this case to be Reactive to the Forumites rather than Proactive. They were proactive by setting down a roadmap, and making sure the goalposts on that roadmap were soft goalposts...then they can comfortably be reactive without disappointing their viewership/playerbase

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Thanks for the quick response @Specter. Totally understand and couldn’t be happier with the your answer.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured