How will you be making your $$$?

• Content Creator

The game is going to be different things for different folks. Some Guilds will transcend planetary limitations through cooperation and out of game alliances, some will strictly adhere to such conventions, and some won't be bothered to get into the middle of it and adopt a live and let live philosophy about it.

You can certainly take your toys from the sandbox and go home if it doesn't meet your expectations, that is always your prerogative, just remember that nothing ever sticks totally to the anticipated plan, and the game itself has to veer towards what pleases the most players overall, and as can be seen in the guild profiles, super-guilds are already forming, and that's from some of the highest level backers, it's not like the devs are going to disappoint all those high level backers for the disgruntlement of only a few.

I created my guild to contain my old friends and D&D buddies, a very friendly, relaxed guild, but even we are planning how we can monetize our guild in game for the most impact. Some will offer exotic material trading, some will hire out as mercs, some may help quick build houses and towns...the sky is truly the limit in this game, as it should be!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Jetah If the game allows players to play on each planet, why it should be then restricted by TOS? Why on earth try to fix design issues with poor bandages when developers should change the game design itself? Developers have not promised anything else and you just backed the game without acknowledge that this kind of thing might come up. And I do not say you should been considered this because I am pretty sure that most of us did not think these kind of things at the time of investment.

@Jetah The only real thing that the developers can do to try to handle multiple game styles is to have multiple servers. The more servers they have, the more variations that will exist within the game, as rarely will guilds cross servers. This does not mean that those other servers will not have their own big guilds and problems, but it does give the opportunity for more than one experience of game play to exist. The drawback of course, is that the more servers they have the more upkeep cost they will have to keep the game running.

None of us know how the game will evolve, and as @GamerSeuss stated, there are very many different reasons that people will want to play the game, and as @Tuoni stated, the big guilds are already out there with their description of what they plan. In the end, it will be how the majority of the players want the game to go that will determine how the server will play. There is literally nothing the devs can do to change that fact other than to offer up multiple instances of the servers to cater to more majorities. Even with real world applications, I have seen people use my programs for things I had never considered. Heck, I hadn't even coded it to handle some of the things people were using the program for!

Also of note, is that even if guilds were not allowed in a game, their would be guilds in the game. The reason is that guild mechanics are not done in game any more, they are done out of game on discord and other group programs like that. Also of note, because of that, there is no guarantee that the big guilds showing now will be the biggest guilds during the future of the game, cause it is feasible that another much larger guild organization catches wind of the game and brings their entire flock to the server.

@Jetah said in How will you be making your $$?:

i wont play this game if it becomes a coop between planets. that isn't a game i backed.

The beauty of sandbox is that you are allowed, and able to break that "coop heaven" by froming your own alliance, and attacking the "coop alliance".

Sandbox = everything is up to players

Besides of course hacking and BOTing.

But organisation wise, yes, players should be allowed to play how they like, and other players are also free to interfere with that, by chosing their own playstyle.

@Ostaff It is true that the big boyz have not come yet and they will catch the game during the beta or for the launch.

• Maybe we should wait and see how the game evolves instead of getting upset over imaginary things. Managing a top guild often requires more dedication than a full-time job. A guild that plans to be interplanetary will either not be able to compete with top guilds that pour all their energy on one planet, or will be a top guild on a planet with less relevant branches on other planets. My experience with other MMOs is that those branches will also often split from the main guild. Honestly, I don't see any issues with interplanetary guilds and if there's something you want to be upset about you should look at monopolies instead.

@Tuoni said in How will you be making your $$?:

@Ostaff It is true that the big boyz have not come yet and they will catch the game during the beta or for the launch.

The best defense we have against those incoming guilds is that all the governor spots have already been taken and accounted for. So the best cities will already be taken by the time they get here. 🙂

@Ostaff said in How will you be making your $$?:

The best defense we have against those incoming guilds is that all the governor spots have already been taken and accounted for. So the best cities will already be taken by the time they get here. 🙂

...and the cities are claimable.

@Jetah If the game allows players to play on each planet, why it should be then restricted by TOS? Why on earth try to fix design issues with poor bandages when developers should change the game design itself? Developers have not promised anything else and you just backed the game without acknowledge that this kind of thing might come up. And I do not say you should been considered this because I am pretty sure that most of us did not think these kind of things at the time of investment.

it allows us to play on different planets with a limited duration or the grind to change Karma. it isn't a free portal to which every planet we want whenever we want. having alts just limits how much knowledge you can obtain via limited play time (at least on the same account). otherwise you'll be multiboxing and it would be difficult to operate 3 accounts on different planets.

@Ostaff said in How will you be making your $$?:

@Jetah The only real thing that the developers can do to try to handle multiple game styles is to have multiple servers. The more servers they have, the more variations that will exist within the game, as rarely will guilds cross servers. This does not mean that those other servers will not have their own big guilds and problems, but it does give the opportunity for more than one experience of game play to exist. The drawback of course, is that the more servers they have the more upkeep cost they will have to keep the game running.

None of us know how the game will evolve, and as @GamerSeuss stated, there are very many different reasons that people will want to play the game, and as @Tuoni stated, the big guilds are already out there with their description of what they plan. In the end, it will be how the majority of the players want the game to go that will determine how the server will play. There is literally nothing the devs can do to change that fact other than to offer up multiple instances of the servers to cater to more majorities. Even with real world applications, I have seen people use my programs for things I had never considered. Heck, I hadn't even coded it to handle some of the things people were using the program for!

Also of note, is that even if guilds were not allowed in a game, their would be guilds in the game. The reason is that guild mechanics are not done in game any more, they are done out of game on discord and other group programs like that. Also of note, because of that, there is no guarantee that the big guilds showing now will be the biggest guilds during the future of the game, cause it is feasible that another much larger guild organization catches wind of the game and brings their entire flock to the server.

multiple servers will split the limited population for this niche of a game. most full loot pvp games dont last because they dont get the population needed to sustain it. if you're wanting to split that then you're asking for fewer players per server. IF there's a coop server then i expect it to be the highest populated server but people will get bored when they have everything. which case they'll demand more content or will leave.

i'm aware of the unlimited communications outside of the game. but to have 3 guilds in a game with similar name and a forum post offering goods between the planets would tell me it's the same guild.

@Gothix said in How will you be making your $$?:

@Jetah said in How will you be making your $$?:

i wont play this game if it becomes a coop between planets. that isn't a game i backed.

The beauty of sandbox is that you are allowed, and able to break that "coop heaven" by froming your own alliance, and attacking the "coop alliance".

Sandbox = everything is up to players

Besides of course hacking and BOTing.

But organisation wise, yes, players should be allowed to play how they like, and other players are also free to interfere with that, by chosing their own playstyle.

a demon guild can't break an alliance between furies and humans. there's limited time on those planets. at best it'd take a coop demon-human-fury alliance to break it up but what would the furies benefit from it?

sandbox have a problem of mega alliances that are able to control 50% or more of a game. there has to be a way to limit permanent coop or it'll get boring real quick.

i've played Eve Online and having a mega alliance isn't a good thing. there are/were rumors that the developers get into those alliances to break them up.

for the health of the game, economy, etc. offering coop wont allow the game to last longer than it takes to get acquire the best gear after which people will get bored and leave.

@Jetah I do not mean that. I mean why developers would allow players to create different races and play on different planets and then restrict their playing with TOS? That does not make any sense. If developers do want to restrict cross-realm guild activities they should do that via ingame mechanics.

• Wiki Editor

@Jetah
    It's not completely limited, not for each race
    Beastmen can live permanently on both Arboreus and Syndesia(loose his primal skill on Syndesia) but is heavily disadvantage on Tartaros.
    same should apply to angel but there is not sure they will be allowed to live on Arboreus yet
    Demon shouldn't be able to enter Arboreus and shoudn't have access to his bonuses unless there is eclipse on Syndesia. Can live permanently only on Tartaros
    Abomination is exiled from Arboreus. Can live permanently on Tartaros. I am not sure if Abominatios can live permanently on Syndesia or not. There is no information about their skills yet.
    Humans can live permanently only on Syndesia but can visit Arboreus withous being penalized for limited amount of time unless they are evil. Evil players can't enter good zones. They can also enter for one hour without being revealed to demons or being debuffed by babillis if they are under protection of some god.

@Tuoni
    just because the game is a sandbox doesn't mean there aren't any rules. some rules can be coded but some have to be placed in a license, typically the EULA and/or TOS. There are sometimes a phrase about the spirit of the game which is open to interpretation but in that spirit, coop wouldn't be allowed. it could be allowed on a coop server, if one exist.

@Jetah This is not about sandbox having rules. Yeah some rules are in TOS like account related stuff, behaviour in general, cheating, advertising, and stuff like that. TOS is not a place to say players that "do not play on every planet with your guild members, even we allow you to do that". WTF? That makes zero sense. If any developer would do a stupid thing like that, I would LMAO and leave. 😂

If developers do not want players to cross-realm then they will do in game restrictions to prevent that kind of behaviour. However, I believe that devs will not do that because they do not want to. I bet they want players to have that oppurtunity to play how they want in as many planets they like and they do not want to make any restrictions there.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured