Skill Ideas

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Whats A skill idea that you guys wanna see in the future i mean besides the all-powerful undead infinitely respawning chicken
    Heres the example
    Skill name: Death lord
    Skill description: summons the chicken lord of all death

Those are just jokes but you get the idea right down the name and what it can do also put things down like root enrage etc maybe even the monster it: "drops" from. Get creative give me something bat crazy. you never know if the ideas liked enough ....

Master Gimp. It is an uber skill that is only used on self and lowers all your resistances to 0% and lowers all you attribute stats to 6. ^_^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Parry/Riposte

Rolls a % chance to fully block next enemy attack based on your dex level, if successful follows up with an attack that is a guaranteed crit

• Wiki Editor

@Recoil
    Dev's would like to have parry system with some action mechanic: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/3725/how-should-shields-work-wow-vs-vermintide-style/46

• Wiki Editor

Song of Wind
    School: Musicianship
    Mana Cost: ?/s
    Cooldown: 10s
    Allowed Armor: Light/Medium
    Allowed: Weapons: Any
    Description: You start singing a special song increasing your marching morale and that of all players around you, granting you a temporary bonus(for 2s, renewed every second) to Speed( [CHA/2] %). Focus Ability. Receiving damage cancel this skill.

Spying Eye
    School: Divination
    Mana Cost: 450
    Cooldown: 60-[INT*1,5]s
    Allowed Armor: Any
    Allowed Weapons: Any
    Descriptions: You summon invisible eye. By reactivating the spell you get control over the spying eye. Spying eye can move as normal creature. You can unsummon it by right clicking on skill and it will be automatically unsummoned after [PER/2]minutes.

More info: Spying Eye has only 1hp and can be detected by any means which grants you ability to see invisible creatures or by detect magic.

Detect Magic
    Mana Cost: 100
    Cooldown: 20s
    Descriptions: Any object or creature in [INT]m radius around radiating magic will glow for short period of time[PER/2]s.

See Invisibility
    Mana Cost: 250
    Cooldown: 60-[INT0,9]s
    Descriptions: For duration of this spell you are granted ability to see invisible object and creatures. Duration is [PER
    1,4]s.

Healing Pulse
    School: Restoration
    Mana Cost: 500
    Cooldown: 40s
    Allowed Weapons: Mage
    Descriptions: You heal endurance of all allied entities around you in [INT]m radius by 50+INT*18.

Healing Chain
    Mana Cost: 300
    Cooldown: 20s
    Descriptions: You heal endurance of allied entity for 50+[INT]*15, then spell jumps twice to heal another one with 25% less effectivity each time. Spell prioritize party members.

Life Balance
    Mana Cost: 150
    Cooldown: 30s
    Descriptions: Party member will transfer life to each other to make their endurance equal.(By %, meaning if there are 2 ppl in pt and one has 50%Endurance and second one 100% after this skill they will both have 75%)

Sacrifice
    Mana Cost: 0
    Endurance Cost: 5% of your max Endurance, maximum 500
    Cooldown: 25s
    Descriptions: You sacrifice your endurance to heal same amount of endurance to allied entity.

Cleanse
    School: Divine Ability
    Mana Cost: 120
    Cooldown: 25s
    Descriptions: You pray shortly to your god to remove all negative effects from allied entity..

I am not sure if Divine abilities are still a thing but this could be easily changed to restoration ability.

I can make more if you are interested 😉

• @GorTavaro
    Depending on how exactly the flagging works, "Song of wind" might be quite unbalanced in ganking on human planet.
    I like "Spying eye".

I feel this game greatly needs a magic penetration debuff because at this point the pvp involving mages seems more based on luck than anything else. For example, "surrender to fire" drops the enemy fire res by 50% for 30s.

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan
    Yeah. I added it mainly because i am tired of constant walking without mount and skill should be faster to implement than mounts.

Name: Summon companion
    Mana: 0
    Restriction: Only usable in tavern or your home
    Duration: Until you desummon it or leave the tavern or your home
    Description: Summons companion of chosen gender and race to keep you company while you are spending time in tavern or your home

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Wheel of Teleportune

3hr cool down, teleports you to a random location on the world you’re on.

Wheel of teleportune would sadly only be used for escaping incoming PvP when you have goods on you.

• Wiki Editor

I would like to see a Semi hard to lockdown spell fighter.
    Skills would not scale with stats ideally; this would allow for a anyone to spec into the set.
    Skills main damage would come from weapon damage or have their own base damage
    Mana pool should not be a worry for this set of skills but rather the worry would be light gear.

Name: Dark Flame
    Effect: Physical Damage to enemy/10 = magic damage (Adds a bonus Magic damage to physical based attacks)
    Mana: (25-STR) /sec
    Restriction: Can be only used with 1H weapons, no shield equipped and light gear.
    Duration: based on mana pool
    Description: Ignites the hands in a Dark Molten Flame that falls from the hands;

Name: Dark Flame Burst
    Effect: Makes player immune to damage and snares (iframe). damage happens In front of the player in a cone.
    Mana: None
    Restriction: Must have Dark Flame activated
    Duration: 2 Sec
    Description: The user Blinks out of sight for a moment leaving a pillar of Dark flame where they once stood. then reappears in the flame guiding it into a cone in front of them dealing damage.

Name: Dark Flame Pulse
    Restriction: Must have Dark Flame Activated
    Duration: 1Sec. 3 secs for stunned.
    Description: The user lets out a Pulse of black flame that pushes away from the user creating a circle of fire. enemys caught around it are pushed back. enemys in the very center are stunned. It leaves a ring of black Fire for 8 sec that can damage anyone passing thought it for a bit of black fire damage.

Name: Dark Flame Blink
    Duration: Instant cast
    Description: User blinks away in the direction they were facing. When they reappear they're immune to CC for 0.5sec.
    The skill holds 3 charges and refills one charge every 15 seconds.

Name: Dark Flame Forward Strike
    Duration:
    Description: Strike with your weapon. a burst of dark flame strikes infront of you. 2-3 meters. dealing physical damage of the weapon (+Dark Flame Magic damage). this skill always crits.

Name: Dark Flame Crescent Slash
    Duration:
    Description: Strike with your weapon. a burst of dark flame strikes infront of you. 2-3 meters. dealing physical damage of the weapon (+Dark Flame Magic damage). this skill always crits.

Summon Harem
    Mana: Its all or nothing, baby.
    Restriction: Its costly, plus the right kind of protection is advised
    Duration: Can we have infinity?
    Description: Summons a harem of companions to your side. Give 100% debuff to both yourself and anyone in your near area as you are enthralled in activities. Being attacked by other players? No problem! Just summon your harem and spread the love with everyone!

Note: Enchancement: Thieving Harem. They steal other's goods for you!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

A lot of nice suggestions, hope they can finish the core of the game soon and let us play.

• Wiki Editor

I have updated skills i posted if anyone is interested.

@maze
    It would be nice to have more spells for hybrid builds since only spells that doesn't scale with INT rn are Protection from Fire, Protection from Poison, Cobweb, Blight, Paralyzing Touch and Minor Healing.
    Protections are defensive and highly situational. Cobweb wouldn't be useful for melee. Blight isn't useful at all for fight and Minor Healing can be replaced with bandages. Only interesting skill is Paralyzing Touch, they could do more touch spells like that.
    Problem is balancing then since normally spells scales with magic related attributes, which makes sense but they could could also makes skills which are paid with health like Second Wind or Endurance. Would you like it?

• Wiki Editor

@GorTavaro

In general I like the idea of having skills do a multitude of things.

and cost can be anywhere from
    common Mana, Life, Stamina
    or
    -Arrows
    -Mana Rocks/Runes

or very rare when using a skill the cost can be great
    -Durability hit to equipment
    -Long debuff timers 5 min to even hour (-10 int sorta deal or -3000 def)
    -Permanent debuff (a game I use to play had vampires curse: Skill was a 10 min buff +30% life steal on melee. but permanent life lose)

But back to the original thing. balance for some skills can be made up in utility. the spell damage might fall off but utility of it can always be good. scaling in this game should not be a big factor as we're around the set stats.

• Wiki Editor

@maze
    I was talking about scaling because most spell there is now scales damage with INT and if not they scale cooldown with INT like relocate for example so if you take it with hybrid where you don't have full int and you go vs mage you will be in disadvantage.

I would like to see lot of skills with alternative cost to make things more interesting. Maybe things like Berseker: your atk.spd. and atk. power are increased by x but your INT and CHA are decreased by z. Lot of players wouldn't mind running around with less intelligence than orc warrior and with charisma of rotting zombie if that would allowed them to go murder hobo on everything that moves even if their character would be so stupid they would fail to open a door 😁

I expect there will be spells with material cost in alteration school considering it's description.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If I'm not worng the number of speels you can memorize depends on your intellegence, right?

If so, how it is calculate?

1 inteligence = 1 spell?

I think everyone would like to know about this before create a character.

• Wiki Editor

@Rizzardi
    https://fractured.gamepedia.com/Attribute
    With Basic INT of 10 you have 20 memory, 18 INT = 28 memory, which is currently as high as you can go in character creation but you can further increase it but enchanting amulet, which currently should give you up to +2 with tier 2 enchant(in future there should be tier 3 available) and next text there will be talents which can give you +2.
    Reaching 20 in attribute will give some special bonus.
    Last info i had was that attributes are capped at 25.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Ty Tavaro, forgot to ready the most importante section of the game. ill "eat" the gamepedia.

@Rizzardi said in Skill Ideas:

If I'm not worng the number of speels you can memorize depends on your intellegence, right?

If so, how it is calculate?

1 inteligence = 1 spell?

I think everyone would like to know about this before create a character.

Max Skills are detremined by: 10+INT.

@GorTavaro Keep in mind that only the natural base INT score matters in determining the max skills able to be memorized. Increasing your INT with enchantments only raises your Skill Powers based on INT and not your Max number of skills able to be memorized.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured