What we could craft from the glass?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Prometheus mentioned glass as one of the crafting products in the last Q&A video. I have actually hoped to see a glass used in MMO games but I have not personally seen this happen before. We know that the main resource for glass is going to be sand but I presume we are going to see some secondary ingredients (e.g. coal, iron, gold or other metals) to create different kind of glass variations.

Anyhow, what kind of glass products you guys presume we are going to see or what are your hopes and expectations? I presume glass is used to make bottles and vials for potions because it would be quite obvious solution. However, I would like to see glass used to make especially orbs. I have hoped to see orbs as a main weapon of choise but I would be satisfied with off-hands as well. In addition, glass could be used as parts of staffs or jewelry for example.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Since you've mentioned sand, I take you mean silicate glass, which is most likely going to feature chiefly in building homes (windows) and furniture.

There are other "glasses" as well that are not silicate, such as malachite (copper) and obsidian, which many fantasy settings employ for weapons or armor. Elder Scrolls has been using both since Morrowind.

I also assume bottles and vials for cooking or alchemy purposes.
    Maybe trinkets like hour glasses, magnifying glasses, telescopes, aquariums, pipes, mirrors and other innovations that could be nice to look at or useable in some way πŸ™‚

Maybe parts in traps containing different liquid or gas compounds?

I assume for jewelry and staffs it would be more interesting to use crystals and gems, but maybe some basic ones could use glass as well.

• Vials of blood for blood demons hopefully πŸ˜› maybe statues for swag, possibly making tinted windows ect for houses

crafting glass will be interesting as that item is a 'go to vendor and buy'.

Dragon glass...

...will say nothing more. πŸ˜‰

@Gothix said in What we could craft from the glass?:

Dragon glass...

How it works in Fractured? Kills demons instantly? πŸ˜‰

@FibS said in What we could craft from the glass?:

Since you've mentioned sand, I take you mean silicate glass, which is most likely going to feature chiefly in building homes (windows) and furniture.

There are other "glasses" as well that are not silicate, such as malachite (copper) and obsidian, which many fantasy settings employ for weapons or armor. Elder Scrolls has been using both since Morrowind.

It would be good option to use glass in house windows especially in the luxus ones which needs more effort and resources at first place. I have also seen how obsidian is used in other games to craft weapons and armors and I guess it would be at least good extra ingredient in better or more rare gear.

@Tuoni said in What we could craft from the glass?:

Dragon glass...

Or perhaps the white beasts. πŸ˜‰

Dragon glass...

Or perhaps the white beasts. πŸ˜‰

I am fine with both.

@Mudz said in What we could craft from the glass?:

I also assume bottles and vials for cooking or alchemy purposes.
    Maybe trinkets like hour glasses, magnifying glasses, telescopes, aquariums, pipes, mirrors and other innovations that could be nice to look at or useable in some way πŸ™‚

Maybe parts in traps containing different liquid or gas compounds?

I assume for jewelry and staffs it would be more interesting to use crystals and gems, but maybe some basic ones could use glass as well.

Jewelry is one good option where glass could be used.

That telescope suggestion made me wonder, that there could be a spyglass item which can be used in open world to somehow detect other players from distance. πŸ€” It could utilize minimap or show which way someone is approaching. Different tier spyglasses have different perception distance and accuracy.

Prometheus mentioned glass as one of the crafting products in the last Q&A video. I have actually hoped to see a glass used in MMO games but I have not personally seen this happen before. We know that the main resource for glass is going to be sand but I presume we are going to see some secondary ingredients (e.g. coal, iron, gold or other metals) to create different kind of glass variations.

Anyhow, what kind of glass products you guys presume we are going to see or what are your hopes and expectations? I presume glass is used to make bottles and vials for potions because it would be quite obvious solution. However, I would like to see glass used to make especially orbs. I have hoped to see orbs as a main weapon of choise but I would be satisfied with off-hands as well. In addition, glass could be used as parts of staffs or jewelry for example.

Glass is a precursor to Alchemy.

You need to create Vials?
    Empty Bottles For Potions.
    Flasks? Small, Medium and Large Sized.
    Hourglass
    Perhaps even glass components to wizard staffs or decorative windows/stained glass for cathedrals. They spoke of 'status points' for certain buildings and maybe glass making is a required component of this.

This is just a guess of course but I feel it is a very logical/realistic guess on my part.

Cheers

If they take away from UO it was used in house decorations such as vases.

• material to build greenhouses, that are mandatory if you want to grow certain plants near your house, rather then having to go to another climate zone to look for them.
    • housing, material used in profession to build furniture
    • material used to craft weapons, glass arrowheads, made out of glass with special properties, add different effects to projectiles, glass as material used in crafting other tools, either for combat or for some professions
    • glasses and bottles for use in taverns
    • marbles for falling traps
    • magnifying glass, a multi use tool used for some professions, and to start a fire for campsite (in conjunction with rocks and wood of course)

@Gothix These all things you know about or things you are projecting?

@Gothix I really like the greenhouse idea which could made the farming more effective in general and even create a different climate to farm crops what you usually cannot in your planet.

Also a glass fragment trap would be a good option and perhaps it could cut the victim, slow down for a short period and cause a moderate bleed DoT.

@Farlander I'm just speculating, and throwing around ideas. πŸ™‚

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Skyrim had armour that was crafted from glass and was the 2nd highest tier of armour in the game. Although it’s not a material that you’d expect to be used as armour it actually looked impressive.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Razvan Yea it’s been a while since I’ve played Skyrim just remember there being armour which was glass.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured