The community in Fractured is amazing

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hey all,

I had to make a post on this in hopes the people who did it see it and know Im super grateful.
    I started fractured cause it looked like the type of game I could get behind. Crafting, not being forced to PvP, and can be a merchant with my own land. Its been rough with the quarantine, on top of my aunt passing in NY due to the Rona. I logged off yesterday cause mentally I just couldn't deal with things.

Log back in Today and a son of a gun named "Stillborne" completed my entire house, not the small one, the large house with the patio. Its something small but my God, Thank you man, and whoever else helped. Yall have no idea how much that helped brighten my day. I expanded my pledge to the second highest, why? Cause I support a community like this. Not toxic, helpful, and all in all just chill.

Thanks again guys, and Thanks devs for making a game we can get behind.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Blackmoore1989 - first off, SO sorry to hear about your aunt! Too too many lost, esp in NYC ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ•Š

Second, KUDOS to the players who showed solidarity and helpfulness ๐Ÿ† โฃ

My guess about why the community gathering here is so cool is that when the devs set up a game in a way designed to limit or eliminate the P2W aspect, they spared us/themselves a LOT of jerques as well as people who don't suffer them gladly. I've noticed that often in the forum.

There will always be jerques, but the %age goes way down when you eliminate the segment of the population with more $$ than sense ๐Ÿ˜‰
    #Solidarity from Tacoma WA ๐Ÿ–– โ˜ฎ

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Sorry to hear about your family member. Hope you are doing well. The community is pretty positive considering it is a PVP game. I hope it stays that way once PVP is released!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Whisper said in The community in Fractured is amazing:

Sorry to hear about your family member. Hope you are doing well. The community is pretty positive considering it is a PVP game. I hope it stays that way once PVP is released!

It will really depend on which world you will play on or what race you pick.

Don't think things will be so rosy in Tartaros.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
    I agree, I'm hoping it doesn't change but even then we just gotta do more to keep it this way.
    Trust I wont be on Tartaros lol, Im a merchant and crafter first.

Unfortunately as more people learn of the game and when it's testable 24/7, the trolls and toxic people will show themselves.

But it's always good to have a great community until then.

• Wiki Editor

Yes indeed @Jetah
    Buuut on the other hand, we can do something to not to give them a too big voice.
    If we are strong, they will be weak ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Belligero said in The community in Fractured is amazing:

Don't think things will be so rosy in Tartaros.

I'm really looking forward to giving Tartaros a go, and really hoping it doesn't just degenerate into a pit of griefers... But if it does, I can always elect to turn Angel and hang out somewhere else. ๐Ÿ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

A bit optimistic, I'd say.

If turning Angel or Abomination is as difficult and arduous as the developers make it out to be, let's just hope you don't get discouraged before then.

But it's good to be positive.

@Kralith said in The community in Fractured is amazing:

Yes indeed @Jetah
    Buuut on the other hand, we can do something to not to give them a too big voice.
    If we are strong, they will be weak ๐Ÿ˜‰

Someone wise once said, you can not break a stick in a bundle.

So don't fight trolls alone! Group up on them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@KairosVal Turning Demon -> Angel, last time I looked into it, was planned to be very difficult. You may want to start with human or beastman so you can hang out on Syndesia - griefers will want to avoid it because griefing has consequences.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Also note the following from CHARACTER CREATION, ATTRIBUTES AND RESTING:

STRENGTH

Strength is a measure of the raw physical power of your character, determining how hard it can hit with melee attacks, how much weight it can carry, its base armor rating, its ability to intimidate other creatures and to break objects. It also grants a significant bonus to maximum life, and is used as a requirement to equip heavy armors and weapons.

Reaching a Strength score of 20 gives the character a unique powerful boost to melee damage.

Strength is the main attribute for heavy melee hitters that want to deal the highest damage in the game, being able to double-wield large weapons or hold massive 2-handed ones.

A character heavily focused on Strength wants to end a fight as quickly as possible with a small amount of devastating hits, stunning and knocking down its opponents, especially as it often lacks the physical and mental resources to sustain lengthy battles.

And:

CONSTITUTION

Constitution is a measure of the physique and endurance of a character, determining its natural resistance to poisons and natural elements, how much it can carry and the response of its body to potions. It also determines its maximum amount of Life.

Reaching a Constitution score of 20 gives the character the ability to slowly regenerate Life over time without external intervention.

Given the impact of Constitution on the resilience of your character, itโ€™s also recommended you donโ€™t lower it too much, unless youโ€™re planning to be able to defend yourself otherwise through magical means.

Fighters willing to enhance their powers with alchemical concoctions also benefit significantly from a high Constitution score, which not only increases the effect and duration of most potions, but also grants the character a natural resistance to the negative side effects of the most powerful ones.

To my reading there's some overlap between Strength and Constituion. That... Actually feels not-entirely-terrible to me.

I'm planning my first PC to be a super-strong melee focused Hellfire Demon. Suppose that Strength was purely offensive and Constitution purely defensive. If I wanted to be able to get into melee range and not die instantly, my character would need to be very high in both strength and constitution. By having strength do some of the heavy lifting of survivability, it means that I can make a decision about whether or not to be (for example) a half-tanky fighter that picks up some intelligence for fire-based abilities (because Hellfire demon) or if I want to double down onthe benefits of high strength and high constitution. It gives a bit more flexibility and the "optimal build" is less obvious.

But it's also worth noticing that potions/alchemy haven't really been implemented yet. No idea if it's been dropped on the cutting room floor or not at this stage, but even so: It's a little premature to stress about game balance between the attributes when not all the features related to those attributes are implemented yet.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured