To the Blessed Beasts and the Demonic Damned, are you going to strive to become their karmic counter-part?

• I was thinking of doing this as a personal side quest along the way as I got 100% knowledge and was wondering if there were others out there. And the potential ways of going about this change.

• Wiki Editor

@WanderingShadow I am curious about this way and its implementation.
    I think you forget, that there will not just be Angels and Abominations, but also Lichs. 😉
    I am very sure, that changing your Karma is not just a side project, but a very interesting path you can go with your Character.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Kralith
    Hold up I havent heard of these abominations and liches (im new) Is there somewhere to read about these things?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@SicariusAnatar if you are new i'll stress you to read ALL the news in the news section of the mainpage, lots of info there 😉

https://fracturedmmo.com/news/

@SicariusAnatar
    The wiki might be a good place too, but it is a little outdated I think.

Still, you can gather this kind of information from there https://fractured.gamepedia.com/Abomination

About the main discussion:

I intend on having one of each, still not sure exactly how I am gonna do this XD

• One angel that will either be a tank or a DPS based in attack speed, dagger probably
    • One Abomination that will be my main PVP guy (I am not a pvper... but will have this for when needed)
    • One Lich, that will be Good or Neutral, will avoid Evil as much as possible. Will be a necromancer/animal control/ minion kind of mage

I have no idea how much time I will need for creating all of those though heh

• Wiki Editor

@egonaraujo haha, indeed, at the end we will probably have all of them.
    A nice long time motivation 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I have read a bit about that and plan to do the same

One might pay another guy to grind for...

Oh no, that's against the TOS... scratch that! 😄

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@SicariusAnatar

To summarize:

• Beastmen start out on Arboreus as good-aligned
    • Demons start out on Tartarus as evil-aligned
    • Humans start out on Syndesia as neutral

• Beastmen who become evil become Abominations and are, in most regards, Demons
    • Demons who become good become Angels and are, in most regards, Beastmen. (What kind of Demon you picked determines what kind of Angel you are.)
    • Thanks to meeting a stretch goal, Humans can become Liches, but last I checked the exact system for this was not finalized

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@FibS said in To the Blessed Beasts and the Demonic Damned, are you going to strive to become their karmic counter-part?:

@SicariusAnatar

To summarize:

• Beastmen start out on Arboreus as good-aligned
    • Demons start out on Tartarus as evil-aligned
    • Humans start out on Syndesia as neutral

• Beastmen who become evil become Abominations and are, in most regards, Demons
    • Demons who become good become Angels and are, in most regards, Beastmen. (What kind of Demon you picked determines what kind of Angel you are.)
    • Thanks to meeting a stretch goal, Humans can become Liches, but last I checked the exact system for this was not finalized

Only two things to add in to that excellent summary:

1. Making the switch in each case is likely to involve a quest line, probably a divine one from a god's temple.
    2. It isn't obvious if Angels will be restricted to either Arboreus or Syndesia, or if they'll have the flexibility to live on either one.

But as FibS said, the exact mechanics for these transformations aren't finalized. We don't have a lot of official information outside of the 2018 Design Document about PVP, ALIGNMENT & CRIME. But even if we did have a detailed game design document for it, that document would almost certainly change between now and release anyway.

Back to the OP: I'm planning to play a demon, and I'd prefer to stay a demon. Raiding Syndesia during an eclipse just sounds too damn fun. The only thing that'll change that is if Tartaros becomes a pit of griefers. PvP != griefing. I'm pretty sure that the city/town/guild system wil make cooperation beneficial enough that it won't happen too badly. But if it does become an issue that I can't fix by just relocating to a different town, guild or continent, then I'll do the redemption arc thing instead.

Humans, who are initially neutral, can stay neutral, but can also go both evil or good.
    Liches can remain neutral, but also go both good and evil.

Starting allignment of a lich will remain same as human player had just before he transformed.

Angels will have stat changes when they transform.
    Abominations will have stat changes when they transform.
    Liches will get stat changes when they transform.

Stats don't just when your alignment changes, they only change once when your body form transforms.
    Transformations are, for now, irreversable!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured