How big should guilds allowed to be?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Heartlock said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

Disagree, Love the pills

appetizers can only fill you so far. the spotlights are filling.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Jetah Love the pills, but would also love some deeper design journals as well.

I don't hang out in discord so I musty be missing quite a bit of ideas. Would be nice if more of the intended content made it to the forums. Thanks for posting 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

So how do we get this game back on track with friendly fire? Seems extremely broken otherwise, and kind of weird that they changed stances.

It is something that really should have been part of an official post (and maybe it was, and I just missed it)... Not a comment on a forum post about an alpha video 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

IMO: 50 members max in each guild with a last online tracker so we can keep it updated with active members. Alliances can have 3 Guilds within them. Friendly fire should not affect guild members but should damage alliance members to avoid zergs.

Side note: Parties should have a max of 10

Again, all IMO.

Thx,

HolyDragon

• @Mr14taz
    Hope you read the thread past first page. At some point the devs stated the guilds will have no limits and there's no FF, but this can change.

PS: Weren't you HolyDragonesse in the game?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Razvan Sup Raz and yes. I played as HolyDragoness last test. I know they said that but they also said at the moment or at the present time. Either way, they hinted they may change it. I'm just answering the OP (original poster) and giving my 2 cents. I did type IMO which means in my opinion. No biggy. Looking forward to the next test. Im going to get the pack that allows me in Beta 1. The other pack is way too expensive, IMO. ;-0.

50 is imho too low, because it doesn't allow gaming communities to play together, and that would be a huge limitation.
    I'm all up for anti zerg limitations, but not by switching to extreme on another side and only allow small guilds to exist.

Somewhere between 100-150 would be a decent number if there will be limitation.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I'm still of the opinion that having artificial limits does nothing more than cause sister guilds and scheduling nightmares.

@Pluto they should deal with nightmares like that if they just want to zerg mindless 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I respect your opinion @Gothix. I just feel like most guilds usually end up with 200 members in guild with 5 online. I've ran so many in my time and I feel I have a good grasp on this subject. Not that anyone else doesn't!!! I can see 100 Max working as well since that was usually my limit in the past in many other games. I guess I was thinking about the last test, the world size and players in game. I just want to try to minimize zergs as most of you do. I need to play the game more I guess.

Now @Pluto, If there were limits, it would separate them for friendly fire. So these AOEs and mistaken wild shots could hurt your alliance members. I truly understand and agree 100% on what you're saying. Guilds will make sister guilds. There is nothing we can do about that. Yes we all need to invent a way to avoid all of this. I think friendly fire will help some but I am sure that's not the solution. Anything else you like to contribute as a part of a solution would be helpful.

So I would still vote for 50 and keep your guilds active by removing inactive players. If you have more than 50 genuinely active (plays more than once a week) members, make that alliance. If you have over 150 ACTIVE members, good for you! 🙂 You're doing something that most aren't. Keep it up! Maybe form a second alliance? Maybe even a Good Alliance and an Evil one? That's 300 members!!!

Either way this goes guys, we shouldn't argue about it, not that we are but, imo, they are going to do what they want to do anyways. We will play the game if they had 25 members max or unlimited. Sharing opinions will hopefully give them something to think about but I am sure they already have their format and will go with that.

HolyDragon

• I know it's settled so far, but I'd also want a bunch of small guilds instead of Albion-style mega alliances, with one thing: all characters that share the same account should count as one spot in a guild.

even albion rolled back that decission now and put a cap of 300 (i think) in for testing 😄

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

That's what i'm thinking aswell, on the mmo i've been playing for the longest (Dofus) guilds can fight eachother, but it has no real meaningful impact, usually big stuff is reserved for alliances and AvAs. Guilds are somewhere from 10-200 people depending on the level of the guild, and that seems like a pretty interesting way of managing guild sizes, the more people you want to get in your guild, the higher level your guild must be, but being this game won't have a leveling system per se, it could use guild knowledge to level up or something like that

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

100, you want to encourage diversity, not have like 5 big guilds everyone in the server are a member.

I would just like to see a good guild management system. One that won't break when the size of the guild gets too large, ability to assign officers to aid in helping with management, and maybe server goals based on guild participation. Guilds should be more than just adding a guild identifier to your name.

@Farlander brings up a good point. at some point a guild requires better management tools. is DS willing to create them to support large guilds?

i'd prefer to have 100 max and let mega-guilds just create more sister guilds.

i dont want a planet to have 1 guild so that friendly fire doesn't work on them during an invasion. imagine demons joining a guild during an invasion!!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

YES!!! Please allow us to have more tools than 3 ranks, invite and kick! Make sure to add a WORKING "last online" tab so we can kick inactive members!!! PLEASE!

That's a bit offtopic and i believe they'll put in a good managment system, not all devs are such trolls like sandbox interactive 😛

• @Shivashanti said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

That's a bit offtopic and i believe they'll put in a good managment system, not all devs are such trolls like sandbox interactive 😛

Why do you bash SBI with every opportunity? It's kind of weird especially when you consider that their game is quite detailed from this point of view. They got:

• last time a user has been online;
    • 1week/ 2weeks/ lifetime logs for how much each member farmed, how much pvp fame they got, how much they contributed to the guild in silver,/gold/energy, which can be exported to excel.
    • tax system for guild members
    • storage access rights (no access / deposit items / deposit & withdraw items / give rights to others) with a detailed log about who took or deposited and what were those items which can again be exported to excel
    • guild islands, which together with the above makes item donations and player regears smooth
    • guild rights management with a lot more options than invite/kick

I think all those stuff are quite awesome and hope Fractured is going to have them as well.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured