Adding Camera Options?

• Would it be possible to add several camera angle options? A 3rd person view zoomed out abit would be nice for example.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It's designed as an top down mmo, i don't think we get that at all 😄

• Community Manager

@Van1shment Zooming in and out is already possible. It won't be possible to rotate the camera because all the models are designed to be viewed from this one angle.

@Van1shment said in Adding Camera Options?:

Would it be possible to add several camera angle options? A 3rd person view zoomed out abit would be nice for example.

isometric view.

• I would love a different camera angle. My neck cannot handle this looking from the sky. I prefer 1st person and a larger view area. By the time I see any enemies they are already within striking range. This may be a game killer for me.

@Penetrate said in Adding Camera Options?:

I would love a different camera angle. My neck cannot handle this looking from the sky. I prefer 1st person and a larger view area. By the time I see any enemies they are already within striking range. This may be a game killer for me.

sounds like ARPG genre isn't for you. this whole genre is around the idea of a static camera angle.

@Penetrate said in Adding Camera Options?:

By the time I see any enemies they are already within striking range.

But its like that for everyone else as well. 1st person view with a limited player display range would have same effect.

This game is not meant to be played in a way so people can spot enemies miles away and then run away. It's a full loot MMO and people are meant to be killed and looted.

If not being able to see danger from miles away is a "game killer" for you, then it's unfortunate, but that's how it is.

One way to deal with it is to play a beast men on Arboreus, then you will not have to worry about not spotting hostile players.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'd like to see some an alternative too. Even just one, or a limited range. Or just adjust it down slightly. It needs to give a little bit of a wider "front" angle for me, for comfort level. It's not about seeing enemies or anything.

• Wiki Editor

Taking into the account of the viewing object for the game being static and effected by skills and other things.

There also reducing rendering, and other effects with a static camera, being able to keep object's semi 2D instead of having to fully craft ever side of a building and so on.

what I would like if anything~ is the ability to extend the viewing distance to a bit south. that way I have sorta the same vision distance south as I do north.

the genre has a fixed camera. at best, you get a zoom option on your character.

those that travel N to S (or verse) have advantages/disadvantages with view range. it's just how the genre is.

• There also reducing rendering, and other effects with a static camera, being able to keep object's semi 2D instead of having to fully craft ever side of a building and so on.

The game is made with unity's renderer and I guarantee you that everything is 3D and not 2D (isometric) sprites. It was obvious before, but if you weren't sure, the enchanting table texture bug should have settled this. The side of the building thing is not a big issue because you can pretty much copy-paste most of the content from the other side.
    This doesn't mean anything bad about the game. The isometric view is a design decision and I like it.

what I would like if anything~ is the ability to extend the viewing distance to a bit south. that way I have sorta the same vision distance south as I do north.

If you tilt the camera forward, you will see more behind and less in front of you, if you tilt it backward, you will see more in front of you and less behind. It's always a tradeoff between the two with the perfect balance being a camera perpendicular to the ground (you get a 2d view, such as in GTA2).

edit: Another solution to achieve an equal top-bottom viewing range without changing the camera angle is to move the camera focus a bit down compared to the character. This would actually make sense because with the current camera, the zerg who is south has viewing range advantage.

@Razvan

everything is 3d but they dont have to finish the whole object. they only have to finish 3 sides plus the top. literally just the back side doesn't have to be finished, which isn't much. if they decide to rotate any object then they may want to complete the whole thing.

• @Jetah
    I highly doubt that's the reasoning since for most of the objects it takes less than a minute to complete the 4th side just by mirroring one of the existing ones. It's a design decision.

@Razvan

design decision

right. the game is isometric. it wont have any other camera angles, it wont be first person, it wont be 3rd person. it wont rotate (ive asked about this one). it's a design decision to maintain the isometric camera spot.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured