Next test phase

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Pluto said in Next test phase:

@Pwnstar said in Next test phase:

@Pluto So you're going with "stop coding and do it themselves". Hmmmm.

It’s like you didn’t read a thing I said. Nice.

Suppose I can’t argue with someone like that haha 😉

lol, there are a few forum members that seem to do that. Read only half the post (if that) and reply to it.

@Xzait said in Next test phase:

@Pwnstar said in Next test phase:

@Pluto So you're going with "stop coding and do it themselves". Hmmmm.

It’s like you didn’t read a thing I said. Nice.

Suppose I can’t argue with someone like that haha 😉

lol, there are a few forum members that seem to do that. Read only half the post (if that) and reply to it.

Seem to do what?

• Community Manager

@Jetah As I've mentioned before, Znirf is currently on vacation. The devs did mention they were going to be at Milan Games Week on Instagram. I agree that this should have been communicated to the forum and other social media as well. I shall discuss it with Prometheus.

@Specter said in Next test phase:

@Jetah As I've mentioned before, Znirf is currently on vacation. The devs did mention they were going to be at Milan Games Week on Instagram. I agree that this should have been communicated to the forum and other social media as well. I shall discuss it with Prometheus.

I'm not on Instagram but am backed on Kickstarter and get emails from updates. I understand people take vacations but having some material created and ready to release while they're away is a great way to still maintain communications.

I agree that this should have been communicated to the forum and other social media as well.

I just hate being one person to keep reminding DS that communications needs to happen. I'm not asking for a daily report but monthly is fine.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Specter Yeah, anytime communication happens... it needs to happen on as many platforms as possible.

I've seen this with many game studios, where they just post on one, and then wonder why people didn't know. The simple truth is that people aren't going to follow every platform, some people won't even use some of the platforms, and limiting information outreach is just a negative for studios. The few minutes to copy that to other places has a big impact on the connection to people.

It is basically a classic blunder that even veteran studios have problems with... there is no harm, though, in taking the effort to fix it.

Once these forums opened up I haven't tried to follow the game anywhere else. I know alot of backers often complain that devs don't continue to post on their kickstarter. I think a post on the kickstarter news that all info will be posted at X location should be sufficient to direct people where they want to go.

@Farlander said in Next test phase:

Once these forums opened up I haven't tried to follow the game anywhere else. I know alot of backers often complain that devs don't continue to post on their kickstarter. I think a post on the kickstarter news that all info will be posted at X location should be sufficient to direct people where they want to go.

I've seen plenty of 1-2 paragraphs then a link to the developer forums/news for the rest of it. that's even fine.

@Jairone said in Next test phase:

@Specter Yeah, anytime communication happens... it needs to happen on as many platforms as possible.

I've seen this with many game studios, where they just post on one, and then wonder why people didn't know. The simple truth is that people aren't going to follow every platform, some people won't even use some of the platforms, and limiting information outreach is just a negative for studios. The few minutes to copy that to other places has a big impact on the connection to people.

It is basically a classic blunder that even veteran studios have problems with... there is no harm, though, in taking the effort to fix it.

This is a really good point and I hope devs will concider to use next time all the platforms they have in use.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Yep, that’s one thing that bothers me about the future. Studios are really trying to push social media integration, and sometimes they forget about the more classical avenues. As someone who doesn’t really use social media, I miss out on a lot of info and it’s a shame.

Yep, that’s one thing that bothers me about the future. Studios are really trying to push social media integration, and sometimes they forget about the more classical avenues. As someone who doesn’t really use social media, I miss out on a lot of info and it’s a shame.

I'd say Twitter is a good one to have, at least just follow the studio's.

• Community Manager

Alright, another update:

• Znirf is back so we should be hearing from him again soon.
    • Dynamight recently promoted a part-time developer to full-time, so they now have two full-time developers instead of one part-time and one full-time developer. In a way they're still growing. 🙂 No worries there.
    • They're almost done porting. Prometheus hopes to have Fractured running again on the new version tomorrow. Apparently SpatialOS made more changes to the code on their end than the devs expected, increasing the time it took to port Fractured considerably. As an added bonus, the new version also ended up fixing a few bugs.

@Specter said in Next test phase:

Alright, another update:

• Znirf is back so we should be hearing from him again soon.
    • Dynamight recently promoted a part-time developer to full-time, so they now have two full-time developers instead of one part-time and one full-time developer. In a way they're still growing. 🙂 No worries there.
    • They're almost done porting. Prometheus hopes to have Fractured running again on the new version tomorrow. Apparently SpatialOS made more changes to the code on their end than the devs expected, increasing the time it took to port Fractured considerably. As an added bonus, the new version also ended up fixing a few bugs.

sounds like that could be a neat update >.>

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Specter Thanks for update! Like the news about 2 full time devs now and info on porting!

• Very exciting news in this thread, I'm glad I revisited it. 😄

@Specter Thanks, that was an awesome update!

Thank you for the update. These little tidbits are great.

Thanks for the update.

Now how about getting Rumplebuttskin some help on those capes, eh? My back is getting cold from lack of fabric, and no matter how many layers of clothes I put on, my back demands both comfort and capey style...

@Aurellas said in Next test phase:

Thanks for the update.

Now how about getting Rumplebuttskin some help on those capes, eh? My back is getting cold from lack of fabric, and no matter how many layers of clothes I put on, my back demands both comfort and capey style...

Maybe you should stop shaving your back, and let nature takes care of it

@Specter Thanks for the update, a couple additional questions.

Any ETA on the developer forums and the monthly Q&A video that was promised to certain backers?

Thanks

• Community Manager

@Jimbolini According to Znirf, the devs hope to deal with it this month, but they can't make any promises. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured