Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I always imagined some mmo, where you could only gain in game gold by doing a challenging group content (that includes group tactics and isn't easy to do). Outside of group content, you could still craft and stuff, but you would need mats and gold from group content to do that.

If you were a solo player and didn't wish do a group content, you could still be a crafter, and accept mats and gold from other people (as a fee) to craft for them.

In this way bots couldn't just randomly farm mobs or do automatized mundane tasks to farm gold. Of course, there could still be "live players" that farm gold for living... but at least bots would be dealt with.

@Gothix said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

I always imagined some mmo, where you could only gain in game gold by doing a challenging group content (that includes group tactics and isn't easy to do). Outside of group content, you could still craft and stuff, but you would need mats and gold from group content to do that.

If you were a solo player and didn't wish do a group content, you could still be a crafter, and accept mats and gold from other people (as a fee) to craft for them.

In this way bots couldn't just randomly farm mobs or do automatized mundane tasks to farm gold. Of course, there could still be "live players" that farm gold for living... but at least bots would be dealt with.

so you're saying if you want to solo you have craft? you can't solo chop a tree, you'd need a group. you can't solo pick flowers for potions, you'd need a group. if you wanted cotton, need a 40 person raid for the flowers.

come on.

only true way to stop bots are to prevent trading. then you have to prevent account sharing. there's always a way to pay someone else to get the things you want.

I know it's a mmo but I do still like to solo from time to time. I hate grouping with people I don't know especially via some "looking for group" function. I work odd hours so I'm not always able to group with people I know so instead of doing random grouping I just solo.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i bet there will be some anticheat security soft added 😉

@Farlander said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

I know it's a mmo but I do still like to solo from time to time. I hate grouping with people I don't know especially via some "looking for group" function. I work odd hours so I'm not always able to group with people I know so instead of doing random grouping I just solo.

Same I like soloing, and if everything needs to be in groups the bots will just run 10/20 bots at a time in a grp

@Xzoviac said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

Same I like soloing, and if everything needs to be in groups the bots will just run 10/20 bots at a time in a grp

Not if it requires tactics like dungeons do. 😉

Intelligent CC, boss aoe mechanics that need to be avoided, other tactics...

Of course problem with this would be with people that like to solo. They couldn't gather mats, so they would need to be crafters and offer other services in order to trade with people who do group content.

But as long as MMO has "solo content" it will also have a "bot content"... because solo = "bot able"... this is simply how it is.

Not if it requires tactics like dungeons do. 😉

Intelligent CC, boss aoe mechanics that need to be avoided, other tactics...

Of course problem with this would be with people that like to solo. They couldn't gather mats, so they would need to be crafters and offer other services in order to trade with people who do group content.

But as long as MMO has "solo content" it will also have a "bot content"... because solo = "bot able"... this is simply how it is.

Iv played with bots in diablo 2 that dodge aoes can track boss mechanics and predict monster movment bots can even tell aoe circles and move out (faster then a human can react)

They even tried to randomly generate maps in diablo 3 to stop the bots being able to move around the maps, they just made the bots able to see, so it knew what puzzle block of the map it was on

If the programmer is good enough bots can do anything, have you seen the machine learning they built to play dota 2?
    It got so good it could beat all the best players in the world lol

@Xzoviac

this is what people dont understand about bots. there isn't a genre they can't handle.

OFC there will be an system to prevent hacking/cheating/botting tell me ONE mmorpg that doesnt have a system to prevent hacking/cheating/botting... some of the games have better systems than others but all of them have a system to prevent hacking/cheating/botting... I remember one game where the anti botting system was a huge monster that spawned and 1 hit killed the bots, that was cool because we could SEE it happening and worked as a deterrent.

@Jetah said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

there isn't a genre they can't handle.

I generally agree with you, but I felt that I had to include something. Communication is out of reach so far (not for long, but right now it is). A ML/AI ha yet to pass the Turing test.

@Logain said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

Turing test.

This was 2 years ago, so its likely even better now, dunno if it Truly understands human speech and responds, appropriately, but the people on the other end of the phone , definitely did not know that they where speaking to a robot

A ML/AI ha yet to pass the Turing test.

I have fooled my wife over 30 years now, Turing test would be a walk in the park ☺

@Yitra said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

I have fooled my wife over 30 years now, Turing test would be a walk in the park ☺

you saying your a AI?

There would be one system to prevent botting, but it's so rigid that would severely lower real player population as well so gaming companies do not use it.

System:

Require EVERYONE to create an account using credit card (real info read). Even if game is not subscription.

Whenever someone cheats / hacks / exploits / uses a BOT -- ban that person (through his credit card info). Now this person can no longer make a new account ever, not using other credit card, not in any way (unless he goes to police and changes his name, and people can't just do that every day, and 99% wouldn't anyway even if they could).

That way would prevent botting for sure, as once botter is banned, he can no longer come with a new account.

However this would also deter all the players who want to play anonymously from playing the game, and of course it's why gaming companies will never use that since they do not wish to cut their profits by reducing amount of players that will play their game. 🙂

Gladly there are companies who offers anti-cheating & anti-botting protection for gaming companies if they need some help.

There would be one system to prevent botting, but it's so rigid that would severely lower real player population as well so gaming companies do not use it.

System:

Require EVERYONE to create an account using credit card (real info read). Even if game is not subscription.

Whenever someone cheats / hacks / exploits / uses a BOT -- ban that person (through his credit card info). Now this person can no longer make a new account ever, not using other credit card, not in any way (unless he goes to police and changes his name, and people can't just do that every day, and 99% wouldn't anyway even if they could).

That way would prevent botting for sure, as once botter is banned, he can no longer come with a new account.

However this would also deter all the players who want to play anonymously from playing the game, and of course it's why gaming companies will never use that since they do not wish to cut their profits by reducing amount of players that will play their game. 🙂

Dont the chinese have this system, they have to register using a ID and mobile number connected, those games still have bots?

Iv even got on chinese games newgameway, and gold seller bots commonly steal credit card info to buy accounts so they will just use said info to make the accounts too.

It would work against normal cheaters, but not the gold sellers I dont think

@Yitra said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

you saying your a AI?

More A then I

@Gothix

credit cards are easy to get.

the gov ID would be better but even those can be forged. unless the company does a KYC it's easy to bypass.

System:

Not putting any points others have mentioned towards this... This would cause issues for families that play together. Sure, the parents could make their own accounts, but what if it is a single mum with 2 children and all 3 want to be able to play?

And then, if it is possible for a parent to get their child a credit card... if the child gets banned for cheating... will it be temporary because they are an immature little kid... or will it be permanent, even after they grow up and mature, and potentially grow out of doing that sort of thing? (coz using a credit card, it would in effect be age verification as well)

That wouldn't work because there are things called virtual credit cards now.

https://privacy.com/

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured