People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Tuoni Right!?

You'll notice that DS is keeping quiet about the situation. There might be some conspiracy but I can't say for sure. I just think all these rumors about Capes need to quiet down. These topics come up too frequently, and I'm sure DS will talk about it when they are ready to start the kickstarter for capes.

But I know for an unverified and unsubstantiated fact that we are getting news soon.

@Aurellas said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

You'll notice that DS is keeping quiet about the situation.

Silence is proof! Twitter told me so.

Didn't I read during the last alpha that players were finding items that increased stats? I thought I saw someone posted an increase in the range of 4-6. When stats cap at 18 (I believe) 6 would be a significant increase. I haven't seen how bonuses scale but I would think someone with all stats at 18 from items would do alot better than someone right out of the gate. I just don't see how the game is going to equalize a player that has capped all their knowledge and gear and still have a player newly created able to beat them. If that is possible I don't see how the game is going to hold interest for players who want to see improvements in their characters. You will basically never improve if the achievements are so small to not matter from your initial character creation.

@Farlander said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

Didn't I read during the last alpha that players were finding items that increased stats? I thought I saw someone posted an increase in the range of 4-6. When stats cap at 18 (I believe) 6 would be a significant increase. I haven't seen how bonuses scale but I would think someone with all stats at 18 from items would do alot better than someone right out of the gate. I just don't see how the game is going to equalize a player that has capped all their knowledge and gear and still have a player newly created able to beat them. If that is possible I don't see how the game is going to hold interest for players who want to see improvements in their characters. You will basically never improve if the achievements are so small to not matter from your initial character creation.

It was one of the cloth armour you could make yourself. IIRC it took me only 1-2 hours before I was able to make them. Stat increase was on INT (caster).

Developers have stated earlier that the max increase you can get will be +5 at live, which is indeed significant in relation to max start of 18 (for humans, demon and beastling have higher/lower stat at start depending on subclass), but getting it in the first 2 hours of gameplay makes it very easy accesible and counts as right out of the gate to me 🙂

@Farlander said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

Didn't I read during the last alpha that players were finding items that increased stats?

Right, which is why I said the guy who claimed we are viable from the instant we start is wrong. Gear increases stats and you have to buy/make/find it first.

@Farlander regardless of the gear increasing stats, it wouldnt make sense if you were just as defended against a wolf clawing at you naked, as you are in some crafted cured leather armour. The basis of this game is that all the gear will in effect, be balanced with all the other gear. Gear will be either average overall, or amazing for a very specific situation.

@Pwnstar said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

Right, which is why I said the guy who claimed we are viable from the instant we start is wrong. Gear increases stats and you have to buy/make/find it first.

Mmmmm, there is still a chance that we will not start naked but with some "basic" starting set of gear on our character. Though, I agree, It seems far more likely we will be starting naked.

If we start with some basic gear, then cool down on character deletion would be needed, so people do not exploit making and deleting characters to hoard up on gear (or mats, that you can get, disassembling it).

The only situation that will likely matter is pvp. Most players won't complain if you are doing as well as them in pve if you are 1 hour old and they are 5 years old. However, I don't see how someone with +5 on all their stats won't destroy someone as a fresh creation. If we compared it to dnd of two level one characters, the guy who has +5 on all his stats is going to beat the other almost every time unless the weaker guy gets alot of rolls in his favor. The added bonuses are big enough that the weaker guy is not going to be able to overcome the difference in bonuses from the stats.

That being said, every player in my campaign would quit if over 5 years they didn't see any improvements to their character to beat a level 1 guy hands down. I would imagine that achievements from knowledge give you bonuses to defense, attack, better spells with higher damage etc...Those are going to stack to the point the new guy will get creamed by a well developed character. Developers can't make new content faster than players play it. So if "working" on your character to improve it isn't a thing what is there for players to do?

I just don't see how the game is going to balance every character new and old to be able to compete on any scale and still make it fun for players who want to see their characters improve.

I just don't see how the game is going to balance every character new and old to be able to compete on any scale and still make it fun for players who want to see their characters improve.

Very valid point. At least this matter is a huge challenge for developers to get right. I have raised this point up especially in gear tier discussions. I do not mind if the main focus is in horizontal progression and I actually like that idea. However, game also needs some vertical progression so players can really feel the improvement. Orherwise people can easily loose the interest. Problem is that horizontal progression is not even close as attractive as vertical progression in RPGs.

@Gothix said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

Mmmmm, there is still a chance that we will not start naked but with some "basic" starting set of gear on our character.

If we do, it won't be good gear. It won't hold a candle to what we can craft or find. Otherwise, why bother doing that?

My guess is that we start naked or at least with clothes which has no armor value or any other benefits. As long as I get those red underpants with small white hearts, I am fine. 😘

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

If a character that was just made 5 minutes ago was "viable" against a character after 40+ hours of progress, I would want my money back because that would basically mean there was no gameplay for that 40 hours. Not any consequential gameplay, anyway.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@FibS

Oof. I don’t think you know exactly what you backed. They’ve been pretty clear on progression from the get go.

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-3-knowledge-system/

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

at what stages of testing are planned dungeons and pvp?

lol all these people saying if they had played for 40+ hours and got beaten by someone playing for 5 mins... if that happens, you just have no skill, or they got to play the alpha and/or beta and probably have more game time than you, or it will be an evenly matched, fun fight... rather than you wiping the floor with them in 2 seconds.

It is not how long u have played that matters, it is how you spend the time. Heck, when i played Alpha 1 Test 2, i didnt even have armour 40 mins in. I was too busy gathering all the materials i could see to learn what they all where and looked like. And then what they were for. I didnt have any armour for probably 10h, after i decided where i wanted to try and build a house. And if you get beaten by someone that had played for 5 minutes after playing for 40+ hours... why the hell weren't you making healing potions?

@FibS said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

If a character that was just made 5 minutes ago was "viable" against a character after 40+ hours of progress, I would want my money back because that would basically mean there was no game play for that 40 hours. Not any consequential game play, anyway.

Your players skill and knowledge increases.

Something like in Secret World (original). At start I was total noob, a single mob destroyed me, but later on I got so much better and my skill and knowledge grew so that with same gear (where I was before destroyed by single mob) I could now destroy 50 mobs at once (I'm not exaggerating here).

I could have then made new alt, and with fresh gear destroy many mobs. That's progress, not character progress, but your own progress as player.

And if you will say that everyone will progress like that, it's simply not true. Depending on peoples effort and IQ, different players will progress at different rates and up to different levels. Whoever played The Secret World (original) will know what I am talking about.

Just with good theory crafting and application, 2 players with same gear and access to same skills, could have (and did) perform 2000% differently.

That is what I hope from Fractured. Slowly unlocking skills through characters knowledge progression, and becoming able to use those skills more efficiently through your own players knowledge progression.

If you come to the game as new player, and I am veteran player with many hours invested, I will destroy you, not because I have better gear (I don't), but because my knowledge and skill is vastly superior to yours (and I also have more skills unlocked through my play time).

Even if we will have exactly the same gear, my statement above will still be 100% accurate.

@Gothix said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@FibS said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

If a character that was just made 5 minutes ago was "viable" against a character after 40+ hours of progress, I would want my money back because that would basically mean there was no game play for that 40 hours. Not any consequential game play, anyway.

Your players skill and knowledge increases.

Something like in Secret World (original). At start I was total noob, a single mob destroyed me, but later on I got so much better and my skill and knowledge grew so that with same gear (where I was before destroyed by single mob) I could now destroy 50 mobs at once (I'm not exaggerating here).

I could have then made new alt, and with fresh gear destroy many mobs. That's progress, not character progress, but your own progress as player.

And if you will say that everyone will progress like that, it's simply not true. Depending on peoples effort and IQ, different players will progress at different rates and up to different levels. Whoever played The Secret World (original) will know what I am talking about.

Just with good theory crafting and application, 2 players with same gear and access to same skills, could have (and did) perform 2000% differently.

That is what I hope from Fractured. Slowly unlocking skills through characters knowledge progression, and becoming able to use those skills more efficiently through your own players knowledge progression.

If you come to the game as new player, and I am veteran player with many hours invested, I will destroy you, not because I have better gear (I don't), but because my knowledge and skill is vastly superior to yours (and I also have more skills unlocked through my play time).

Even if we will have exactly the same gear, my statement above will still be 100% accurate.

A bit like fighting games a player who fights someone who's been playing for months will get battered, but like fighting games, fractured is gonna need a high skill ceiling to keep people hooked

@Pluto said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

They’ve been pretty clear on progression from the get go.

You'd have a point if gear didn't have stats, but it does, directly contradicting that link.

You'd have a point if gear didn't have stats, but it does, directly contradicting that link.

Wich part contradicts gear having stats?

~facepalm~ even socks provide minor defence. The horizontal progression is that all gear (specific to type, like say chestplate or greaves) will be the same strength overall as all other gear of the same type. Being naked and having gear equipped are two completely different things. you cant expect a spear to do the same amount of damage as someone's fists. Something to take note of as well... you can make some very basic equipment within 10 minutes easily if you tried. You wont be super strong in any specific way, coz your 'stats' will be spread, rather than focused. But it still fits a baseline for horizontal progression. just 10 minutes... if that. 2 mins if u really speedran it

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured