People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzait Me either.

@Xzait said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Gothix it wouldnt be as active as it is now if it wasn't there tho.

Perhaps, part of the people for for sure be less active due to that. But I think those who are active right now because they like to post, would still post regardles, so forums wouldn't really "die". ๐Ÿ™‚

But it might be little less activity yeah.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Specter said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

Prometheus feels he shouldn't have to rely on the Foundation to have an active community. (We know many forum members disagree with this assessment, hence why the Foundation is still here).

IF he wants to get rid of the foundation, he is going to need to get rid of the bonus for posting daily first.
    There are far too many people who take advantage of this in the wrong way.

I'm sure the original intention was to get people to be active on the forums, but it has created the wrong kind of activity.

If they want people to be active on the forums, then the should be encouraging people to ask more questions & providing more answers.
    People are always extremely interested about the development, even if the reply only comes in a few words or a picture.

Personally, i don't care about the rewards as much as i care about ensuring a game is worth my time.

@islesofurth the only issue with doing that is that it is basically the only way for people to earn points. Those that are doing it for points and dont want to be super supportive have the daily post forum to post in. people like us that actually care about the game, post on all the other forums ๐Ÿ™‚

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xzait
    In all honesty i think the foundation points system should never have been anything more than reading up on news & setting up your profile.

The daily posting rewards only leads to obvious silly threads that get spammed & end up only using server space.
    this attracts the wrong sort of people who don't care about helping the production of the game.

The share links from the articles only lead to friends & family getting spammed with game related articles & are always missing most social networks anyway.
    This just creates bad PR for the game.

The daily free points make everything above even worse. This makes people want to get those free points asap, so they want to do all the other stuff asap.

They have a dedicated game designer on their team, yet @Prometheus is the one who wants to remove it?

@islesofurth said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Xzait
    In all honesty i think the foundation points system should never have been anything more than reading up on news & setting up your profile.

The daily posting rewards only leads to obvious silly threads that get spammed & end up only using server space.
    this attracts the wrong sort of people who don't care about helping the production of the game.

The share links from the articles only lead to friends & family getting spammed with game related articles & are always missing most social networks anyway.
    This just creates bad PR for the game.

The daily free points make everything above even worse. This makes people want to get those free points asap, so they want to do all the other stuff asap.

They have a dedicated game designer on their team, yet @Prometheus is the one who wants to remove it?

First off Forum msges using up server space? - I doubt all the posts and imgs even come up to 1tb, if its self hosted they can get a sata 1tb HD for 50quid.
    Or if publicly hosted 3 second google search would tell you most forums have unlimited SSD space

Starting Price/Mo. $3.92
    Money Back Guarantee 30 days
    Disk Space Unlimited SSD

Secondly
    There is a spam section for daily posts, so that's not the reasons for "silly posts" some people just have diffrent standards for what they want in games

And finally
    Fb shared links can be shared to your self.
    Twitter accounts take seconds to make, just make a game related one for shareing to people that would be intrested in fractured

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xzoviac said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

First off Forum msges using up server space? - I doubt all the posts and imgs even come up to 1tb, if its self hosted they can get a sata 1tb HD for 50quid.
    Or if publicly hosted 3 second google search would tell you most forums have unlimited SSD space

Corporate server hosting works very different to your every day public servers that anyone can rent.
    Most of these charge for the space used. When you are not charging subscription fees, things like this make a huge difference over multiple years.
    Dynamite would definitely not build there own servers as it is far too expensive. They would need to build at least 1 for each region around the world they wanted to have a server. (not to mention rent & backup servers) They definitely do not have this much money or they would have a decent size team building the game.

Secondly
    There is a spam section for daily posts, so that's not the reasons for "silly posts" some people just have different standards for what they want in games

These are exactly the "silly" threads i was talking about so yes they are spam.
    You say that people have different standards, true.
    Yet why would a developer want to make a game to people with lower standards when they can make it for those with higher standards & sell far more copies, not to mention those with lower standards would enjoy it more too.

And finally
    Fb shared links can be shared to your self.
    Twitter accounts take seconds to make, just make a game related one for shareing to people that would be intrested in fractured

Yes your right you can do such things, however there is always people who do not understand why that is a good idea.
    It's those people that create the bad PR and normally share to others that would spread such bad PR.

People like yourself @Xzoviac would still share news about the game to your friends if it looks like a good game.
    So the dev team should focus on people like that more & less on trying to get desperate people who just want in-game goodies.

@islesofurth said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

I am the 5th top poster in these forums with almost 1,8k posts now, and have never missed a day of post since I joined here.
    Not a single one of my posts is "daily post" in daily thread. Each of the post I wrote is constructive and serves a purpose.

So no, daily requirement isn't a reason to post silly. The reason are the type of people that join forums.

If person wants to post constructively, he will, regardless of "dailies". If person wants to post silly, he will, even if there is no daily requirement.

@islesofurth if not for the daily post, i dont think i would be active in the forums at all. i am sure alot of other people are the same. at first, i didnt post much stuff and alot of my posts were in the daily post, but for quite a while now, i have avoided the daily post thread. i try to post stuff that is useful and the devs sometimes think it is, or i wouldnt have won a few of the weekly draws... all because there was soneyhing pushing me to post in the first place.

all the people that post in dail post and spam will be losing out, because they will never have a chance to win bonus points through the weekly reward things, coz they never post anything useful.

sure, it isnt good there are people that never commit properly in the first place, but there will be people like that regardless of what u do.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Xzait Glad you opened up to join the community on a deeper level! ๐Ÿ™‚

@Jairone said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Xzait Glad you opened up to join the community on a deeper level! ๐Ÿ™‚

i am too. Has certainly made the game alot more interesting, despite not being able yo play it unless an alpha is up. Rhe community is wonderful and we all have fun chatting about all the updates and potential mechanics! ^c^

• @Xzoviac unlike Albion Online Bastards. regret supporting those buttonhole,
    I dont want my ice-cold heart broken twice.
    I would love to see this game become a next WOW or equivalent ( in terms of how long it will last).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@DevilsDog said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Xzoviac unlike Albion Online Bastards. regret supporting those buttonhole,
    I dont want my ice-cold heart broken twice.
    I would love to see this game become a next WOW or equivalent ( in terms of how long it will last).

Buttonhole, ha! Love it.

Albion Online seems to be Fractured's primary reference point and they intend to do pretty much everything a hell of a lot differently than AO has. If they stick to their vision, Fractured will be a much more hardcore, nuanced, and intricate game than AO could ever be.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Alexian

I donโ€™t know if hardcore would be the right term. Itโ€™s pretty much the opposite imho.

Hardcore implies intensive game time in order to become viable. In fractured, the player is viable from the get go.

Will land ownership be hardcore? Sure, but just like any other game. And thatโ€™s on an org level, not really individual. But even then, a new player can take part in conquest with their org... as they are viable.

Edit:
    Also, to those saying I should have upgraded my pack... you missed the entire point. Kickstarter packs should not be sold for less than they were in the Kickstarter. Period. Itโ€™s a slap in the face towards those who backed on Kickstarter, imho of course.

@Pluto said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

In fractured, the player is viable from the get go.

That would only be true if armor didn't give stats. But they do. So starting out you will have crappy stats until you get good gear.

@Pwnstar said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

That would only be true if armor didn't give stats. But they do. So starting out you will have crappy stats until you get good gear.

If armour gives to many stats then the whole premise of fractured will be broken, a brand new good player should always be able to kill a old bad player, because ( no grind = no scaleing)

So you can not beat skill with time (like common mmos)

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Xzoviac said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Pwnstar said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

If armour gives to many stats then the whole premise of fractured will be broken, a brand new good player should always be able to kill a old bad player, because ( no grind = no scaleing)

So you can not beat skill with time (like common mmos)

Precisely, itโ€™s the beauty of horizontal progression. Yes gear is helpful, especially in various environments. Some gear is more catered towards frigid climates, others for more moderate... etc.

But gear wonโ€™t have extremely drastic implications on stats as far as I know. There will be slight buffs of course. But I definitely like the direction fractured is going in that regard.

Theyโ€™re creating progression where it supports varied gameplay, not necessarily more powerful gameplay.

Prometheus feels he shouldn't have to rely on the Foundation to have an active community. (We know many forum members disagree with this assessment, hence why the Foundation is still here).

IF he wants to get rid of the foundation, he is going to need to get rid of the bonus for posting daily first.

I'm sure the original intention was to get people to be active on the forums, but it has created the wrong kind of activity.

If they want people to be active on the forums, then the should be encouraging people to ask more questions & providing more answers.
    People are always extremely interested about the development, even if the reply only comes in a few words or a picture.

Personally, i don't care about the rewards as much as i care about ensuring a game is worth my time.

I agree. At the point when there is not enough new topics to discuss with and all the old ones have opened several times, then that daily post system just causes wrong kind of activity tbh. If developers are not active in forums themselfs and there is not enough content/topics to discuss, then it is hard to have active community either. Atm I am more like daily spammer rather than active community member.

@Tuoni said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

I agree. At the point when there is not enough new topics to discuss with and all the old ones have opened several times, then that daily post system just causes wrong kind of activity tbh. If developers are not active in forums themselfs and there is not enough content/topics to discuss, then it is hard to have active community either. Atm I am more like daily spammer rather than active community member.

Capes. We can always talk about capes. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Aurellas Yeah that would be fresh topic.. ๐Ÿ˜…

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured