People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

On a side note, I was wondering why people were buying the Founder packs and mine showed unavailable.

Then, checking "My History" page, I see I have been granted access to all the items in the Founder's Packs, as was promised.

I just though I'd post this here if anyone wondered. It was probably discussed somewhere but I couldn't for the life of me find it.

I had initially thought that we would get Gold from all prior packs on top of our pledge pack's gold, but I think I misinterpreted it. I did receive all the gold and items I paid for though. I upgraded during the discount sale to Immortal, and looking at the overall package, I believe I got great value for my money.

That said, OP's thread has given us a few insights:

1. Dynamight does not shy away from discussions, and are quick to rectify the situation, and big enough to admit mistakes.
    2. As far as I've been affected, I've not been overpromised and underdelivered on anything.
    3. They engage with their community in such a way that no one feels undervalued or victimized for their opinion, which is very professional in my opinion.

All this culminates to only one logical conclusion, and I'm sure you all will agree: We can trust them if they start a Kickstarter for funding the development of Real Capes. The cost per cape is irrelevant. I know they will only use the finest materials and highest quality tailoring.

Will we be getting capes in game? I believe so. Dynamight won't forsake the biggest and most vocal part of their community. Red or black with Silver trim, or Purple and Green with Gold Trim? It matters not. Dynamight will deliver.

I'm quite sure that right now, deep in some secret basement of theirs, old Rumplebuttskin is busy toiling away spinning straw into gold with his Centrifuge-powered loom.

All this is fact. A fact I just made up, of course, but a fact non the less. It may be ungrounded and unfounded, but spread something around long enough and it will gain traction.

Capes are pretty great. I like them, and secretly, you all do too...

Also, if you don't see your pack listed...make sure you check the my history kickstarter section as well.

When using the gold to purchase something, it seems to be instant and records the time date in proper section.

(Example, buying a kitten removes the gold instantly and adds the purchase to companion section)

I think I will need to get more gold for the upcoming stuff...lol

Are the foundation rewards going to eventually be their own tab? It might also be nice to see a tab that totals everything.

@Aurellas said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Xzoviac My Gold has been added to my account, so it should be there I believe. 🙂

your "foundation" "quest" gold has gone in?

my 30k from immortal is in but not the foundation quest gold

@Xzoviac Ah. Sorry about that. I must have misread that portion. Again, I tend to do that sometimes when I speed read.

Nay, 'tis not in yet. Nary a gold doubloon has befallen my coffers yet to this 'morn.

• Wiki Editor

@Xzoviac i think that will come after they closed the Foundation.

@Kralith said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

yeah i guess the rewards will be added later, especially since at least one person has admitted to cheating in the past and hacking the website (not 100% on the details just remember reading people talking about it), so they will likely want to go threw the accounts, and check peoples foundation has been gained legitimately

@Xzoviac said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

@Kralith said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

yeah i guess the rewards will be added later, especially since at least one person has admitted to cheating in the past and hacking the website (not 100% on the details just remember reading people talking about it), so they will likely want to go threw the accounts, and check peoples foundation has been gained legitimately

oh gee. that just ruins it for everyone... why do some people have to go and do that 😧 cheating is never a good thing D:<

I'm still curious if some extra rewards might be added to foundation (at least some new forum titles) 🙂 since large number of people is above level 200 now.

@Gothix said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

I'm still curious if some extra rewards might be added to foundation (at least some new forum titles) 🙂 since large number of people is above level 200 now.

Yeah I'd like that specially because I'll be 200 in about 2 months then I'll have no point left to grind other then moving in the top 100 (wich I dnt rly care about)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Aurellas BTW, when I first read your capes kickstarter I thought 'real capes' as in real life. It was interesting for a bit to think about what one might wear with said capes, as they are not exactly t-shirt and jeans attire there!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'm glad this issue was settled by the devs.

@Gothix said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

weren't they planning to remove the foundation when the alpha tests were over though? i think some players would feel cheated if they were getting so close to lvl 200 to be finished to have it suddenly increase if they end up being unable to finish it again (like finishing it is an achievement).

@Xzait said in People who buy a founders pack today get more than yesterday:

weren't they planning to remove the foundation when the alpha tests were over though?

They are.

@Jairone Did you ever play Nox? I recall that the hero at some point could wear a cape, jeans and a t-shirt and it looked kind of cool. But it's so long ago I can't really remember.

You sound like someone with distinct taste. Someone who secretly desires capes to come back into style.

Come friend! Let's rally to the banner and make it reality!

For Capes!!!!
    For Trim!!!
    For Fashion!!!
    For the Fallen!!!
    For Derailing Threads!!!!
    For (add your own cause here)

• Community Manager

@Xzait The original plan was to remove it after the pre-alpha, but a lot of players didn't want it gone and it seems they've managed to convince the devs. Eventually the Foundation will cease to exist though, because Prometheus feels he shouldn't have to rely on the Foundation to have an active community. (We know many forum members disagree with this assessment, hence why the Foundation is still here).

@Specter ah, i see. I can see the pounts from both sides... the foundation awards points for posting daily and being an active part of the community, so alot of players wouldnt even be giving any input if it wasnt there... of course, there are still players that dont (use nothing but daily post forum).

But on the other hand, the devs think people shouldnt have to have an incentive to be supportive... which is true in its own right...

i just hope i can reach lvl 200 before it is removed. 75 points to lvl 160 currently 😮

@Xzait yeah I hope they keep it too, I think im definitely more active thanks to this system.

To the point that this is the only forum I post in,

in other games iv backed 100s of £, if they dont have a ingame bug report, I don't go out of my way to post on the forum.

Iv tried to help with feedback and bug reports and suggestions.

The foundation has helped build a intrest in the forums, if if wasnt there
    r I I defenitly would not have become this invested in the fractured world (and its community

It's not that community would stop being active without foundation. 🙂

It's just that people like having something to do "that stays on paper". It's the progression spirit in all the gamers. 😉

(It's why I thought of extending foundation rewards, at least through something symbolic, such as new forum titles.)

@Gothix it wouldnt be as active as it is now if it wasnt there tho.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured