ETA on developer forum?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Good afternoon @Prometheus and @Znirf!

I'd like to know where we stand on the promised and highly anticipated developer forum for Immortal+ pledge backers. Do you have an ETA for this feature that you can share with us? ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks in advance!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Alexian Good question was wondering about that sometime ago as well. ๐Ÿค”

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@LilCassiopeia said in ETA on developer forum?:

@Alexian Good question was wondering about that sometime ago as well. ๐Ÿค”

DMS is an 8-person development team and I have no doubt they're busy creating actual content for us, so I'm not too worried. ๐Ÿ˜Š

But it would be nice to see the dev forums or at least a reliable ETA on their creation.

@Alexian True but let's give them some time to evaluate the data from alpha 1-2 so that the progress in development can go on.

I mean, they already "promised" it in April....

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/110918

@Eurav said in ETA on developer forum?:

I mean, they already "promised" it in April....

The timeline for development is years-long, and players who have ponied up $$ have already agreed to be patient about delays, but the thing that will kill the trust those early investors have is if promises are forgotten.

Delays are to be expected - no reasonable person will walk away fuming if things don't happen according to a strict timeline. What would make a reasonable person lose trust is if a promise that has been made gets denied ("We never said that" when there's a link to you saying that) or questions about a promise get ignored. ๐Ÿ™‰ ๐Ÿ™‰ ๐Ÿ™‰

I didn't sign on at that level so I'm just waiting on the beta, but folks who have donated based on the expectation of a developers' forum that was meant to have happened by now deserve some word from devs re ETA.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@PeachMcD Completely agreed! Thanks for the thoughtful and reasonable response.

• Community Manager

@Alexian @LilCassiopeia @Eurav @PeachMcD

Prometheus wants to add the developer forum but he's so busy right now he's unable to make time for it. In the meanwhile, maybe we can discuss what you would like to see in this developer forum. Many questions are already being answered in the other parts of the forum by Znirf and me, and updates are already being posted in the Fractured news section. What could the devs do to make this exclusive section unique and valuable to backers like you? ๐Ÿ™‚

@Specter said in ETA on developer forum?:

@Alexian @LilCassiopeia @Eurav @PeachMcD

Prometheus wants to add the developer forum but he's so busy right now he's unable to make time for it. In the meanwhile, maybe we can discuss what you would like to see in this developer forum. Many questions are already being answered in the other parts of the forum by Znirf and me, and updates are already being posted in the Fractured news section. What could the devs do to make this exclusive section unique and valuable to backers like you? ๐Ÿ™‚

developer reasons or thoughts behind mechanics or the general reason why a thing is doing the thing.

oo. cool. didnt know this was planned ๐Ÿ˜ฎ i think something like the DevBlog for Secrets of Grindea would be amazing.

@Xzait said in ETA on developer forum?:

oo. cool. didnt know this was planned i think something like the DevBlog for Secrets of Grindea would be amazing.

Well, it is part of the Immortal Pledge Pack, so not everyone will have access ๐Ÿ˜‰

Prometheus wants to add the developer forum but he's so busy right now he's unable to make time for it. In the meanwhile, maybe we can discuss what you would like to see in this developer forum. Many questions are already being answered in the other parts of the forum by Znirf and me, and updates are already being posted in the Fractured news section. What could the devs do to make this exclusive section unique and valuable to backers like you?

I actually wondered about that as well. Questions are already answered in this public Forum / in the Discord, and there is already the Monthly Dev Q&A as an upcoming System to improve that even further.

New content is being publicly announced via the Content Pills and other announcements, so what you could do is give an insight on the process of making the content / game.
    Of course they canยดt share code or anything like that, but, like Jetah said, what they are working on, why they are working on it and their thoughts about it, is something that they can share. So basically the result / content of a weekly "scrum meeting" is what could be shared in the dev forums.

What they are currently working on, why they are working on it, what they have problems with, new Ideas, old Ideas being changed... an insight in the process of making the game is what I would think could be content of the dev forums.

Regardless of the content, the important things for me about the dev forum would be, "weekly" updates and transparency.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Honestly, given the state of the game, Dev forums should be the last thing on everyone's mind, right now.

I'd much rather devs keep slaving away towards playable state

๐Ÿ˜ˆ

What could make this exclusive and valuable to me, assuming you are using sprints, are small updates on those, what are you guys working on (edit your minutes, if you can or will not share all of it, can be part of an NDA). Maybe small behind the scene video's (nothing fancy).

I agree that this should not take your focus from the real development, but some raw content from time to time would be much appreciated.

actually, I would think that any "behind the scenes" stuff would be cool for the Dev forums.

Stuff that the general public may not care about, but the more dedicated players might?

Just an idea...

If developers are not sure how players would feel like of some ideas/features/mechanics, maybe they could discuss of those kind of things with players and ask their opinion and experiences.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Gonna echo what some of the others have said; part of the reason I upgraded from Governor to Creator was the opportunity to interact more exclusively with the dev team: receiving updates and progress reports as well as the chance to provide feedback. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Eurav said in ETA on developer forum?:

Prometheus wants to add the developer forum but he's so busy right now he's unable to make time for it. In the meanwhile, maybe we can discuss what you would like to see in this developer forum. Many questions are already being answered in the other parts of the forum by Znirf and me, and updates are already being posted in the Fractured news section. What could the devs do to make this exclusive section unique and valuable to backers like you?

I actually wondered about that as well. Questions are already answered in this public Forum / in the Discord, and there is already the Monthly Dev Q&A as an upcoming System to improve that even further.>
    New content is being publicly announced via the Content Pills and other announcements, so what you could do is give an insight on the process of making the content / game.

So it seems that the devs included something in their Exclusive Expensive Package w/o having a very clear sense of what that thing was going to be ๐Ÿ‘… ๐Ÿ˜† Funny yoomons!

Well-played to ask the folks who bought the thing what they'd LIKE for it to be! ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘

I didn't buy the Exclusive Expensive Package - I'm just following this thread out of prurient interest. @deusex2 makes an excellent point: if we wanna start playing this game soonest, asking the devs to add a weekly thing to their schedule isn't gonna help that happen faster.

One suggestion that might not be too hard to implement is borrowed from a game called Star Trek Timelines by DisruptorBeam: a weekly vid of 2-5 min length done by a rotation of the devs at work on the game. The weekly dev vid was a window into that particular person's work & process - they could choose one thing they're really proud of or want backer feedback on.

When STT was in development, those vids were VERY popular and widely discussed. They gave each of the dev team a space to 'shine' (but also a space that interested persons could make comments on). If a member of the dev team only had to do one every couple of months, it wouldn't eat into their daily biz in any significant way, but the potential for 'visibility' of any task they decide on could create a positive incentive to do work worthy of sharing.

Perhaps the Expensive Exclusive package might have access to those videos first, and the rest of us plebes wait a month or so to view and comment on them? What do y'all think? Do-able?

Will there be NDA in the developer forums?

I would like to see art concepts of idears building monster pets

Have you a dev to purely handle lore and story? Lore snippets would be nice

Sneak peak videos, or coffee break chats.

Day in the life, showing the team the routine when assets they are working on,

Bugsmash videos videoing some bugs you have found and showing a dev solving it or or finding another 10.

Showing asset design videos picking a cool big monster or a fulfilling random high pledge pet/monster request and showing the process of building it

Dev forum could showcase materials they are preparing but not finished yet (work in progress).

Art, mechanics, other things that aren't shown live yet in current state.

To expand on earlier suggestions,

It is a good idea not to put this off for too long, as it can be a sign that progress is being made.
    Many that donated (Especially at the higher level) have been burned before regarding games stalling or even closing down.

The developer forums was a nice selling point giving a behind the scenes peek or access to ideas that might not be ready for general consumption.

Other Kickstarted games have nice developer forums and can be used as a template as to content and ideas.

This also sets up trust that goals listed will be met and more people will tend to "invest" in the future.

In my opinion, constant communication as to the progress and status can go along way. The developer forums can help with ideas and opinions from more seasoned donators as to what might work to help.

again, just an opinion.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured