Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Lack of communication. We didn't get any contact pills or update what's going on since alpha test 2. I personally think it's a big nono since everyone is afraid of Kickstarter game to fail or disappear. Please even update saying u guys are going to vacation or anything to keep ppl knowing what's going on. When ppl don't know wat's going on, ppl just not going to put more money in it.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@pushcart said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

We didn't get any contact pills

Please drink this pill if you want to contact Dynamight Studios. We will come to you in a vision, around 15 minutes after you take the pill. ๐Ÿ’Š ๐Ÿ˜›

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@pushcart said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

Lack of communication. We didn't get any contact pills or update what's going on since alpha test 2. I personally think it's a big nono since everyone is afraid of Kickstarter game to fail or disappear. Please even update saying u guys are going to vacation or anything to keep ppl knowing what's going on. When ppl don't know wat's going on, ppl just not going to put more money in it.

I just sank $1500 into Fractured, purchasing first the Governor's pack and then the Creator's.

This is the first time I've ever "pledged' or "backed" a game prior to its full release, so I'm in uncharted territory personally.

And as someone who suffers from chronic buyer's remorse, I can't help but feel I've taken an enormous risk.

So my hope to @Prometheus, @Specter, and @Znirf is that they'll vindicate the community's faith with regular updates. Specter assured me that a content pill is coming this week. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Alexian said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I just sank $1500 into Fractured, purchasing first the Governor's pack and then the Creator's.

This is the first time I've ever "pledged' or "backed" a game prior to its full release, so I'm in uncharted territory personally.

And as someone who suffers from chronic buyer's remorse, I can't help but feel I've taken an enormous risk.

So my hope to @Prometheus, @Specter, and @Znirf is that they'll vindicate the community's faith with regular updates. Specter assured me that a content pill is coming this week. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've sank thousands into pre-released games and only 1 has released in a timely manor. all the rest have had delays from years to almost lustrum (5 years). 2 have had full releases while the other 4 haven't.

just dont get emotional over it. just forget about it for a few months, or even a few seasons, then check in from time to time. maybe read the emails if you're in alpha 1 so you can get in and do some testing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The thing is that these pledges were made for people with lots of expendable income to support the game.

But a lot of people who are barely getting by or not as comfortable financially also sink large sums into the game pledges and end up regretting it because of their situation.

I just hope Fractured lives up to its promises and even if it doesn't, the developers are diligent enough to keep working on content that makes its players happy.

@Belligero Most people "Budget" their amount of "Mad Money" on certain things. For some it is Cigarettes and other's its wine or a weekly bowling event or whatever. Games or/good games for that matter almost always cost at least 80 dollars if not more. I paid over 100 for many of my PS4 games and as much as 200 for some of them. There are pledge packages here as low as what? 20 bucks I think?

Considering a standard game/good mmo costs around 80 to buy on release I figure the lowest 20 dollar tier one is a steal.

You simply cannot have cartons of cigarettes and cases of wine and deep freezers full of steaks and bbq every night and also have this as well. You need to budget it in. That is what many of us have done.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I decided to pledge at last, but only for the lowest tier. This is because I live in New Zealand, and the idea of separating the world by regions doesn't sit well with me (as I'll likely be forced to an empty server) unless I can of course pick and choose the server I want to connect to. I'm still looking forwards to see how the PvP will be implemented, and the idea of playing a Vampire/Succubus in an MMO with gameplay that revolves around that fact always fascinated me.

• Wiki Editor

Since @Znirf joined, I've been seeing these about every 2 weeks except when Alpha1 T2 was running, but one did come out right about 2 weeks after the test ended. We'll see if it continues but it's been more often.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@kellewic said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

Since @Znirf joined, I've been seeing these about every 2 weeks except when Alpha1 T2 was running, but one did come out right about 2 weeks after the test ended. We'll see if it continues but it's been more often.

And we as pledge backers will continue to push and encourage updates/outreach from the community managers and developers. ๐Ÿ˜„

The state of the industry as a whole is what's keeping me from pledging. Buying into a game early is always a risk nowadays, and 90% of the time, taking the chance doesn't pay off. There's far too many devs out there that show a lot of nice stuff on kickstarter pages, and roadmaps that simply don't have the talent or work ethic required to deliver on their promise and it's jaded me beyond the point where I consider paying for early access.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Gynz

Yeah, itโ€™s quite a shame to be honest. I still go in on projects I believe in though. Oath, dual universe, and hopefully torchlight mmo.

Iโ€™ve definitely been burned in the past... but if even one project ends up being gold, Iโ€™ll consider it worth it.

Unfortunately Iโ€™m pretty jaded with fractured, definitely lost the spark that was there. Interestingly, it had nothing to do with gameplay or development progress. Itโ€™s entirely due to how they handled their pledge packs.

New backers should never be able to grab Kickstarter packs for less. Aristocrat and creator pledges should not have been made cheaper than the original Kickstarter. The whole thing seemed like a bit of a money grab, which is a shame. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s not what they intended, but it is what it is.

And when they sold out, they just opened up some more packs lol.

Edit:
    Almost forgot why I replied in the first place haha. If youโ€™re interested in board games, thereโ€™s been a run of GOOD projects with worthy fulfillment. Nemesis, dice throne, gloom haven, and zombicide to name a few.

Etherfields is another from awaken realms (nemesis creator) that Iโ€™m excited for!

@Pluto I'm hopeful for Torchlight Frontiers and very interested in what they're doing with Oath. I've been following Ashes of Creation as well, because I like a lot of their ideas. I can't justify going in on any of them though, not on a "trust us, it will be great" basis. I need hands-on time before I make that decision.

As for board games, I am interested. When I was talking about the state of the industry, I was talking specifically about video games. There have definitely been some good board games that made their way out of kickstarter. I found Etherfields just the other day and it looks great. Hesitant to buy-in as the entry price is pretty steep, but definitely considering it.

• I have seen far too many games fall flat in development. I would love to fund them all but I can't afford to so I guess I am waiting to see it fleshed out a little further first. Also showing us something that makes this particular game unique in a more fleshed out fashion would do the trick as well. I am willing to throw money at any game that can hold my interest long term but it has to hook me in first. So far I see great ambition and a great concept but not enough communication on overall timeframes. A general roadmap or itinerary on what is suppose to be done roughly when would help

• TF#5 - LEGATE

First reason is being rather poor, second reason is not seeing even a prototype of the knowledge system, and no environment interaction that was told about before. Even more, from alpha test I've participated in, seems like things like character movement speed may be changed aswell, as characters fly 1 screen in about a second, which makes it hard do imagine the difference between ranged and melee characters. For me environment interaction and knowledge system are key components which would make a good niche game of Fractured, and to this day make it take the top of the waiting list on par with Camelot Unchained.

Second is the whole kickstarter thing of course. I've tried Legends of Aria recently, which came from kickstarter aswell. Even if they're not as unique in their vision as Fractured, it's still a kickstarter-open-world-sandbox-MMORPG with client side made via Unity, and I noticed that in 4 years of development, on a fucking unity engine, they failed to harness the power of transform.LookAt(), which makes my character shoot arrows out of his ass, and they just got "steam release" making it look like it's a complete product. The only thing that may advocate that is that they probably have one guy doing both backend and client-side. Anyway, if I can make an isometric prototype of a game with 2 stealth systems, physics-based movement, shooting, AI, physics-based traps and triggers, inventory systems, animations, etc., with 5 cans of red bull, google and 20 evenings, than everyone should be able to.
    Of couse this casts a shadow on all the similar kickstarter projects. Even more, if we consider Albion Online that shat it's pants by devs completely betraying their vision and their backers and catering to the wrong audience.

But I'm still with you guys, and aim watching closely with my thin wallet ready.

@r0v3r7 said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I have seen far too many games fall flat in development. I would love to fund them all but I can't afford to so I guess I am waiting to see it fleshed out a little further first. Also showing us something that makes this particular game unique in a more fleshed out fashion would do the trick as well. I am willing to throw money at any game that can hold my interest long term but it has to hook me in first. So far I see great ambition and a great concept but not enough communication on overall timeframes. A general roadmap or itinerary on what is suppose to be done roughly when would help

development timing is difficult this far out. There was an issue with SpitalOS being blocked by Unity. Not one developer could have seen that nor know how the future of that came out.

I've backed Crowfall which was suppose to be a 2-3 year project is now going on it's 4-5th year. Star Citizen is much longer in development and CamelotUnchained also missed their marks. Maybe by not having a publisher pushing the release date the developers are actually building a great game, maybe it's causing them to fix everything before releasing, which means they wont release. I'd rather have a longer development time than a game pushed out in 2 years where the developers claim to "fix it in the future" because "it's a live service".

Look at Anthem. EA is pretty much done and are doing the same thing they did with another title they closed. Anthem was hyped so much at that E3 with the video they made, then it took them 2 years to make a game based off that video which was nothing like the video. they even offered a roadmap, which they couldn't stick to. they released the Cataclysm content but no media, no press, no ads, not even an email to those that played the game notifying them it was out, despite being 3 months late (that roadmap, you know).

@Jetah said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@r0v3r7 said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I have seen far too many games fall flat in development. I would love to fund them all but I can't afford to so I guess I am waiting to see it fleshed out a little further first. Also showing us something that makes this particular game unique in a more fleshed out fashion would do the trick as well. I am willing to throw money at any game that can hold my interest long term but it has to hook me in first. So far I see great ambition and a great concept but not enough communication on overall timeframes. A general roadmap or itinerary on what is suppose to be done roughly when would help

development timing is difficult this far out. There was an issue with SpitalOS being blocked by Unity. Not one developer could have seen that nor know how the future of that came out.

I've backed Crowfall which was suppose to be a 2-3 year project is now going on it's 4-5th year. Star Citizen is much longer in development and CamelotUnchained also missed their marks. Maybe by not having a publisher pushing the release date the developers are actually building a great game, maybe it's causing them to fix everything before releasing, which means they wont release. I'd rather have a longer development time than a game pushed out in 2 years where the developers claim to "fix it in the future" because "it's a live service".

Look at Anthem. EA is pretty much done and are doing the same thing they did with another title they closed. Anthem was hyped so much at that E3 with the video they made, then it took them 2 years to make a game based off that video which was nothing like the video. they even offered a roadmap, which they couldn't stick to. they released the Cataclysm content but no media, no press, no ads, not even an email to those that played the game notifying them it was out, despite being 3 months late (that roadmap, you know).

I would rather this, I backed StarCitizen, I backed Crowfall, yeah i dont play them but one day, when the game is done, hopefully they will be amazing, in the meantime there are plenty of games for me to play while i wait. same for Fractured, I post here because I like the Foundation system, I like the community, and the discord everyone is a friendly welcoming bunch. so out of all the games (even though iv spent 400,600 on SC. Im most invested in Fractured, thanks to its amazing welcoming community. I hope it always stays this way.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured