Dungeons & Guild info?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Hey there chaps & chapettes! Sorry if this has been answered before but is there any information about how dungeons and guilds are going to be handled in this game?

Will dungeons be party based instances or like recent mmo's will they be open instanced so anyone can just roll on in?

Also how is the guild system in the game?

Thanks for reading! 😄

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@CommissarVodka said in Dungeons & Guild info?:

Hey there chaps & chapettes! Sorry if this has been answered before but is there any information about how dungeons and guilds are going to be handled in this game?

Will dungeons be party based instances or like recent mmo's will they be open instanced so anyone can just roll on in?

Also how is the guild system in the game?

Thanks for reading! 😄

As far as dungeons only the creators know at this point. As far as guilds I assume it's just a basic platform that you set rules for and recruit people to join you. I'm pretty sure from there past experience dungeons will be damaged bassed. Meaning the guild or party who done the most damage will get the rights. I don't think they will be instanced. I hope they are just to prevent headaches. Now PvP dungeons are going to be fair game as in anyone can stroll in and do as they please. I hope this gave you a general idea

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @CommissarVodka! Dungeons, like the rest of the world, are going to be accessible by any player at any time. There are going to be no "private instances" of any kind. I'd call it the "old school" way rather than the "recent mmos" way, although it's a fact the old school is coming back 🙂

As for guilds, we're not doing something really out of the ordinary there. A notable peculiarity though is that you'll be able to create both "mixed" guilds and guilds restricted to one of the three races, and that will have an impact on the possibilities available to the guild when it comes to colonization 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Prometheus So there will be only Open world dungeons and no Private ones where I can go with my friends and Guild mates ?

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@ezmoh said in Dungeons & Guild info?:

@Prometheus So there will be only Open world dungeons and no Private ones where I can go with my friends and Guild mates ?

That's what it sounds like

• DymStudios - CEO

Indeed 🙂 Moreover, open world hotspots and events will play a very important role in your everyday gameplay, often more than dungeons.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus that's nice. But not gonna lie my experience with open world bosses was not the best, I remember everytime I was doing a World boss in GW2 i either lag alot or crash.

• DymStudios - CEO

@prometheus that's nice. But not gonna lie my experience with open world bosses was not the best, I remember everytime I was doing a World boss in GW2 i either lag alot or crash.

By "lag" you mean low FPS or high ping? Both shouldn't be an issue in Fractured. System requirements will allow mid-range PCs to run the game smoothly, even in crowded situations. As for lag, SpatialOS can sustain a virtually unlimited amount of players, even if hundreds of them are close to each other! We'll document all of these claims in video footages of course 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus that's good to hear 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@prometheus What about fighting over the kills? So for example, if I run for half an hour to attempt a world boss, only to find it dead then wait for another half to let it respawn to have someone else steal it... that's why mothers say video games make people violent.

• DymStudios - CEO

@iceman121 said in Dungeons & Guild info?:

@prometheus What about fighting over the kills? So for example, if I run for half an hour to attempt a world boss, only to find it dead then wait for another half to let it respawn to have someone else steal it... that's why mothers say video games make people violent.

That depends on your race and planet mostly. If you want to be sure to have safe loot rights, you should play as a Beastman on Arboreus. Otherwise, even on Syndesia you risk some criminal scum to steal loot away from you, although there will be consequences for that. On Tartaros, well, you're lucky if you're alive anyway 😛

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus I do like open world dungeons. But imo you should really add instance dungeons/raids as well. Otherwise it will be just a PvP game with no PvE end content like BDO 😕
    I do really like open world but I never felt that some instance dungeons ruin the open world experience at all. This is just my opinion tho 😕

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Please tell me that there will be over 50 dungeons and what about the neatness of the hud? Will there be a MILLION buttons that can't collapse or will it be a neater more simplified version? Also can you choose to have, a guild with just demons and humans or any other combinations. Just 2 races instead of 1 or all 3?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

While I really like the idea of open world dungeons because it can introduce interactions with other groups and lead to huge boss fights (DAoC), I'm really concerned that it will lead to camping for highly sought-after loot or issue with finding adequate numbers of mobs for an exp party. Those are definitely not mechanics that are pleasant in an MMO (re: all of the Everquest games). Adding instances dungeons would be a hugh plus and alleviate those issues.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm not against open world and World boss, but, as others said, maybe some instanced raid can be good. A donjon with several levels of difficulties, so that we can gather and the game can become more funny (I think, for exemple, to the raids of SWtOR)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@frost said in Dungeons & Guild info?:

@prometheus I do like open world dungeons. But imo you should really add instance dungeons/raids as well. Otherwise it will be just a PvP game with no PvE end content like BDO 😕
    I do really like open world but I never felt that some instance dungeons ruin the open world experience at all. This is just my opinion tho 😕

Taking a note from Runescape on this might help. They have a few dungeons now where you can do them open world where anyone can come in and steal your stuff or kick you off your farm, but you can also pay a certain amount of currency to open up private instances so that you will be safe from inbound raiders and such. This also allowed them to add the addition on dungeon modifiers to make it more challenging for better loot and stuff.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@teeboned Something like that would be acceptable, just add an option to do the dungeon either open or instanced, that would be great 🙂

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Dungeon open world and no in instances mode is really good idea, conquest and protect dungeon or steal boss with PvP battle sound really good

• TF#10 - CONSUL

As for the open world dungeons, maybe the enemies will have a tag system, where multiple people can help take down a mob, get rewards even if they are not in the same party?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@prometheus their should be varies dungeons that pop out around the world randomly and then dissapear

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured