Stall/Vending

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Is there or will there be a feature like Vending/Setting up Stalls where in players can sell or buy separately from the Auction House/Marketplace. For example I would want to horde stacks of basic crafting Materials/items on the spot. Instead of going to town or the Auction House. Players who pass by and see my stall, can directly sell their goods.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Cool idea, I know that games like tree of savior have something like that and you can even leave and log off and the stall will remain open.

We will have to wait and see how trading is handled, I hope there isn't a huge auction house... It doesn't make sense if the game is trying to be real about how stuff like that work.

Mailing large amounts of wood to yourself or getting items from far... Since we already see moving certain supplies is slow and not a easy process.

• Wiki Editor

@Cyan

For first, there will be no auction house.
    At least it is not planned and in my opinion it makes no sense in the whole Fractured idea.

But there will be NPC shops that you can have in your town and who will trade your goods.

@Kralith said in Stall/Vending:

@Cyan

For first, there will be no auction house.
    At least it is not planned and in my opinion it makes no sense in the whole Fractured idea.

But there will be NPC shops that you can have in your town and who will trade your goods.

I dont think there should be any linked auction houses but i believe a [large] city should have the option to build one and charge a fee for items to be posted on it. We've also suggested having a courier contracts that would allow someone to pay a caravan to haul merchandise from location to location, thus adding another profession to the game.

• Community Manager

@Cyan said in Stall/Vending:

Is there or will there be a feature like Vending/Setting up Stalls where in players can sell or buy separately from the Auction House/Marketplace. For example I would want to horde stacks of basic crafting Materials/items on the spot. Instead of going to town or the Auction House. Players who pass by and see my stall, can directly sell their goods.

That's how buying and selling things works in Fractured. There are no auction houses.

I wouldn't mind a single marketplace per city (like Albion). I also wouldn't mind shops with player-owned NPC merchants whose dialogue we could configure. 🙂

@Specter so there is a means to do it without having to be online? For example loading up a bunch of gear into a "shop" and then logging out, which still allows people to click on my shop (as an example) and buy said stuff? That would be nice.

• Community Manager

@Esoba Yes, that's how it works. 😉

@Specter Awesome. I guess I somehow missed that little tidbit. Makes me rethink what I want to do now....hmmm, might even need to move up a few tiers from immortal. Could think of a few sweet uses for a relic of power around being a commerce town.

@Specter said in Stall/Vending:

@Esoba Yes, that's how it works. 😉

gold farmers will use it to move goods and currency around. they'll also use it as advertising for their 'services'.

i've seen it before and it'll happen here. not to mention going to a place and having 2 fps because there are hundreds of 'shops' in one area.

someone will make an online bazaar which will become a needed thing to sell goods.

Again, an auction house doesn't have to be linked between cities but having a central UI for shopping is best for players.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah Depends on how controlled is it. Limiting the amount of shops per village/city can do the trick. Also taxing the stalls, preventing people who tries to sell only junk will be helpful. Not saying this will be THE MMO (I just hope it), but there is no need to preemptly blame it for sins not yet commited 🙂

@Arminton said in Stall/Vending:

@Jetah Depends on how controlled is it. Limiting the amount of shops per village/city can do the trick. Also taxing the stalls, preventing people who tries to sell only junk will be helpful. Not saying this will be THE MMO (I just hope it), but there is no need to preemptly blame it for sins not yet commited 🙂

you understate gold sellers. if they think they can make a profit they'll invade a game.

we have unconditional trading. we have loot drop. we have lots of time needed to farm materials, because items wont drop (ignoring the 1% here. but they'll just try for that drop rate anyways). this is perfect for them!

you dont assume it's a small game and a 1 billion industry wont take advantage of it.

there are trade bots in Path of Exile (which also try to price fix).

Yeah gold sellers are very hard to combat. personally I think a game has to be designed from the ground up with this in mind to even have a chance. I've seen some upcoming games that I think will minimize gold sellers, but even with those I dont think it eliminates them.

@Esoba said in Stall/Vending:

Yeah gold sellers are very hard to combat. personally I think a game has to be designed from the ground up with this in mind to even have a chance. I've seen some upcoming games that I think will minimize gold sellers, but even with those I dont think it eliminates them.

only way to stop it is no trading.

i guess you can kill them and they'll not be on Tartaros anymore..

@Jetah heh true enough. Although as a beastman I have absolutely no doubts they'll be prevalent in that PvE environment.

@Esoba

they'll make up 50% of the population. i just hope they have a good anti-bot server side and a report system.

@Jetah

Yeah I fear you may be correct, and I have the same hope. Really a prime spot for them to be is on that planet as its essentially safe, and they can do as they please without worrying much of losing their stuff. Could see it really messing up the economics of that planet if it gets out of hand.

@Esoba

yep. and there's a reason we love all in one stores. i'd hate to have to drive to 15 stores to get groceries for a week or two.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured