Friendly Fire

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I know that, my point was more that the developers need to be aware of certain things with regard to friendly fire. For example, if a fireball spell is cast and it moves in a line outward to explode on contact... you will have some people who look for fights just to jump into that fireball and harm the side that cast it.

This is true for every alignment. It is something that they must not only thus be aware of, but have a strategy to combat.

• Wiki Editor

In general i like to have friendly fire, because it makes the game experience more realistic and you have to be more skilled not to shoot your friends while a hard fight.
    And i agree with others, it can be surely annoying.
    But we have to think about, that it gives us much more possibilities to interact.
    I can imagine to have some Debuff for harming a friend, even a Crime Flag, if you kill a friend that will make your life more complicated.
    I always missed the possibility to shoot to your own faction, if there where someone who is really annoying.
    With friendly fire the funny kiddies who want to prank you without fear of consequences would think twice before they start to annoy you. πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Gothix only if you're below -2500 your limited to evil. We still don't really know what -2500 means and how easy will it be to reach it πŸ˜‰

@Kralith if you're good you shouldn't kill people that prank you and if you're neutral or evil you'll be free to do that πŸ˜„

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@jairone
    and i'm saying on the beastkin planet that wont ever be a problem. when those beastkin or holy aligned players travel to the human planet they have to be cautious with aoe.

the game is a sandbox and that shouldn't be protected on the human and demon planets.

• Wiki Editor

@tulukaruk said in Friendly Fire:

@Kralith if you're good you shouldn't kill people that prank you and if you're neutral or evil you'll be free to do that πŸ˜„

I it is just a prank.... buuuuut if it is a danger for m fellows ☠ πŸ˜‰

• Community Manager

The PvP, Alignment & Crime spotlight contains info about friendly fire.

If you flag yourself as Good, you are not allowed to perform hostile actions against any other Good or Neutral player. There are several ways this restriction is applied – some common cases being:

You can’t use basic attacks and targeted spells against Good or Neutral players.

Your AOE abilities cause no damage or negative side effects to Good or Neutral players.

@Specter so basically that means that friendly fire between good aligned players is turned off on all 3 planets, and good aligned players have a massive advantage in mass fights against evil aligned players everywhere.

I see this as a serious (even game breaking) issue.

@gothix you=good point. game mechanic=not good point. change!!! better?!?!?

@specter
    but that shouldn't work on Tartaros.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@gothix +1

In a somewhat open PvP environment that does feel like a big imbalance.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix basically good have advantage over evil and neutral got advantage over good πŸ™‚

@gothix basically good have advantage over evil and neutral got advantage over good πŸ™‚

How neutral has advantage over good?

Neutral has friendly fire, good doesn't so in a mass fight, good has advantage over neutral as well.
    And as soon as neutral enters combat with good, good can attack them at will, without worrying about friendly fire.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Griefing like that ABSOLUTELY should be protected against. Because otherwise the game turns to having very hard advantages toward making people who otherwise cannot be harmed without consequence, but will ruin your battle if you don't. AKA, good players would be essentially screwed.

P.S. I agree there is an imbalance there with the current friendly fire as people are noting, but that's a little different from what I am noting as something that needs to be watched. I very much agree that good should have to watch what they do as well, and the only thing I think needs protections is the possibilities to grief that apply most specifically to those who can't just say "Yeah, you are a jerk, die." without major problems.

Either it needs rules against it, or you have to have the systems work around it and preclude it. Currently we have preclusion. I'm on the side of fixing that, but at the same time that means the issue needs to be handled with rules. Sandbox does not mean no rules, go outside and try to do something with sand that violates the laws of physics and tell us that there's no rules! πŸ˜›

@jairone
    this is a sandbox game, not a theme park game. there should be no protections against PvP. If I was running the game, there would be friendly fire on all 3 planets. I hate the 'protect the stupid, i'll hold your hand, i'll never let something harm you' ideology we have now.

if you, as a beastkin or holy karma, it's your responsibility to equip skills that won't harm others on the human and demon planet.

The more I read about the relationship of karma and pvp I realize that it is a subject that needs special attention, especially to the great advantage that one particular alignment may have compared to the other. ✌

@meninodeouro
    pvp on the beast planet should give an advantage to the beast. i'm ok with no ff. if they invade tartaros then they need ff!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Friendly Fire:

How neutral has advantage over good?

Good cannot attack neutral at all before neutral attacks good. Neutral can just walk up to good without being hit.

Good cannot attack neutral at all before neutral attacks good. Neutral can just walk up to good without being hit.

That's advantage in 1 vs 1 πŸ™‚ but not in mass fights really.

If zerg of neutrals walk up to good and attack, once they attack, all is open, zerg of people all together, 1 zerg has friendly fire, other doesnt πŸ˜„ who will win ?

@tulukaruk @Gothix
    i believe the ones who attack first will win. doing the hardest/biggest damage spell/ability you can without being attacked first is the best advantage you can have. that would be hesitation in a normal fight.

• This post is deleted!

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured