First impression of Alpha1 -T1 with screen shots

• TF#3 - ENVOY

For those that can't play yet and have not the time to watch a stream here little report about what can do and what not so far in the game. If you have question or just want to see a more detailed screen shot, raise your voice. I will try to answer.

Character creation

After the login you get to the character screen. Here you can choose an existing char or create a new one.
    alt text

When creating a new char you can only play humans so far. The choices you can make are quite limited, but please note you can change the colour of your underwear. Haven't seen that in any other game yet.
    alt text

On the next screen you set your name and stats for your char which do not change as long as the char exists. You can reduce the stats to 6 (gain points for other stats) or raise them till 18. The higher the lvl the higher the points needed.
    alt text

Gameplay
    Now you can finally play. You start naked in the world. You need raw materials to craft yourself the first equipment, fibers, branches, flints or small stones (depending on your weapon). You just pick up stones and harvest branches from the trees. No need to craft a tool yet. You collect fiber from one specific plant. alt text

To craft you don't need anything special, just open the crafting window and select what you want to craft.
    alt text

After you finished the crafting and equiped your stuff you're ready to explore.
    alt text

To claim land and build a house you have to find a ruin. alt text

After you claimed the land you can place your blueprint of the house on the lot and start building it. You will start with the base of stone which needs 24 stone blocks.
    alt text

You place the needed material in the blue spots and then you craft them.
    alt text

Next step are the walls which takes a bit over 60 wood logs. Since it is much work, try to work together. Everyone can help.
    alt text

Next time I hope to show more of combat and skills, but at the moment there is not much to show. Till Alpha1-T2

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

the biomes seem a bit too similar atleast from one of the youtube videos I saw and that has me a bit worried... for example the "creeping wood" just seemed like the rest of the map, i.e. no unique aspect as all... I know the game is in alpha, BUT it's in alpha... usually the world itself doesnt change too much between alpha and final release but hopefully there are some changes to make each biome/ area sufficiently unique...

• Community Manager

@Althalus Some biomes haven't been implemented yet.

• Wiki Editor

@Althalus said in First impression of Alpha1 -T1 with screen shots:

usually the world itself doesnt change too much between alpha and final release but hopefully there are some changes to make each biome/ area sufficiently unique...

Specter still said, it is not all implemented yet.
    What you saw in the Kickstarter Video and other early footages are still made, but it is not in world generator implemented.
    Thats more like concept art, as you would just draw a part of your picture.

Usually the Alpha of an game never reflect the final release.
    We will see for sure much changes till 2021/22

Don't be worried about the state of the game, we got a quite good Alpha, many other games would not be able to show that much, some of them not even in Beta.

I saw the progression from first Pre-Alpha Patch back in November/December and i can tell you, their progress is very promising. 🙂

• Nice post. I just wanna say that even in alpha, game has nice vibe for me. Reminds me my early days in Ultima Online twenty years back

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I suspect a lot of these assets are just placeholders.

They said themselves that Alpha I was purely to test the foundation of the game with resource gathering, crafting, claiming land and building a basic house structure.

I encountered a lot of small bugs in the game while playing, but it seems like they are already aware of most, if not all of them.

@Specter That is good to know!! thanks for the reply!

This is definitely quite promising; I'm excited.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Thanks for your contribution @Sindariya

@Sindariya said in First impression of Alpha1 -T1 with screen shots:

The choices you can make are quite limited, but please note you can change the colour of your underwear. Haven't seen that in any other game yet.

That could actually be quite standard in full loot games where people are constantly running naked after death or when they are fast traveling. At least in Albion this was a thing, but I was a little disapointed because colors were quite neutral grey/brown stuff. No red ones with <3. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Usually the Alpha of an game never reflect the final release.
    We will see for sure much changes till 2021/22

Don't be worried about the state of the game, we got a quite good Alpha, many other games would not be able to show that much, some of them not even in Beta.

I saw the progression from first Pre-Alpha Patch back in November/December and i can tell you, their progress is very promising. 🙂

I didn't know of Fractured until after A1-T1, but from my checking out the game before deciding to be a backer, it looks to be - in EARLY EARLY Alpha - a far cry more polished and has way more vision that my current pre-release fiasco, Legends of Aria. (which has been courting Steam Early Release for almost six months)

I'm looking quite forward to the development of Fractured, and for A1-T2 in Juneish.

the biomes seem a bit too similar atleast from one of the youtube videos I saw and that has me a bit worried... for example the "creeping wood" just seemed like the rest of the map, i.e. no unique aspect as all... I know the game is in alpha, BUT it's in alpha... usually the world itself doesnt change too much between alpha and final release but hopefully there are some changes to make each biome/ area sufficiently unique...

to be fair, alpha is alpha, which is expected to be a bare base game. it is usually in a beta that the game will look closer to release and have stylish biomes and little bits extra to make a huge difference. Even if the biomes all look very similar now, sometimes it doesn't take much to make 2 things that look the same, drastically different from one another.

Wow thanks for the screenshots. From what I'm seeing things look great 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Pretty neat to see what you can do in the Alpha. Played the pre a little and it was just way too bare bones for me to figure out what was going on. Obviously i'm a crappy tester 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I couldn't play as my daughter had her first cold.... So excited to hop on in June

• TF#3 - ENVOY

okay I never expected this thread would get attention again. I'm glad you guys like it and will do the same for A1-T2, if I'm not in holidays.

Cant wait to play hope a2 is more then 3 days long

• This post is deleted!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Sindariya awesome post man! I'm just getting into some of the forums and I can't wait until A1 T2. Thank you for providing some screenshots and explanations! Look forward to more of your chat.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured